Samsung i320 on Vodafone

Guest NinjaWfc

Guest NinjaWfc

I got a Samsung I320 at the weekend from Expansys and since then have been trying without success to access the internet in any way shape or form from my phone. I have been in contact with Vodafone who have been very patient and sent me the settings necessary for my new phone (which I love by the way apart from not being able to access the internet which is very important to me) but still get no joy with IE or Pocket MSN or Wap Browser , just get a Connecting..... message then an Error which says "Cannot connect. Verify you have network coverage and try again.". I know I have network coverage as have a full signal bar on the screen and the G signifying that GPRS is active too. Vodafone have suggested that there is a fault with my phone but thought I ought to talk to others who maybe more knowledgable before sending my phone back.

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I got a Samsung I320 at the weekend from Expansys and since then have been trying without success to access the internet in any way shape or form from my phone. I have been in contact with Vodafone who have been very patient and sent me the settings necessary for my new phone (which I love by the way apart from not being able to access the internet which is very important to me) but still get no joy with IE or Pocket MSN or Wap Browser , just get a Connecting..... message then an Error which says "Cannot connect. Verify you have network coverage and try again.". I know I have network coverage as have a full signal bar on the screen and the G signifying that GPRS is active too. Vodafone have suggested that there is a fault with my phone but thought I ought to talk to others who maybe more knowledgable before sending my phone back.

Vodafone previously supplied the i320 around December 2006.

They have a config. app..

http://devicehelp.vodafone.co.uk/ota.php?M...p;stype=monthly

There is a choice between PAYG and pay monthly.

Have you checked you can connect using a different phone?

M.S

• 3 weeks later...
Guest l0g0killer
I got a Samsung I320 at the weekend from Expansys and since then have been trying without success to access the internet in any way shape or form from my phone.

This is correct for Vodafone on contract in the UK, and assumes you want to access data via GPRS instead of WAP (it's faster, so you probably do).

Start - Settings - Connections - GPRS

Menu - Add

In description, write what you want, perhaps "vodafone" if this has not been used already (all these without the quotes, and case sensitive!)

Connects to: "The Internet"

Access Point: "internet"

User name: "web"

Password: "web"

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP address: leave blank

Now click done

Now use the back key so that you are looking at the main Connections screen with a list of connection types e.g.

1 Beam

2 Bluetooth.... etc etc

Press "Menu", and "Advanced" and, and under "Internet Connection", select the connection you just created i.e. "vodafone".

Now start Internet Explorer. Go to Menu - Tools - Options - Connections. For "Select Network" choose "The Internet".

That should do it. Keep in mind that GPRS is an option that Vodafone would need to know you want switched on, if you have not already asked them.