Samsung Omnia Internet Connection Share

Guest prelude

Guest prelude

Hi,

Any of you folks encounter problems with Internet Connection Sharing on the Omnia? This is what I've encountered and looking for some clues to the problem.

I'm able to surf on my Omnia via pocket IE and Opera. However when I connect the Omnia to my notebook (Internet Connection Sharing Enabled of course) via either USB or Bluetooth PAN, on my notebook I'm not able to reach any sites by their domain name at all....however, I can access the sites by their IP address. Apparently something is not resolving the domain name. Any help?

Thanks very much in advance.

Guest Dr Who
Hi,

Any of you folks encounter problems with Internet Connection Sharing on the Omnia? This is what I've encountered and looking for some clues to the problem.

I'm able to surf on my Omnia via pocket IE and Opera. However when I connect the Omnia to my notebook (Internet Connection Sharing Enabled of course) via either USB or Bluetooth PAN, on my notebook I'm not able to reach any sites by their domain name at all....however, I can access the sites by their IP address. Apparently something is not resolving the domain name. Any help?

Thanks very much in advance.

What happens if you run trace route?