• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Storage memory full

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I keep getting this popup message.

I have deleted most of my SMS messages. Have emptied the 'deleted files'.

Have used the 'find files over 64k in storage memory' in settings/memory but it either only finds files on my storage card or, if I remove the card, it finds nothing.

I've been through the device with a fine-tooth comb using File Explorer & there is basically nothing there of any size at all. All my programs I installed on the storage card.

But i keep getting this message.

How can I find out what files are causing me this problem other than doing what I have already done ?

Thanks guys

Posted

If you use your Internet Explorer, start it up, go in to Menu, Tools, Options. Click on the Memory tab and and click the Delete files button. Assuming it's the phone memory you've filled up. It may take some time for it to complete. Don't worry if the timer on the screen goes round for ages.

hope that sorts it for ya.

Posted

If you use your Internet Explorer, start it up, go in to Menu, Tools, Options. Click on the Memory tab and and click the Delete files button. Assuming it's the phone memory you've filled up. It may take some time for it to complete. Don't worry if the timer on the screen goes round for ages.

hope that sorts it for ya.

Great suggestion...timer whirring away now !

Cheers

Posted

Great suggestion...timer whirring away now !

Cheers

This certainly helped as it increased the available memory by about 25%. But I still keep getting these messages about needing to free-up memory.

Baffled...further assistance would be gratefully received.

Posted

The only other thing i can suggest is that you may have filled up the internal storage with photos you've taken. I think the camera defaults to the internal storage. Just move any pictures and vids to the storage card.

Posted

i also had that same problem. i already erased almost all of the unnecessary files in my device. apparently the memory warning message kept on popping out. i think i might have installed a program that eats up memory. i had no choice but to do a hard reset and start from scratch. for the past couple of months i never had the problem come back.

Posted

I've just tried this, and out of a possible 27ish MB of storage space, it's just freed up 19.9MB

I would have thought HTC or even microsoft would have limited the temp internet files to stop this happening.