Orange Data, FUP, Limits

Guest IKWeb

Guest IKWeb

Hey all

This is not really a question relating to a type of mobile phone, more down to a service that Orange UK provide.

I have just moved out, and moved into a Static home, and thus not able to get a landline fitted so been with orange i have chosen to pay the £15 pm for the usb internet option.

Now as some of you may know this comes with a 3GB usage per month, and stupid data charges if you go over this 3GB limit...

Anyway my question is does anyone know if Orange are going to up this 3GB limit, as really 3GB is not that much, I am aware that other companies like t-mobile offer 5 and three offer 7 I think, but I am happy to be with orange as I have my phone with them too.

Anyway any feeback anyone has would be very useful.

TIA

IKWeb

• 3 months later...
Guest andrewkeith5

judging by oranges current and past behaviour its a miracle you managed to get 3gb out of them, and extremely unlikely you'll get any more

if you find you're exceeding the limit a considerably amount, it might be worth you considering one of the 3 pay as you go packages - for example the starter packages cost about 50 quid and give you 3gb to use over 3 months, and give you a 3 dongle as well (i'm not sure how well the drivers would get along though)...three aren't the fastest network or the most reliable, but if you can get a 3g signal with them where you are it might be a useful backup connection just incase orange isn't enough

£1.46 per MB, that is seriously terrible....

Strange for that to be implemented as it's been posted here that Orange don't charge if you go over the 500mb bundle that was around in June/July.

Also strange that they only offer 3gb as a package and that the advertised speed is Up To 1.8Mbps. Orange do offer HSDPA and as far as I was aware this provided Up To 7.2Mbps.

If you have coverage, I would look at either look at T Mobile or attempt to join Orange's Busines Broadband Here which offers unlimited data (can't see any FUP) from £17 pm