Bluetooth voice command

Guest Princy

Guest efjay
Unfortunately, I don't have an A2DP headset to test with.

Nobody complained yet, so I guess it should work. :(

I'd really appreciate if you could test it and post your results.

I'll probably update the solution on the other thread today or tomorrow to solve the FM Radio issue...

I am waiting for your updated solution before I cook a rom, I will be using IA5, will your fix work with that rom as well?

Guest liads
I am waiting for your updated solution before I cook a rom, I will be using IA5, will your fix work with that rom as well?

I updated the solution, but there could be an issue with IA5.

I'll test it later myself, but you're welcome to try as well.

Guest liads
My friend how did you manage to do that??? I installed MS voice command, i also tried cyberon voice commander, but in both cases when i press the headset button the only thing that happens is to re-dial the last called number! I have a samsumg bluetooth headset (mono). Any advice?

MS Voice Command (1.6) should work with BT immediately after installation and soft reset.

In the registry, check the value of "BTAGExtModule" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway

It should point to "\windows\vcbthag.dll" or the same dll in another location for Voice Command to handle the BT headset button press event.

Guest spidius
MS Voice Command (1.6) should work with BT immediately after installation and soft reset.

In the registry, check the value of "BTAGExtModule" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway

It should point to "\windows\vcbthag.dll" or the same dll in another location for Voice Command to handle the BT headset button press event.

I dont know if its my rom that has the problem (it's greek, not english), but althouth i installed and soft reset and after i checked that the

BTAGExtModule does point to vcbthat.dll, when i press the bluetooth call button the phone redials instead of enabling voice command...

Any ideas what maybe wrong???

Thanks in advance

Guest liads
I dont know if its my rom that has the problem (it's greek, not english), but althouth i installed and soft reset and after i checked that the

BTAGExtModule does point to vcbthat.dll, when i press the bluetooth call button the phone redials instead of enabling voice command...

Any ideas what maybe wrong???

Thanks in advance

Usually, when the BT headset button opens the phone application it's due to not being able to load the dll referred by the BTAGExtModule registry value.

Check if the vcbthag.dll actually exists...

Guest efjay
I updated the solution, but there could be an issue with IA5.

I'll test it later myself, but you're welcome to try as well.

Thanks, I will cook my rom tonight and charge my battery and flash tomorrow, hope it goes well.

Guest spidius
Usually, when the BT headset button opens the phone application it's due to not being able to load the dll referred by the BTAGExtModule registry value.

Check if the vcbthag.dll actually exists...

it actually exists...

could it be the version of the msvc i use? which one do you propose??

Guest liads
Thanks, I will cook my rom tonight and charge my battery and flash tomorrow, hope it goes well.

Good luck !

I can now confirm that there is no (other) problem with DXIA5 :(

Edited by liads

Guest liads
it actually exists...

could it be the version of the msvc i use? which one do you propose??

AFAIK, only 1.6 is supposed to support BT.

Perhaps you should try a clean install after doing a hard-reset...

• 7 months later...
Guest MavBoss86

"Hi Liads,

I want to ask one thing: it's possible that the Italian/Europe versione of Omnia is more similar to the US SCH-i910 than to the US SGH-i900? This because I know that the US SGH-i900 is only GSM, instead the SCH-i910 and the europe SGH-i900 are HSDPA/UMTS. So, if yes, do you think it's possible to bring the driver from the SCH-i910 of Verizon that solves the problem of bluetooth and put it into mine Italian/Europe SGH-i900?

I haven't tried your solution yet, but the only thing that stop me is that I don't want to wake up the phone only with power button (and another cause is that I don't know which version of ROM to install, the one for the i910 or the one for i900, but this is another problem ;-) )..."

I think I made a Big error understanding the difference between the devices...

Can you tell me if now I understand correctly: SGH-i900 is UMTS/HSDPA and Verizon SCH-i910 is GSM/GPRS... Is right? So my above question is not valid, and I think cannot be done better than what you have done... :)

Edited by MavBoss86

• 4 months later...
Guest dbsimms63
I remember when I first got my Omnia I spoke to these people, and they told me that essentially the text is generic and they did not in fact test VC with the Omnia. The same text is repeated depending on which device you choose...

However, VC version 6 will (and does for me) work with the Omnia in this fashion:

- If you initiate VC with a hard button on the phone, it will start using the Omnia Speaker and microphone (NOT the headset). If it is quiet VC will understand your commands and initiate a call. At that point, audio is transferred to your headset and you can continue normally.

If you use a Stereo BT headset (I tried it with a Jabra BT-8010), you get a little extra: after pressing the button on the Omnia to initiate VC, you hear all the audio generated by VC in your headset , but the BT microphone is still not turned on. Also, if you ask something like "What time is it" you will hear the VC answer in your headset (providing it is quiet enough for the Omnia microphone to pick up your command). So it is a little better than with a mono headset, but the microphone is still not turned on until a call is connected.

It is a problem with the BT Stack and it apparently took Samsung one year to solve this very same problem on the BlackJack...

BTW, HH1/HG5 refers to the firmware (ROM) version of your phone. VC will behave the way described here whatever your frimware revision (up to now).

Hope this helps.

Well I've been struggling with the Omnia since I got it 11/08. Finally called Samsung today. Come to find out the Omnia was not made to allow incoming caller ID to be played over ANY BT headset, not even a Samsung one. At lease I get all the other Voice command functions to work. I can hear incoming emails, texts, can ask questions and get answers over BT, and intiate calls via BT. Why make a device, put software like Voice Command on it and not make sure that all the functions could be utilized. I did finally figure out that if you disable call announcements, you will at least hear a beep tone in your BT headset when getting a call. Way to go Samsung! This will be the last Samsung device I ever buy. Don't like companies who do half a$$ jobs.

Edited by dbsimms63