How to adjust your volume levels

Guest Hendrickson

Help! I too need to adjust the ringer/speaker volume... but when I type these codes into my Verizon (USA) Omnia i910, I don't get the pop up screen mentioned. Nothing happens.... Did anyone find that Reg-Edit mentioned above for Verizon Omnia?

Edited by ltorio

Guest ciscokidinsf
Doesn't work on US Verizon model i910 any way around this

I've set up a separate thread with the solution for the VERIZON Omnia. It works, but the gains aren't as impressive as I thought. Check it out.

Guest NickVallely
These are default values in case anyone wants to revert back

Menu > Normal > Handset

DAC(0C) -4.5

SPK(02) -3

MPBST(22) +12

RBST(14) +0

RVOL(12) 21

Menu > Normal > Headset

DAC(0C) -1.5

HP(04) -12

MPBST(22) +24

RBST(14) +20

RVOL(12) -1.5

Menu > Normal > Camcoder

DAC(0C) -4.5

SPK(02) -3

MPBST(22) +12

RBST(14) +20

RVOL(12) 15

Menu > Talking > Handset

RCV(02) -3

RX(16) -3

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) 0

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08) -6

Menu > Talking > Earjack

HP(04) -7.5

RX(16) -6

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) 0

M2BST(10) 0

TX(08) -6

Menu > Talking > Speakerphone

SPK(02) -1.5

RX(16) 0

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) -3

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08) -6

Menu > Talking > BTMono

ADCV(12) +4.5

RX(16) -6

V2M(18) -9

TX(06) -9

AC97

Address 00

Value 0000

Mark FFFF

Any clue what the corresponding Registry data values are for the db values listed? I.E.

Menu > Talking > Handset

RCV(02) -3 = value Name:0x02 value Data:(decimal val of 522125569, hex val of 1F1F0000)

RX(16) -3

MPBST(22) +12

MVOL(0E) 0

M2BST(10) +0

TX(08) -6

I have a i910 and I attempted to use the soundtester.exe file in the windows directory to change the mic volume higher which i am assuming is the MVOL(0E), to my dismay the phone now produces a high pitched squeal when i am in a phone call, like there is a feedback loop. So I am looking for either a conversion factor for the deciBals to Decimal, or just your reg values as you have them.

An added bonus would be to have the default values with a microphone volume that is slightly increased so people can hear me better.

thanks in advance

Guest karen09
I've seen a lot of people asking how they can boost their volume of their headsets or when watching a movie through the loud speaker (its very low). Even ringtones are effected by this. So I thought I better finally register and post my findings for other I900 owners.

Its quite simple and does not require a hard rest.

In the phone keypad type: *#0002*28346#

You will then have a screen pop up called audio control util.

How to change the loudspeaker volume for ringtones, movies, mp3s etc

Click menu, normal then handset (the first one, Phones headset/loudspeaker) Here you can change:

Speaker volume: SPK(02) -db is less volume, I have set this to -1.5db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc -both headset and loud speaker. I have set this to 0db.

Radio Volume: RVOL

How to change the headset / earphones volume.

Click menu, normal then headset (the second one, Headphones) Here you can change:

Headphones volume: HP(02) -db is less volume +db is more volume, I have set this to 0db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc. I have set this to 0db.

*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect,

*I recommend play a Mp3 launch the app, then apply the changes and set your prefered max volume.

*Setting high levels could damage the loud speaker or your headphones, not to mention your hearing!.

So there you have it, you can have headphones louder than an iphone or ipod if you wish. I don't recommend touching other settings unless you know what your doing or have copied the defaults so you can revert back incase you srew something up!

Many thanks Paul for H1 firmware, btw if this is handy for users could it be stickyed?? :rolleyes:

Thankyou for this tip it was driving me crazzy but if i want the ring tone even louder which way would i take it

Guest tribal123

I have changed the settings following the first thread and the ringtones and music from Headset sounds louder.

But when i watch a movie with TCMP the audio is a little bit distorted, not amplified by the program, any tweak?

EDIT: Sorry :) , my mistake, it was the Equalizer in the TCMP that was enabled the problem!!! Once disabled it the sounds looks great!!

Edited by tribal123

Guest pr-raed
Add this file with regedit.

PRESS RESET

after reboot:

Ringtones volume: in the start menu, click on volume icon, set the right slider to make it louder.

Audio: in the start menu, click on volume icon, set the left slider to make it louder.

Thank you, we have repaired the problems :) :D :)

Guest Lindivia Toh
I've seen a lot of people asking how they can boost their volume of their headsets or when watching a movie through the loud speaker (its very low). Even ringtones are effected by this. So I thought I better finally register and post my findings for other I900 owners.

How to change the loudspeaker volume for ringtones, movies, mp3s etc

Click menu, normal then handset (the first one, Phones headset/loudspeaker) Here you can change:

Speaker volume: SPK(02) -db is less volume, I have set this to -1.5db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc -both headset and loud speaker. I have set this to 0db.

