ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Guest PaulOBrien

Hello,

I just bought an i900 in Luxembourg. It's sold in english with a message that you can change the language (FR and NL) by downloading a MLI file from the samsungmobile site. Nothing about this file on the Samsung site (shame on them). My ROM version is XXHHB/CEHH8 for the PDA and XXHH9 for the phone. I have a few questions:

1. Do you know were I can find the MLI file ?

2. Is that the latest ROM ( HHB after HH1 ) ?

3. Where I can download the modem driver ?

Many thanks

Hi, I've exactly the same rom. I'm in Luxembourg too. I've put those questions in another treath and i'v e got no anwsers so far. I've a problem with micro sd card. After a search of media on Touch Player it shows no more space available.

Regards

Guest respider

I want to upgrade with this official rom

http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp

what country do I have to select? Are there differences? Bought mine in New York USA, how do I discover from where my device is?

edit: both pda and phone here is DX, that means Singapore, right?

updating officially from samsung site is risky? can I use windows vista?

Edited by respider

Guest tropolite

Hey folks

Looks as though the SamsungMobile site has updated their downloads...

The download for Singapore is DZHH3_updater_xp - its 146Mb. (downloading at the mo)

Anyone know anything of this firmware update as yet??

(There's also a vista version...)

Edited by tropolite

Guest Hydroxpert
Hey folks

Looks as though the SamsungMobile site has updated their downloads...

The download for Singapore is DZHH3_updater_xp - its 146Mb. (downloading at the mo)

Anyone know anything of this firmware update as yet??

(There's also a vista version...)

hmm i just sent my omnia for firmware reflash...had some problems... i think that my HH3 was DXHH3 and not DZ hmm...will edit in a few hours when i collect it again btw also downloaded the update ;)

Hey guys,

I am very new to this so please help me out here.

My version says: PDA i900XXHG5/MSHG1

Phone i900XXHG5

None of the links I've tried so far have worked. The samsung one says wrong version and the one Paul has given doesn't find my phone. Could someone please help?

Thanks

Guest CashMonkey
hmm i just sent my omnia for firmware reflash...had some problems... i think that my HH3 was DXHH3 and not DZ hmm...will edit in a few hours when i collect it again btw also downloaded the update ;)

Me too - I actually tried HH3 from this site and my battery life is unusable....maybe this is a solution?

Guest CashMonkey
Hey guys,

My version says: PDA i900XXHG5/MSHG1

Phone i900XXHG5

None of the links I've tried so far have worked. The samsung one says wrong version and the one Paul has given doesn't find my phone. Could someone please help?

Thanks

Have you reset the phone to be Singapore as per Pauls original post showing what to do when you get wrong software version message?

hi all

new to this forum just got myself an omnia and wondering if i can upgrade rom

my present rom is Phone : i900 XXHH1 / ACHH1 and PDA : i 900 BU HG5 can i upgrade to Rom version ZHHH2

will it be compatible as i have branded omnia on Voda

Thanks

Eggie

hi all

Any one able to give any advice on the rom upgrade can i install it on my branded uk voda

Have you reset the phone to be Singapore as per Pauls original post showing what to do when you get wrong software version message?

If I change to singapore, will it still work with O2 in UK?

Guest CashMonkey
If I change to singapore, will it still work with O2 in UK?

Who knows...in New Zealand we have vodafone which tends to have reasonably standard settings, so as long as it is GSM, all is well. You'll need to do yuor own research or decide to what until you get a branded update (official).

Re DZHH3 - so far, so very good....no stupid battery issues as yet (12 hours after update and at 100% still...like it used to be in G4). Will report progress in a day or two ...

Guest ibe6ube9
Who knows...in New Zealand we have vodafone which tends to have reasonably standard settings, so as long as it is GSM, all is well. You'll need to do yuor own research or decide to what until you get a branded update (official).

Re DZHH3 - so far, so very good....no stupid battery issues as yet (12 hours after update and at 100% still...like it used to be in G4). Will report progress in a day or two ...

good for u:))) i have a slight prob. i followed that guide to change it to singapore...at first my device wasnt restarting after putting all those numbers in...so then i tried to change it to australia, and surprise it rebooted itself. now im back to singapoore but it keep saying i have incorect software:( could u (or anyone) please describe step to step how u did it...for us dumb omnia users. thank u:) i have downloaded official update from samsung website and so far i have that gh4 rom

Edited by ibe6ube9

Guest Amerikiwi

Hey Cashmonkey.

I'm quite happy with the DXHG4 and have got lots of apps and the phone setup good and just minor bugs. Is it worth the upgrade to DZHH3? What differences have you noticed to make it worthwhile?

Cheers m8.

Have find new rom on russian forum 4pda.ru:

PDA: i900DXHI1/DXHI1

PHONE: i900DXHI1

Storage | Program

Total: 89.65 | 96.70

In Use: 32.97 | 38.21

Free: 56.68 | 58.49

Lots of bug fixes, here is the full list: List of changes

Here is the rom:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Have shipped it - it is quite good!

Edited by 200mpx

Guest Shennlon

Hey guys,

My version says: PDA i900BPHH3/UHHH3

Phone i900DXHG4

The samsung one says wrong version and the one Paul has given doesn't find my phone. Could someone please help?

I hawe buy it in czech republic from @ shop.

Thanks

Edited by Shennlon

Guest Testuser7
Woo, now how do we get that? ;)

P

I upgraded to HH3 from Singapore.Everything is fine except the most important one.. the juice for your OMNIA. The battery life now sucks... I would not recommend any one to update for HH3 version..

How do I downgrade to HH1. Could you pls let me know...

Thanks...

Guest Geronymous
I upgraded to HH3 from Singapore.Everything is fine except the most important one.. the juice for your OMNIA. The battery life now sucks... I would not recommend any one to update for HH3 version..

How do I downgrade to HH1. Could you pls let me know...

Thanks...

Upgrade further to DXHI1, see http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...esearch-thread/

Guest Shennlon

I have flash mi Omnia to DXHH1 (OFFICIAL, LEAKED) with no problems :wacko: This rom is ok, beter than G4. Thenks all ;)

Edited by Shennlon

Have find new rom on russian forum 4pda.ru:

PDA: i900DXHI1/DXHI1

PHONE: i900DXHI1

Storage | Program

Total: 89.65 | 96.70

In Use: 32.97 | 38.21

Free: 56.68 | 58.49

Lots of bug fixes, here is the full list: List of changes

Here is the rom:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Have shipped it - it is quite good!

Is it in English? I know it says DXHI1 but just wonder if it is really english. Any changes?

Guest CashMonkey

I just mentuioned on similar threads (merge maybe?) that this battery thing seems not related to ROM's anymore...too many people wuith the same ROM but totally different experiences. I think it might have something to do with the process in which we upgrade, specifically the battery charge before we upgrade, and then the hard reset straight afterwards followed by another full charge....miss a step and somethign else happens? Look, clutching at straws here but it does seem weird.

I just mentuioned on similar threads (merge maybe?) that this battery thing seems not related to ROM's anymore...too many people wuith the same ROM but totally different experiences. I think it might have something to do with the process in which we upgrade, specifically the battery charge before we upgrade, and then the hard reset straight afterwards followed by another full charge....miss a step and somethign else happens? Look, clutching at straws here but it does seem weird.

Had problemes with battery life on HH3, flashed to HI1 - probleme is gone.