How to adjust your volume levels

Guest Hendrickson

Guest Hendrickson

I've seen a lot of people asking how they can boost their volume of their headsets or when watching a movie through the loud speaker (its very low). Even ringtones are effected by this. So I thought I better finally register and post my findings for other I900 owners.

Its quite simple and does not require a hard rest.

In the phone keypad type: *#0002*28346#

You will then have a screen pop up called audio control util.

How to change the loudspeaker volume for ringtones, movies, mp3s etc

Click menu, normal then handset (the first one, Phones headset/loudspeaker) Here you can change:

Speaker volume: SPK(02) -db is less volume, I have set this to -1.5db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc -both headset and loud speaker. I have set this to 0db.

Radio Volume: RVOL

How to change the headset / earphones volume.

Click menu, normal then headset (the second one, Headphones) Here you can change:

Headphones volume: HP(02) -db is less volume +db is more volume, I have set this to 0db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc. I have set this to 0db.

Radio Volume: RVOL

*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect,

*I recommend play a Mp3 launch the app, then apply the changes and set your prefered max volume.

*Setting high levels could damage the loud speaker or your headphones, not to mention your hearing!.

So there you have it, you can have headphones louder than an iphone or ipod if you wish. I don't recommend touching other settings unless you know what your doing or have copied the defaults so you can revert back incase you srew something up!

Many thanks Paul for H1 firmware, btw if this is handy for users could it be stickyed?? :D

Edited by Hendrickson

Guest Hendrickson
Is that a FANTASTIC hope it works or you've done it and it's fantastic? :angry:

P

I forget to mention I've done this and it works 100%. I now enjoy louder headphone music playback, movies with a decent volume over the loudspeaker and louder ringtones also I downed the caller volume :D just tweaking my i900 to perfection, you should too :D

Guest Simon Desser
Is that a FANTASTIC hope it works or you've done it and it's fantastic? :D

P

It's a fantastic I've done it (although not had chance to actually listen as I'm at work)

My headphone volume WAS set at -12db which would explain the volume problems I've been having! :angry:

Good news! :D

Guest unclesomebody

I've followed the intructions, but when I click Normal, I get three options; THey are Handset, Headset, Camcoder (that's not a spelling mistake on my behalf!). Also, in the second option down (Headset on mine), I didn't have HP(02), instead I have HP(04). I pressed on regardless and made the changes detailed above.

What I would like to see is a complete run down of what all these things are. A little manual for this secret menu perhaps? I would offer to do it, but I don't know what I'm doing and I don't have the time to go through every menu option changing them individually then carrying out a suite of tests!

Thanks for the tip Hendrickson!

Guest unclesomebody

Do you know which setting to alter in order to turn up the volume of the earpiece when in a conversation? I can barely hear what other people are saying most of the time... and yes, my hearing is fine!

Guest natzakaria

These are default values in case anyone wants to revert back

Menu > Normal > Handset

DAC(0C) -4.5

SPK(02) -3

MPBST(22) +12

RBST(14) +0

RVOL(12) 21

Menu > Normal > Headset

DAC(0C) -1.5

HP(04) -12

MPBST(22) +24

RBST(14) +20

RVOL(12) -1.5

Menu > Normal > Camcoder

DAC(0C) -4.5

SPK(02) -3

MPBST(22) +12

RBST(14) +20

RVOL(12) 15

Menu > Talking > Handset

RCV(02) -3

RX(16) -3

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) 0

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08) -6

Menu > Talking > Earjack

HP(04) -7.5

RX(16) -6

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) 0

M2BST(10) 0

TX(08) -6

Menu > Talking > Speakerphone

SPK(02) -1.5

RX(16) 0

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) -3

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08) -6

Menu > Talking > BTMono

ADCV(12) +4.5

RX(16) -6

V2M(18) -9

TX(06) -9

AC97

Address 00

Value 0000

Mark FFFF

Guest Hendrickson

I only changed this to:

Menu > Normal > Handset

DAC(0C) 0

SPK(02) -1.5

MPBST(22) +12

RBST(14) +0

RVOL(12) 21

Menu > Normal > Headset

DAC(0C) 0

HP(04) 0

MPBST(22) +24

RBST(14) +20

RVOL(12) -1.5

I noticed that the loud speaker on 0 will distort too much

Guest SheepWorrier

Has anyone managed to tweak these settings to increase in-call volume on the handset? My hearing is fine, but I really struggle on some calls, particularly calling the T-Mobile call centre!

Guest fenomeno83

I use

1°

DAC(0C):-4.5 db

SPK(02):-1.5db

MPBST(22):+12db

RBST(14):+0db

RVOL(12):21db

2°

DAC(0C):0db

HP(04):-3db

MPBST(22)+24db

RBST(4)+20db

RVOL(12):0db

Hi

I don't suppose anyone knows where a full breakdown of the menu items are as I'm trying to increase the volume to the bluetooth headset but don't want to adjust anything before I know what it will change.

Thanks in advance

Guest nicodega

Hi! I've just joined this forum!

I've recently got my Samsung Omnia, and was wondering how to increase speaker volume while talking...

Has anyone tried changing some of these settings?:

Menu > Talking > Handset

RCV(02) -3

RX(16) -3

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) 0

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08) -6

Menu > Talking > Speakerphone

SPK(02) -1.5

RX(16) 0

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) -3

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08) -6

Did it bring the volume up while talking? I've tried chaging SPK(02) to 0db and RCV(02) to -1.5 but I really cant tell if it did something... It might sound louder but I really cant tell if it really does sound louder or its me wanting it to be that way hehe.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this!

Thanks!

Edited by nicodega