Help 6.1

Guest Smasher

Guest Smasher

I just down loaded the update form moto site and installed it and the then synced the phone and it said i have the latest software available???? How is this possible?? HELP

thanks

Smasher

Guest zelendel
I just down loaded the update form moto site and installed it and the then synced the phone and it said i have the latest software available???? How is this possible?? HELP

thanks

Smasher

Did you do the update that has been posted on the web for the past couple of weeks?

Guest Smasher
Did you do the update that has been posted on the web for the past couple of weeks?

No, I waited for Moto to release it! is there a way to tell what software version in on the phone?

thanks

Guest zelendel
No, I waited for Moto to release it! is there a way to tell what software version in on the phone?

thanks

Go into sttings and the 3rd page over and click on about. It will tell you what ver you are running. let me know what it says

Guest Smasher
Go into sttings and the 3rd page over and click on about. It will tell you what ver you are running. let me know what it says

well it say mobile 6 standard

ce os 5.2.1441

Guest zelendel
well I downloaded it again and there was an error message code 2753 any ideas

thanks

To be Honest. I upgraded my Q with the update that was posted 3 MMUK and then waited to do my other Q with the motorola one and was never able to get to go so I just updated it with the file I had from MMUK. My suggestion would be to do get RSD and the file from MMUK and just load it from there. They are the same file as Moto has. Or you could uninstall the update from the pc and try again from scratch. I will see waht I can dig up on that error.

Guest Smasher
To be Honest. I upgraded my Q with the update that was posted 3 MMUK and then waited to do my other Q with the motorola one and was never able to get to go so I just updated it with the file I had from MMUK. My suggestion would be to do get RSD and the file from MMUK and just load it from there. They are the same file as Moto has. Or you could uninstall the update from the pc and try again from scratch. I will see waht I can dig up on that error.

well i uninstalled it a reinstalled it and still no go

Guest Smasher
http://motomoddinguk.info/showthread.php?t=2163 here is the link for complete instructions on how to go about it. There are a few other sites that you might find usefull as well. Everythinq.com is a really good one. You can find me there as well. keep me updated on how it goes.

I was lookin for the RSD link the sites i found on google one link didn't work and the other wasnt free

thank you for the help

Guest zelendel
I was lookin for the RSD link the sites i found on google one link didn't work and the other wasnt free

thank you for the help

If I am not wrong I think it is against the rule

Guest zelendel

If I am not wrong I think it is aginst the forum rules to post the link for a free dwld for that. but send me an email with your addy and Ill see what I can do.

Guest Smasher
If I am not wrong I think it is aginst the forum rules to post the link for a free dwld for that. but send me an email with your addy and Ill see what I can do.

Works Like a Charm

Thank You

Smasher

Guest zelendel
Works Like a Charm

Thank You

Smasher

you are welcome. have fun palying with your new OS if you need any further help I will be checking here on and of and at everthingq.com

Guest nether_bud

:D Help! I changed my start menu and now I can't get it into List view!

I recently updated to the 6.1 rom on my Q9h and went into Explorer to change my start menu like I did in WM6, now the settings link to change the menu to list view errors out. I went into the registry and updated GridView to 0, which works at first, but as soon as I select a folder then on the next screen it goes back to grid and all the menus stay that way. Does anyone have any ideas?

Installed WM 6.1 and Good Link (work email), now I can't select most application or menu icons.

All of the Good apps work (email, calender, tasks, etc).

Start menu works, but when I try to select an icon further down in the menu, such as Messaging, nothing happens.

Tried center button and return key, neither work.

I tried to do a master reset and can't even select that.

Is this a possible WM 6.1 bug or conflict with Good?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BD

Guest ManaWild

I installed Windows 6.1 from this site and everything works fine, I was wondering now that the AT&T has officially released the update will it take with no problems, or will it think I already have it or something?

Guest pjbijoy

If your phone is still in warranty time you can go to the motorola update website, download te motorola update software, turn off your phone, bring up the motorola sofware update program, turn on by *, # and power, connect the cable, you have 6.1 officially from the motorola.