• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SOLVED!!!!! bypassing a forced device lock

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My work recently forced a device lock on my shadow once I started syncing with the exchange server. I'm not at all worried about losing my job or any other reprecussions, as I don't have any really sensitive data to be found.

So, has anybody figured out how to "undo" the device lock option via the registry? You know, the one that forced you to enter a password (simple or complex) any time you open your keypad? It can be really annoying when your'e on the phone and need to open it to look at something....

Please offer any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Edited by notaliberal

Posted

Not sure on your question but I could not help but to reply about your signature question.

What do you mean an African or European swallow?

Now to go off and watch the film again.....

Posted

Ha ha! I really thought I was the only one that was sad enough to go and find out what film that was in!

Its been a while since I saw the Holy Grail. My favourite film of all time is the life of Brian, and as anyone who knows me will tell you to their disgust, I can almost quote every word of that film, so I got worried I hadn't forgotten it.

Sad I know. I'm sorry!

Cheers

Phill

(former member of the Popular Peoples front of Judea, now disbanded!)

Posted (edited)

Even though my question ios not yet answered, at least I enjoyed reading the replies! :D

I've always been torn between the Holy Grail and Life of Brian. I guess they're tied in my mind. The meaning of life pales in comparison, though I do often finding myself offering those who complain of being full "just one thin, little mint"

Jeff

(of the Judean People's front.)

F*** off, we're the People's front of Judea!

(oh, and Blessed are the Cheesemakers!!!!!!!!) :D

Edited by notaliberal

Posted

Ha ha! I really thought I was the only one that was sad enough to go and find out what film that was in!

Go and find out what film it was????? Since I was 13 I've been able to vertually quote the film line for line.

And yes I know I'm old and very sad :D

@ notaliberal it's a "waffer thin mint" (spelt as pronounced with the accent) :D

Posted

To my knowledge there is not a registry key to undo a lock as such.

A quick google gave this result which may help

http://mobilitytoday.com/forum/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=22

A perminant fix would have to don at the exchange server end aparently.

Posted

Ah yes, silly me. Waffer thin mint....duh!! :D

Thanks for the link Paul, I'll have a look and see if it helps. I'll let you know if it does.

Thanks!

Posted

Thanks Paul!!!!!

I need to use google more often rather than just begging for help.

At first I thought it didn't work, but that was because I never went back into the security setting and un-checked the device lock option. Duh!!

So, now I no longer have to deal with this. A MILLION thanks!!