How to change the headset / earphones volume.

Click menu, normal then headset (the second one, Headphones) Here you can change:

Headphones volume: HP(02) -db is less volume +db is more volume, I have set this to 0db (level)

Digital-to-analog: DAC(0C) This effects the overall volume of Mp3s, movies etc. I have set this to 0db.

*You must click menu / apply for changes to take effect,

*I recommend play a Mp3 launch the app, then apply the changes and set your prefered max volume.

*Setting high levels could damage the loud speaker or your headphones, not to mention your hearing!.

So there you have it, you can have headphones louder than an iphone or ipod if you wish. I don't recommend touching other settings unless you know what your doing or have copied the defaults so you can revert back incase you srew something up!

Many thanks Paul for H1 firmware, btw if this is handy for users could it be stickyed?? :)

Hi I am new to WM, i had followed all the steps you stated, but somehow the volume is still the same. Is there other steps that i had overlooked? Could you please help me

Thanks in advance

Guest za3boto

My software version is JVHK1, and when I followed the exact steps you mentioned here, I found all the phone's sounds muted. When I returned back to the application, I found my DAC setting to -34.5 and SPK setting blank! Now eveytime I change these settings and choose apply, it doesn't save my selection. Soft reset didn't work (even the startup tone is muted). Now I'm hard resetting my omnia and trying again. Any help?

Hi there, when I make a call, then click on "Speakerphone" button, the default volume is always the lowest volume. Is there anyway (via this method) that I can set the default to be max volume? Quite stupid that it starts with the lowest volume.

Can one do this process in an automated fashion, for every ROM update.

with a *.reg or *.cab. file.

what files or registry keys are changed.

Thanks

Edited by abu123

Guest Sanja_Omnia

I have my second Omnia.

The sound of the first (when tolking) was nice. But this second one isn't as good as the first.

When I'm talking people tell tats it sounds like from very far. So sound quality of microfone isn't good.

I know about *#0002*28346#, but what I need change for a good sound????????????????????

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest d1mitrov

hmm...i changed the settings and they applied, however i cant really tell any difference...it sounds just as loud as it did before. maybe i just cant tell...

Edited by d1mitrov

Guest colinlaughton

Great site folks !

Here's a puzzler

I've messed around with SoundTester.exe and achieved desired results for listening to music through the speaker on the phone, hearing when using as a phone etc.

BUT . . .

I use a bluetooth stereo headset on my motorbike which when in full chant gives me route prompts using sat nav and also streams music on the long journeys around europe. Well, the sound ain't loud enough through bluetooth so I figured alter the settings but when your bluetooth headset is connected the settings are somehow locked. You can try and change any of them, remembering to save the settings but if you look back they will revert to some pre designed values.

If you un connect the headset you CAN change them but again, on connection, they revert to these unmoveable values.

I normally use a Jabra BT3030, the one which looks like a dog tag, I though it may be to blame. I now use a Motorola S705 which is better BUT the desired volume can only be achieved using a media player with a graphic equalizer and pre-amp like Pocket Player.

Still, the vol on thephone is on 100% and the 705 is around 90% . . .

Anyone else noticed this locking of sound values with BT stereo headsets ?????

Please help if you can,

Thanks, Col

Guest Rabbi Eli
Great site folks !

Here's a puzzler

I've messed around with SoundTester.exe and achieved desired results for listening to music through the speaker on the phone, hearing when using as a phone etc.

BUT . . .

I use a bluetooth stereo headset on my motorbike which when in full chant gives me route prompts using sat nav and also streams music on the long journeys around europe. Well, the sound ain't loud enough through bluetooth so I figured alter the settings but when your bluetooth headset is connected the settings are somehow locked. You can try and change any of them, remembering to save the settings but if you look back they will revert to some pre designed values.

If you un connect the headset you CAN change them but again, on connection, they revert to these unmoveable values.

I normally use a Jabra BT3030, the one which looks like a dog tag, I though it may be to blame. I now use a Motorola S705 which is better BUT the desired volume can only be achieved using a media player with a graphic equalizer and pre-amp like Pocket Player.

Still, the vol on thephone is on 100% and the 705 is around 90% . . .

Anyone else noticed this locking of sound values with BT stereo headsets ?????

Please help if you can,

Thanks, Col

Mine is totally strange. When I use the Omnia handset with a BT headset, it is great. But when I use the handset, I get all kinds of feedback. I can hear everything around me through my handset. If I turn the BT back on, everything is fine. Turn it off, background noise and so much feedback, I have go either go to speakerphone, or BT headset. Anyone else enjoying this undocumented feature? If yes, how do I fix it?

Edited by Rabbi Eli

Guest attak69

I'm a little bit confused... can someone please clarify which settings I need to change to increase the in-call volume for both speakerphone and non-speakerphone modes? There seems to be all the 'Talking' settings, but nobody seems to go into detail as to what these are. I find that the in-call volume when set to maximum is still not that loud.