Vodafone did it again... Over Half million pound of Phone Bill for just One person!

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

Remember the recent article where someone got a £3k phone bill? Or maybe the £27k bill?

How about this one - a whooping £588,198.15p bill?

Yes, you read it right, it's just over HALF a million pounds of phone bill!

James Abdale, from Norwich, posted a message on the Vodafone forum and one of the Vodafone staff has said that this is the highest they've seen so far!

Read more at The Register

Guest awarner (MVP)

Just a bit of overtime to pay for that then.

Talking about overcharging a story in the news the other day about a guy that was charged 58k for a meal when the staff member got carried away with adding a few zeros lol

Guest Confucious
Surely Vodafone would have a system that flags up huge bills that are abnormal??

They have- other operators call them 'Customers' :D

Guest ukabdale

Vodafone have closed my thread because they claim I was "clouding the fact that the issue has been resolved."

But not before they deleted several posts by me and other angry Vodafone cutomers voicing our complaints. Strangely enough, about 20 mins after the thread was closed someone who voiced their support for Vodafone managed to get his reply posted. Obviously a fluke. Vodafone wouldn't selectively post replies in order to sway opinion in their direction..... <_<

Guest tsutton

Hey there, James. Welcome to Mobiholics!

I did notice Vodafone has been editing/removing posts in the thread in Vodafone forum. I didn't think it was that bad anyway.

Hopefully your issue with Vodafone has been sorted out? Has they offered you any compensation?

They have- other operators call them 'Customers' :D

Lol :D

That is what Networks will tend to do on their own forums i'm afraid ukabdale.

How long have you got left on your contract and whats services do you mainly use?

Guest ukabdale
Hey there, James. Welcome to Mobiholics!

I did notice Vodafone has been editing/removing posts in the thread in Vodafone forum. I didn't think it was that bad anyway.

Hopefully your issue with Vodafone has been sorted out? Has they offered you any compensation?

The only compensation they offered me was erasing the entire bill for the month -- which saved me about £40, so that's not bad.

I still had an issue with my Blackberry data allowance which was only 6MB per month (compared to "unlimited" everyone had been telling me I had) because when I renewed my contract last year I didn't change my price plan.

Eventually someone from the eForum team moved me over to a new price plan without extending my contract so I could get the unlimited data. Unfortunately, in doing so I now no longer have Stop the Clock which means I have to pay more per month to get enough minutes to last me the month -- which means another contract extension.

In other words, I'm screwed no matter which way I go if I stay with Vodafone.

Guest ukabdale
Lol :D

That is what Networks will tend to do on their own forums i'm afraid ukabdale.

How long have you got left on your contract and whats services do you mainly use?

I've got 4 months left. I'm going to fight with them to let me out now, but I doubt I'll get anywhere. I will be parting company with them and I'm never going to enter into another contract with a mobile phone company. I'll buy my own phone from now on and go with a sim-only deal so I know I'll always have the best price plan.

I'm a typical Blackberry user so my phone is my life. I travel around the country 4-days a week so I get my personal and work emails on it. I also use quite a bit of data on Google Maps, National Rail, and any other website you can imagine for travel and keeping in touch (Facebook, Crackberry Forums, etc etc.)

I'm not a big texter because I usually send emails or PIN messages to fellow BB Users.

Guest ukabdale
How long do you have remaining on your voda contract? How much do you pay and what do you get?

Before this started:

500 Minutes with Stop the Clock

1000 Texts

Blackberry with 6MB data

£45 per month

After Vodafone's "help":

500 Minutes

1000 Texts

Blackberry with 500MB data

£45 per month

If I switch to O2:

600 Minutes