Help - HTC S710 my phone book is gone

Guest evo12345

Guest evo12345

Hello everybody, i was trying to back up my phone, using the Microsoft Active sync software, but it did not want to back up anything, instead it could not detect my phone at all. So i reinstalled the application and when i connected the phone, all of my contacts, reminders were gone. Please help me - does the phone keep the phone book somewhere in the folders or not?

Guest tsutton

When you say "i reinstalled the application", how did you mean?

If you did a HARD RESET, it lose everything including your address book.

Do you sync with Outlook? If so, the details should be already with your Outlook's data file. Have you checked there?

Guest evo12345
When you say "i reinstalled the application", how did you mean?

If you did a HARD RESET, it lose everything including your address book.

Do you sync with Outlook? If so, the details should be already with your Outlook's data file. Have you checked there?

Hi, No, i only reinstalled the Microsoft Active sync on my computer, but after spending today most of the time searching internet, i found this-

1- HTC S710 does not keep back up of the phone book, it does not even have a Deleted items folder.

2- Microsoft Active sync is a very poor priogram, which does not tell you everything about your phone and your actions-what the implications might be- like - when i uninstalled the software, it asked me something like- Do you want to remove the relationship between the PC and the mobile phone? I said YES, thinking that this will make the software to have a clean start, and the result was- my phone book was gone, as well as my tasks.

I had my contacts in Outlook, but not for the last two weeks, and i lost some numbers i got during the last 10-14 days, so guys, if you do the same, when asked this question, do not answer YES like me.