Samsung i900 Omnia now available on T-Mobile UK

Guest deadphill

Guest martinsa

Just called t mobile for an upgrade.... they are out of stock, but the nice lady said she would ring when they are back in... she estimated a week.

So looking forward to upgrading to this phone... after using my Touch Dual non-stop since it came out... it's pretty worn out now! and the i900 looks like an almost perfect device... I'm annoyed they've not gone with a mini USB :-( ... apart form that looks great!

Martin

hi guys first post

I have been ringing T mobile every day 3-4 times a day to see if I can get this phone but as every one else has reported them there people at T mobile keep saying it's not in stock and maybe in tomorrow but maybe next week, How can these people not know when it will be in there hands ?

I also have been told that cause I have waited so long for this phone I would get flex 35 and WnW for £35 per month and the phone for free, the guy said this would be the case when the phone came in buuuuuuuuuttttttttttt guess what when I ring the next time a different person and different answer the phone will cost 30 - 70 and the flex 35 with WnW for 40 per month.

Why can't Tmobile get there act together, I'm thinking Voda have the phone and do pretty good deal so may well have to go there !!!

Has any one got any Experience of voda and what are there internet access limits like ?

I really want this phone please help

Thanks ;) :wacko:

Guest Fleabag
What swayed your decision?

The Omnia being larger, the very feminine stylus design, the lower screen resolution and the lack of 3D hardware onboard. It's nice and all, but the only real benefit I see is the larger screen and the 5MP camera - I'm happy with the smaller screen (and am in love with the resolution) and rarely take photos - the Compact does well enough for me in that respect.

Well I rang T-Mob yesterday asking if I could upgrade from my SIM-only contract to an 18 Month with an Omnia and was told that it hasn't been released yet and it wasn't on the website.

They then agreed that it had indeed been released but I couldn't order it until it appears on the T-Mob website! ;)

All I want is a quick 'how much' answer

If you're a SIM only customer and have been a customer less than X amount of months (not sure about the exact number of months) you haven't get generated an upgrade value so you are treated as a new customer. As a result they have to 'match' you to their' website deals, which is why while it isn't on the website they wouldn't do it for you. That being said, they could have used the retail price list, which definately had the Omnia listed for new connections as far back as 2 weeks ago.

My brother is in the same boat... wish they'd hurry up and get some stock! :wacko:

I'll try and stop by with an update when I hear something. :(

hi guys first post

I have been ringing T mobile every day 3-4 times a day to see if I can get this phone but as every one else has reported them there people at T mobile keep saying it's not in stock and maybe in tomorrow but maybe next week, How can these people not know when it will be in there hands ?

I also have been told that cause I have waited so long for this phone I would get flex 35 and WnW for £35 per month and the phone for free, the guy said this would be the case when the phone came in buuuuuuuuuttttttttttt guess what when I ring the next time a different person and different answer the phone will cost 30 - 70 and the flex 35 with WnW for 40 per month.

Why can't Tmobile get there act together, I'm thinking Voda have the phone and do pretty good deal so may well have to go there !!!

Has any one got any Experience of voda and what are there internet access limits like ?

I really want this phone please help

Thanks ;) :(

I called T-Mob yesterday about upgrading to the Omnia and I was quoted £20.....if I take a £40 a month contract! So I asked how much the phone would be with a £35 contract (18 month) - they quoted £140! I nearly choked! :wacko: So I'm off to Vodafone for a free Omnia on a £35 contract. A shame as I'm happy with T-Mob but I wasn't paying that kind of wedge!

I called T-Mob yesterday about upgrading to the Omnia and I was quoted £20.....if I take a £40 a month contract! So I asked how much the phone would be with a £35 contract (18 month) - they quoted £140! I nearly choked! ;) So I'm off to Vodafone for a free Omnia on a £35 contract. A shame as I'm happy with T-Mob but I wasn't paying that kind of wedge!

I have had tmobile on the phone today thay have got 600 of the i900 in the morning and I have got one at last, got it on flex 35 with WnW for £35 and had to pay for the phone £50, oh well we can't have every thing but i wanted this phone so much so "oh well such is life" :wacko: I get it tommorow before 1pm

Edited by bigb66

Guest deadphill
I have had tmobile on the phone today thay have got 600 of the i900 in the morning and I have got one at last, got it on flex 35 with WnW for £35 and had to pay for the phone £50, oh well we can't have every thing but i wanted this phone so much so "oh well such is life" ;) I get it tommorow before 1pm

So what are your thoughts on it?

Cheers

Phill

Hi,

Can anyone advise on how they find the screen? I mean the brightmess etc. have read loads that the screen isnt that good due to the pixels. I would like to know what people think who have first hand experience.

Thanks

The screen is OK if you have never used an iPhone or a Nokia N95 before. It is simply no match for Apple's screen. The resolution is not a big issue but the brightness might be. It's simply not as sharp or vibrant. I have tried stock Omnias, T-Mobile Omnias and Voda Omnias and the T-Mobile one doesn't seem too heavily branded, however it seems to be SIM locked.

Guest martinsa

Well mine turned up yesterday… Very happy, after getting use to not having the touch dual keyboard!!!

One thing to note, it comes with threaded SMS turned off!!!! So you need to see Paul’s Post on disabling it here: http://www.modaco.com/content/forum/271937/view-topic/ but set the value to 0 to re=enable threaded SMS! :-)

(also had some fun getting GPS working… see: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/271495/...g-used/page/60/ )

Martin.

So what are your thoughts on it?

Cheers

Phill

Well thoughts are, the phone is so cool ;) This is the first windows mobile I have owned but i have played with many other peoples ones,

So for the thoughts

1. the screen is not as good as the I phone but better than the viewty,
  2. the interface is not as good as the I phone but with spb shell this is not a problem and some tweeking, ie losing the wigets screen and putting on the samsung standard screen this helps.
  3. The sound for the speakers is not as loud as my w850i walkman phone but with the speaker tweek this is not a problem in fact louder !! great hope's the speaker can hold out !!
  4. the call quailty is good althought I have'nt used it at work yet.
  5. the opera browser is great but maybe a little slow, possaibly change to opera mini.
  6. the gps is is OK I am using IGO8 and this seems to work well but again have'nt used it for work.
  7. The camera I was a little disapointed with but maybe thats just me the pictures seem to be a litte on the washed out side and even blurry at times but maybe thats me and my shackey hands ( if any one could post there views on the camera I would be most gratefull !!)
So far this is the phone i hoped it would be all be it with it problems such as the camera but maybe thats some thing I will have to live with,

all in all Great phone and a defo I PHONE KILLER with the right tweeks LOL

Bigb

• 2 weeks later...

If you're buying an omnia on contract from vodafone, register on Quidco and you get £90 cashback if you buy the phone through them... also there's some codes for either a free 1Gb card (woooo) or a bluetooth headset.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.