Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mysterious Stranger

Forum catagories confusing?

7 posts in this topic

Now that all phone enabled windows devices are 'smartphones' - don't the sub catagories need a bit of re-jigging / renaming? They should all be in the smartphone section else remove the smarthphone tag and make it purely 'standard / pro'?

Just a thought.

M.S

Smartphone was MS's idea of "adopting standards" - taking a standard and changing the meaning of it!

Not all devices are "smartphones" - they are now known as Windows Mobile Standard and Windows Mobile Professional (and Classic I guess), but the main forum groups include both these and their previous names.

Personally I wouldn't change them, MS are bound to do another renaming before too long to confuse anyone who's got used to this new convention.

Not all devices are "smartphones" - they are now known as Windows Mobile Standard and Windows Mobile Professional (and Classic I guess), but the main forum groups include both these and their previous names.

All phone enabled WM devices are Smartphones according to Microsoft! The device is a Smartphone, the software they run is Windows mobile 'pro' or 'classic'. Just thought for a windows mobile website the forum headings should reflect the new nomenclature.

M.S

post-254928-1214332227_thumb.jpg

It's not TOO long before the two platforms merge... then everything will be easy :D

P

It's not TOO long before the two platforms merge... then everything will be easy :(

P

What, you mean Symbian and Windows mobile are MERGING ?!?!?! :D

Oh, you mean windows platforms. And there was me getting my hopes up..

Already got me coat so will get me scarf.

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

LiSymbowsdroid anyone?

:D

P

LiSymbowsdroid anyone?

:D

P

I'm registering the domain now.... sounds like a 'fan fiction' starwars character though...

M.S

( putting me shoes on...)

Edited by Mysterious Stranger