New orange unlimited data, will my plan change?

Guest Eriktheviking

Guest Eriktheviking

ive been on Dolphin 35 for the past 15 months with no unlimited data included, today ive seen that you now get data in these packages. is this for upgrade/new customers or will current customers get the same deal?

Guest Neil5459

You should be able to go into your Online Account and look for the Change Service Plan option. The new tariffs are now listed alongside large 'stars' saying Unlimited Mobile Internet. You do need to update your service plan to get the new services, but if you want to stay on the same level, you will need to speak to CS.

Service Plan updates don't take effect till the next billing date, but Bundle changes take effect after 24 hours, so don't select a new service plan and cancle the OWA30 data immediately or you may find yourself with a large data bill :D

Guest octoped

What do Orange class as unlimited web browsing these days. I called them up yesterday and spoke to someone in CS that couldnt tell me what their FUP was?, Not much help !!

Guest blackhorse
What do Orange class as unlimited web browsing these days. I called them up yesterday and spoke to someone in CS that couldnt tell me what their FUP was?, Not much help !!

fair use is 500mb

Guest octoped

I logged into my orange account online and all the plan change options have only 2 months unlimited web browsing under the 'more details' section. Whats this all about, how do I get it for good?

Guest Neil5459
I logged into my orange account online and all the plan change options have only 2 months unlimited web browsing under the 'more details' section. Whats this all about, how do I get it for good?

If you have updated your account to Dolphin 35 or upwards, you get up to 500MB of anytime Mobile Internet access for the life of the contract.

The 2 months Evening/Weekend is an error (or at least that is what applies to plans that don't include the full Anytime access); I've just gone through this with CS, and have had it confirmed that my plan will be 'Unlimited' from my next billing date.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Darmy
If you have updated your account to Dolphin 35 or upwards, you get up to 500MB of anytime Mobile Internet access for the life of the contract.

The 2 months Evening/Weekend is an error (or at least that is what applies to plans that don't include the full Anytime access); I've just gone through this with CS, and have had it confirmed that my plan will be 'Unlimited' from my next billing date.

I have been banging my head against a brick wall (Orange CS & In Store Sales Reps) with orange about unlimited web browsing. I would like to join Orange on Dolphin 35, but want to make sure that the unlimited data will cater my needs. So far (after sqeezing blood from a stone) I have managed to find out that the fair use policy is 250mb, which I also beleive is now 500mb. According to all people working at Orange they still think its 30mb (idiots) - clearly they are thinking of the £8 bolt on.

What they cannot provide me details off is what they regard as mobile web browsing. I am being told that this only means I can view web pages on my handset, but no e-mails. To me data usage is data usage, regardless of what I use it for. So long as i keep within my fair use policy, why should it matter if its for viewing pages / syncing my e-mails / updating my weather schedule etc. But again I am being told no. For e-mails they want me to add on the £8 bolt on. I think this will be a double charge for something that is already incorporated in the Dolphin 35 package, all because Orange don't know their own product.

At least with T mobile they are quite clear that you can use their data on web browsing and e-mails. Could someone set me straight on what is what. Otherwise, I think I am going to sign up with T Mobile.

Guest jimbouk

firstly O's "unlimited" is 500mb.

secondly its all data - emails or web surfing or google maps etc on your mobile device. They do specifically exclude tethering and voip - but as its free, that's kind of fair.

(thirdly, in my experience O's data counting is not very accurate - which is good as it errs on the low side - and fourthly they have never complained the few times I have tethered for a little while...)

Guest Darmy
firstly O's "unlimited" is 500mb.

secondly its all data - emails or web surfing or google maps etc on your mobile device. They do specifically exclude tethering and voip - but as its free, that's kind of fair.

(thirdly, in my experience O's data counting is not very accurate - which is good as it errs on the low side - and fourthly they have never complained the few times I have tethered for a little while...)

Thanks. At least I can now go ahead without having to debate this area with orange again.

Guest chrisms_cotland
Thanks. At least I can now go ahead without having to debate this area with orange again.

I've been looking at T-Mobile Web N Walk, and I saw the 1GB FUP, I see mention of larger download limits on other Web N Walk Plan's, how do I get a larger limit and how much does it cost?

Chris

Guest blackhorse

This offer finishes tomorrow, be quick to make the change if you havent already

Guest timnicebutdim

hi,

Im really anoyed because i just missed out on this promotion from orange, could anyone hazzard a guess to when or if they will run the unlimited internet again.

many thanks

Guest Confucious
hi,

Im really anoyed because i just missed out on this promotion from orange, could anyone hazzard a guess to when or if they will run the unlimited internet again.

many thanks

October 2012

• 2 weeks later...
Guest I. C. Monsters

I rarely post here, but I felt I had to share my experience with Orange customer service today. I changed my plan last month to take advantage of the July unlimited data offer. After a lengthy discussion the CS representative confirmed that I would be getting unlimited data with a 500MB FUP. As I know Orange, I thought it wise to confirm that the package had been correctly added, as my billing date just passed. This is where I got to spend almost an hour talking about how the 500MB package doesn't exist and the fact that I have 250MB, for which I will be charged for going over. I spoke to two supervisors who said just the same thing.

Following all this nonsense and inspired by this post on Mobilholics, I thought I'd try arguing for termination of my contract. I called again, choosing the option for leaving Orange, where I got to speak to someone vaguely competent. This kind fellow confirmed that I have unlimited internet to the tune of 3GB! I didn't quite believe him, so quizzed him some more and it seems to be true. I also made sure that he made a note of this on my account to save further headaches.

Has anyone else been able to confirm this? It sounds too good to be true.

Edited by I. C. Monsters

Guest Confucious

Oh dear.

When Orange first introduced 3G you got 3Gb data for the first month free of charge, sounds like this is what you are on and iff they have it on your account permanently you might be lucky.

But knowing orange....

Although IIRC someone said it was never taken off their account and they were still getting free data.

You never know.

Good luck!

Guest djleekee

Ive just spoken to Orange and they stated that on Dolphin 35 taken before 31st July 2008 that the RUP is only 250MB!!!!!!

Strange how we are all hearing different figures!