ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul

Kindly answer the following questiosns:

1-What are the main improvement of the newer DXHH3 over DXHH1?

2- I have the pda upgraded to DXHH1 but the radio is still DXHG4 , does it worth upgrading ?

3- what are the steps, as we did in the HH1 ? the modem driver and then the upgrade with activesync 4.5 on XP machine ?

should we change to Singapore first ?

Really would appreciate you comments so I can upgrade immediately .

Seif

For all the users with German Omnia. I've upgrade my omnia from German to English. I've got 'Incorrect Software Version' when trying to update,to i900DXHH3 and I used the cod to change to Singapore. After reset I've upgradtet to i900DXHH3. After that the DXHG4 was easy.

Hi, I want to update the ROM on my i900 before I do it I have got a couple of questions if anyone can be kind enough to answer them.

1. Do I have to use the modem driver first then install i900DXHH3.7zip or do I just use the zip file?

2. Any 3rd party programes that I have installed (Evernote, S2U2 and the SMS thing Paul provided to make them threaded rather than conversation) will they have to be reinstalled after I have carried out the update?

Thanking you in advance

Matt

Guest CarpHunter

I got my Omnia this week and have to say Im a happy camper. Been working with Nokia for a while but this samsung definitely surprised me.

I have the following ROM version

i900XKHH1 This is dutch Firmware.

Samsung has an upgrade file for version i900XKHH4 but the link isn't working yet.

Hi, I want to update the ROM on my i900 before I do it I have got a couple of questions if anyone can be kind enough to answer them.

1. Do I have to use the modem driver first then install i900DXHH3.7zip or do I just use the zip file?

2. Any 3rd party programes that I have installed (Evernote, S2U2 and the SMS thing Paul provided to make them threaded rather than conversation) will they have to be reinstalled after I have carried out the update?

Thanking you in advance

Matt

Will someone be kind enough to answer my two questions please.

Many thanks ;)

Guest Geronymous
Will someone be kind enough to answer my two questions please.

Many thanks ;)

1. I ran the modem driver first and it worked

2. yes... a ROM upgrade wipes out everything on your ROM and therefore also all your installed applications.

Many thanks for that, just carried it out and works a treat... Only thing is I forgot to back-up my phone numbers so the ones that was kept on the phone have gone!! DOH!!!

Guest Monahans

Hi,

I have PDA: i900XGHH9/BHHH1 Radio:i900XXHH9 (original German ROM).

Now I have two questions: 1. Do you have the same battery indicator problem that causes a very inaccurate charging state + no percentage display.

2. How can I extract the ROM for other user? And is it with or without the programs already installed?

Sorry for the bad English ;)

Monahans

I've tried to update my rom for the first time and im getting incorrect software version.

I have the Orange,UK version XXHG5 and im on VISTA.

I've downloaded the drivers and software program.

I then changed the settings on the phone to France - Orange (also tried Singapore) and waited for it to hard reset.

Upon the hard reset and connecting it up via USB, I keep getting incorrect software version.

Any ideas pls what I may be doing wrong?

hi all

new to this forum just got myself an omnia and wondering if i can upgrade rom

my present rom is Phone : i900 XXHH1 / ACHH1 and PDA : i 900 BU HG5 can i upgrade to Rom version ZHHH2

will it be compatible as i have branded omnia on Voda

Thanks

Eggie

Guys I have DXHH1 (OFFICIAL, LEAKED) firmware on my Omnia and as many reported - battery drains very fast. My 2 questions are:

1) Does the BOHH5 (OFFICIAL T-MOBILE UK SHIPPING ROM, LEAKED) firmware (which is also the newest and fast) have the same battery drainage problem, as DXHH1 one?

2) Is it possible to upgrade from DXHH1 to BOHH5 using official installer, without Grand Prix?

Thanks.

Found the answer to my Question #1 in mj_blue post in this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...ttery-problems/

So, Q #2 is irrelevant now.

Damn, I hope Samsung fixes this soon with new FW update. They've really screwed up - there must be millions of people now with Omnia, which dies on them with empty battery, several times a day

Hello,

I just bought an i900 in Luxembourg. It's sold in english with a message that you can change the language (FR and NL) by downloading a MLI file from the samsungmobile site. Nothing about this file on the Samsung site (shame on them). My ROM version is XXHHB/CEHH8 for the PDA and XXHH9 for the phone. I have a few questions:

1. Do you know were I can find the MLI file ?

2. Is that the latest ROM ( HHB after HH1 ) ?

3. Where I can download the modem driver ?

Many thanks

Edited by idsam69

Guest tropolite

Hi

Just a question about the Network Carrier Codes... is there a file for download somewhere to configure these?

I'm looking for the Australian ones.

Or do these need to be configured manually - ?

Cheers

Guest Flamatel

Finally a ROM in Spanish.

This is hopefully enough for Paul for cooking a Spanish Language Rom Finally:

PDA Version : Pda i900xjhh1

Phone: i900xxhh3

This is an Original Sim Free Dump of i900 Omnia without Customization.

I have successfully dumped the Rom To Part02.raw compressed and uploaded it to megaupload under following link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NGT0AHVJ

If I´m not wrong there wasn´t available yet a Spanish Rom so this might be the solution if Paul is able to Cook the Rom successfully.

Thank you Paul in advance..............

Alexander

Guest LittleMonster

I have one question. I have just flash my Omnia (Singapore) to DXHH3 and everything goes smoothly. I've realised that Chinese input is not available in my Omnia but my friend Omnia (DXHH3) have the Chinese input. She upgraded her firmware at Samsung Service Center. Is it because the ROM downloaded from here removed this function. Thank you

Edited by LittleMonster