Motion Sensor, Light Sensor and then along came Stylus Sensor!

Guest PPCInformer

Guest PPCInformer
thumb_28-Aug-2008_StylusSensor.png

If you own a Touch Diamond are are always on the lookout for G-Sensor enabled applications you would know Koushik Dutta, he has provided some excellent API for the other hackers to work on. Now his latest contribution the Stylus Sensor

He also promises to release an tool that allows users to launch any application, shortcut, sound file, etc, when the stylus is removed from the device.

If you are feeling brave you can play around with this Registry Key :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd\StylusOutStatus

( make sure you back the Registry First )

So what kind of feature do you this this can be used for ?

Guest andrewkeith5

this would be the perfect feature to solve a problem somebody had a huge moan about a while ago on modaco

as the touch diamond is basically designed for finger-only use, why not setup the phone so that when the stylus is extracted, the notes application (or something similar but more powerful) automatically pops up and starts a new note. that way you'd be able to very easily note down your thoughts as you have them, instead of having to faff around getting the stylus out, navigating to notes, forgetting what you wanted to note down, starting a new note, going back to wherever you were in a vein attempt to remember what you wanted to note, and then noting it...

whos up for the challenge...?

Change between two input keyboards. A finger friendly version when the stylus is in, and a fast typing full qwerty keyboard (the MS default one is my preferred) when the stylus is out.

Change between two input keyboards. A finger friendly version when the stylus is in, and a fast typing full qwerty keyboard (the MS default one is my preferred) when the stylus is out.

I second this. Changng the SIP based on the stylus status woud be great (and something that should have been built into TouchFlo).

Guest andrewkeith5

Now theres a good idea! I wonder how easy it would be to determing what application/state the phone is in at the time of stylus removal, that way you could have all sorts of actions...another one i've just thought of is to put the phone back into standby if you've finished writing a note like i said earlier

Guest PPCInformer

correct me if i am wrong , I do remember reading somewhere that if u are on a call and you pull the stylus out of the Diamond it pops up the notes app ..

Guest andrewkeith5
correct me if i am wrong , I do remember reading somewhere that if u are on a call and you pull the stylus out of the Diamond it pops up the notes app ..

it may do it in a call, but i was tlaking about in general. for example, if you see somehing when wlking about or browsing in a shop and you want to make a note of it quickly, and your phoen is off and in your pocket when you see whatever you wan to make a note on

Guest kcxdev
it may do it in a call, but i was tlaking about in general. for example, if you see somehing when wlking about or browsing in a shop and you want to make a note of it quickly, and your phoen is off and in your pocket when you see whatever you wan to make a note on

Kai's Stylus Control does that. You can customise it to open any app when you take the stylus out.

Guest T39andcounting

How about an app that turns off and key locks the Diamond when the stylus is inserted? If i've taken the stylus out, I'm not likely to put it back until I've finished with the device, so this would remove the actions of holding the end call button then pressing the power button.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.