Storage memory full

Guest shawfield

Guest shawfield

I keep getting this popup message.

I have deleted most of my SMS messages. Have emptied the 'deleted files'.

Have used the 'find files over 64k in storage memory' in settings/memory but it either only finds files on my storage card or, if I remove the card, it finds nothing.

I've been through the device with a fine-tooth comb using File Explorer & there is basically nothing there of any size at all. All my programs I installed on the storage card.

But i keep getting this message.

How can I find out what files are causing me this problem other than doing what I have already done ?

Thanks guys

Guest virdirs

If you use your Internet Explorer, start it up, go in to Menu, Tools, Options. Click on the Memory tab and and click the Delete files button. Assuming it's the phone memory you've filled up. It may take some time for it to complete. Don't worry if the timer on the screen goes round for ages.

hope that sorts it for ya.

Guest shawfield
If you use your Internet Explorer, start it up, go in to Menu, Tools, Options. Click on the Memory tab and and click the Delete files button. Assuming it's the phone memory you've filled up. It may take some time for it to complete. Don't worry if the timer on the screen goes round for ages.

hope that sorts it for ya.

Great suggestion...timer whirring away now !

Cheers

Guest shawfield
Great suggestion...timer whirring away now !

Cheers

This certainly helped as it increased the available memory by about 25%. But I still keep getting these messages about needing to free-up memory.

Baffled...further assistance would be gratefully received.

Guest virdirs

The only other thing i can suggest is that you may have filled up the internal storage with photos you've taken. I think the camera defaults to the internal storage. Just move any pictures and vids to the storage card.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thephantom

i also had that same problem. i already erased almost all of the unnecessary files in my device. apparently the memory warning message kept on popping out. i think i might have installed a program that eats up memory. i had no choice but to do a hard reset and start from scratch. for the past couple of months i never had the problem come back.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cymruan

I've just tried this, and out of a possible 27ish MB of storage space, it's just freed up 19.9MB

I would have thought HTC or even microsoft would have limited the temp internet files to stop this happening.