Keypad AND Keyboard anyone? Say hello to the new HTC S740 Smartphone

Guest PPCInformer

Guest richair

What would be the best navigation software for a device like this (since TomTom is no option)?

And while I am at it: is there a better browser available than IE, something like Opera but optimized for Smartphone?

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone notice anything strange with the backlight on the S740 keyboard. It wont come on when you move the joystick! When you press the top buttons only lights for them light up and when you press a number only the numbers light up. Most inconvenient in the darkness. Would love to know who designed this and if there is way to make whole keypad light by moving circular joystick. Also no ridges on keyboard to give you any idea which key you may be pressing in darkness!!!!!

Anyone notice anything strange with the backlight on the S740 keyboard. It wont come on when you move the joystick! When you press the top buttons only lights for them light up and when you press a number only the numbers light up. Most inconvenient in the darkness. Would love to know who designed this and if there is way to make whole keypad light by moving circular joystick. Also no ridges on keyboard to give you any idea which key you may be pressing in darkness!!!!!

Heres response from HTC

you wanted to find away to adjust the back light on the handset. This is something that can not be done, we can not support editing the registry with customers. Also the backlight has not been designed to be changed.

Guest Toyota-F1.com

Just my tuppence worth: I have an Orange SPV C500 and the S740 is pretty much the device I want. Without the QWERTY keyboard. I think that's going to stop me buying it, and ideally I'd like it to be touch-screen.

• 8 months later...
Guest wakei456

Yea to be honest I'd be fine if it didn't have a keyboard... though I do find the S710 one pretty handy at times. I just want a new phone with the same quaility as the other new devices but without Windows Mobile Professional.

Next question is - when can I get it on Orange?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.