Wm6.1 Out

Guest MakaMaka

Guest watttryan

I have the canadian version of the blackjack 2 the Samsung Jacki616....its the exact same phone....does anyone know how I would download this to my phone???

Guest Mikdugal1

just installed..

omg i creamed my pants this is so awesome!!!! i waited so freaking long...

rumored is someone installed garmin on their phone on att forums an it works with no unlocking hacks..

woooooooooooooooot!

Guest Mikdugal1
just installed..

omg i creamed my pants this is so awesome!!!! i waited so freaking long...

rumored is someone installed garmin on their phone on att forums an it works with no unlocking hacks..

woooooooooooooooot!

reply to myself..

FASTER turn on an turn off of the phone.. improved so much.. SO MUCH!@!@!@

Guest ivanchorojo
garmin has to be reinstalled right?

anyone else install it along with garmin yet?

yes all data

Any installed programs and/or updates will need to be re-installed after applying this update.

Guest surfturtle

I just upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.1 and it worked like a charm and from first glance it looks amazing however I am stuck with no Internet access.

I am not using AT&T network and everything works fine (calls in/out) but the GPRS settings are locked to AT&T.

I tried adding a new connection but it won't work since the pre-configured AT&T settings cannot be removed.

Can anyone help me unlock the GPRS settings?

Thanks

Edited by surfturtle

Guest ChrisFix
so does garmin work with it? :D

Yes, and in limited testing, seems to get a GPS lock a lot faster...

I've tested with Garmin XT, Live Search and Google Maps...much much faster lock. Google Maps seems to take the longest, like 30 seconds (which is a fraction of what it used to take). Live Search and Garmin XT are locking in a matter of seconds...indoors with phone sitting on my desk (as opposed to outdoors with clear view of sky like before). Fantastic improvement!!

I have Garmin XT app on the micro SD card, and upon inserting it after flashing, it prompts to install and was running in under a minute...

Edited by ChrisFix

Yes, and in limited testing, seems to get a GPS lock a lot faster...like under 10 seconds from cold start with Windows Live Search...indoors sitting on my desk. That is a vast improvement from before, as in 5+ minutes better

I have Garmin XT app on the micro SD card, and upon inserting it after flashing, it prompts to install and was running in under a minute...

very cool, im sold! thanks ChrisFix!

Guest tdmoreno

Can anyone check to see if internet connection sharing works with 6.1. The only thing stopping me earlier was finding out if garmin works and also ics.

I tether to my laptop and would be crushed if i went to 6.1 and couldn't tether anymore.

You can find info on ics at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...ge=18&pp=15.

The post by disker worked for me.

Thanks in advance!!

Can anyone check to see if internet connection sharing works with 6.1. The only thing stopping me earlier was finding out if garmin works and also ics.

I tether to my laptop and would be crushed if i went to 6.1 and couldn't tether anymore.

You can find info on ics at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...ge=18&pp=15.

Thanks in advance!!

I haven't used that feature yet, but I looked through the menus and right there in all programs was Internet Connection Sharing. Looks like it will work!

So far I'm really liking the new interface. The Home screen is so much more organized and consistent. Lots more info and items right at your fingertips.

Also, the scroll wheel definitely works quicker now. I'm happy!

Guest ChrisFix

Thanks in advance!!

ICS works, but you can't modify the settings... I have the tethering plan, and it works great...other posters without the tethering plan are looking for how to reg edit the GPRS settings...

Found this on Howard Forum:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dario69

From what I can see so far the Internet Sharing option has some strings attached. First off the GPRS connections are locked down. You cannot modify the existing connections or even see their values. If anyone knows a way to remove this lock that would be great.

If you look at the registry Internet Sharing is forcing the use of AT&T ISP. Granted you can change this and point it to a new connection using existing values. I am curious what the difference is between these connections. They must be routing Internet Sharing traffic differently than IMS and Media Net.

So far so good. ChomeConfig works - albeit the error message on startup. I will try the other media panel color options. No reason why they shouldn't work as well.

I think the main reason for this is to allow access based on the plan you have. If AT&T ISP is the default tether and your plan doesn't have PDA Net with Tethering then they can probably fish you out and kick you off the connection.

There is however a way to edit/unlock those as people from the Motorola Q9H group have posted. They noticed the same changes and changed the registry settings so that they can be edited (unlocked). Makes sense AT&T would do such a thing though, that way they can force the $50 out of you instead of the $15 most of us pay.

Edited by ChrisFix

hmm. turns out the new GPS on 6.1 uses satellite AND cell towers... does that mean there will be data involved with using the GPS?

i dont have a data plan, which is why i ask

Guest dtphantom
hmm. turns out the new GPS on 6.1 uses satellite AND cell towers... does that mean there will be data involved with using the GPS?

i dont have a data plan, which is why i ask

shouldn't. What happens is ATT keeps a database of where all the gps satellites are in the sky, so when you try to get a sat lock it polls the database so it knows where to look and for which ones. But I don't think that uses your actual data, plus it may only work if you use the ATT navigator program.