Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UKalieninUS

Hermes not making ringing noise...

2 posts in this topic

So I spend most of my time in the US, occasionally in the UK, so switch between US and UK sim cards in my HTC TTyN. All's been fine, until about a month ago. After doing a switch between the UK to US sim card my phone now does not ring.

The phone knows there's an incoming call - it pops up a message on the screen, and if I see said message I can answer and speak to the caller.

But... it doesn't ring, nor vibrate.

Yes, I have the volumes turned up.

Otherwise the phone is working flawlessly. I can phone out, use speakerphone, test different ring-tones, play music etc, if I see an incoming-call message on the screen I can answer, but usually I'm not spending 24 hours a day looking at my phone.

I've gone through the settings to check it's not on silent, etc. it's not.

I've done a soft-reset - didn't help.

I did a hard reset, and before installing anything else rang the phone - but it's still not ringing nor vibrating, only gives a message on the screen.

Any idea what I do about this? A phone that doesn't know how to make a noise when an incoming call happens is pretty much useless to me.

I've not installed any new software on the thing in about 6 months (I do have WM6 on it), so I don't think this change is due to me changing something in the last month - as the hard reset would have caught that.

Am open to ideas on how to rescue the phone... thanks...

Am open to ideas on how to rescue the phone... thanks...

Welcome to MoDaCo!

Give the HTC USA customer service a call, see what they suggest, its 24 hours at 866-449-8358, which is toll free.

Edited by jchamier