The OFFICIAL Samsung i900 Omnia DXHH1 update: LEAKED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest khairi1

Dear All,

Just flashed my i900, only the PDA is updated from DXHG4 to DXHH1 (Step 1-3), but at step4, Port create failed!. The phone is still old version. Anyone know what i have done wrong?

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24) ...... Port Create retry (2) Port Create retry (1) Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Thanks for your kind reply.

Guest bobsbbq
Dear All,

Just flashed my i900, only the PDA is updated from DXHG4 to DXHH1 (Step 1-3), but at step4, Port create failed!. The phone is still old version. Anyone know what i have done wrong?

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24) ...... Port Create retry (2) Port Create retry (1) Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Thanks for your kind reply.

Youneed to install the modem driver. Please see Pauls guide to flashing i900 in the i900 forum.

Guest malikms
Flash a rom using the .exe file is very easy, i've flashed roms over 10 times, and got no pros.

Just:

1.double-click the .exe file to run it

2.power-off you Omnia

3.plugin the USB cable to Omnia

4.some seconds later, the START button of the .exe file will be available, click it to flash and wait some mins

5.when it says Job Done and you're done.

so which one is it for the number 2 step. is it turning off your phone as in (hold the top right button until it's off) or plug the omnia, and hit the stylus reset button? (as what paul's mentioned up front).

thx before.

Guest Blossom
and Paul, is there an improvment to the XHH1/XHG5? any better? I mean is it worst it except for the people who have the battery issue?

I just did the flash and thank God it end up succesfully...

But...nothing new about the wingets, actually it less tha G4 ROM...

Guest Unisoldrew
so which one is it for the number 2 step. is it turning off your phone as in (hold the top right button until it's off) or plug the omnia, and hit the stylus reset button? (as what paul's mentioned up front).

thx before.

Yes, i'm confused about this too.

Guest GSeeker2
OK, so now this is freaking me out. I might have more memory, but streaming player is broken again.

Whaaaaaaat! :D

P

Yes, i noticed this too. don't know why.

How could this happen in an "official" rom? too weird :D

Guest landslot
OK, so now this is freaking me out. I might have more memory, but streaming player is broken again.

Whaaaaaaat! :D

P

Hi Paul,

i just join in.

just like to know how much more memory are we talking about? As i dont need streaming player this might be good news to me..

landslot

Guest bobsbbq
Hi Paul,

i just join in.

just like to know how much more memory are we talking about? As i dont need streaming player this might be good news to me..

landslot

I got about 30 mb more or about 86 mb Free.

Guest bobsbbq

Ok my impresions so far on this ROM.

1. Definately seems slower than the H1 reconstructed from Chaimd.

2. Screen Rotation not as fast IMHO.

3. Battery still to soon to tell.

4. Phone signal may be better, still to soon to tell.

Guest Unisoldrew
Ok my impresions so far on this ROM.

1. Definately seems slower than the H1 reconstructed from Chaimd.

2. Screen Rotation not as fast IMHO.

3. Battery still to soon to tell.

4. Phone signal may be better, still to soon to tell.

How about the touch screen.

Any improvements in sensitivity or alignment?

Guest viper88

I've flashed my Omnia successfully using ur previous unofficial HH1 upgrade and have installed all my favourita apps back about 2 days ago.. NOW the official HH1 out ady :D . So far no battery drain fast problem. Some problem i noticed is the

SMS chatting interaction screen bottom text flickering

I've have hard time upgrading last time, :D my device upgraded 100% direct to HHI but HANG at Samsung startup with the word Samsung. I've use ur guide using Grand Prixto flash to Portugese firmware, change Incorrect Software version to SG but still cant upgrade to HHI. It still gives Incorrect Software version when i try to upgrade to HHI. I've tried many times softreset my device after change region to SG but still get the same error msg!!

After i removed my Omnia battery, restart device and run the code to chg Software version SG, then only i'm able to upgrade to HHI. :angry:

If i upgrade to the official Samsung HH1, can i use Resco backup to restore all my apps tat i've installed without start installing them back from scratch?

Cheers,

v_viper88

Only main memory. re: Singapore fix, unknown, but quite possibly!

P

Guest Shin007

Hi, having no luck with mine.

Installed the modem drivers, succesfully according to the message.

When i connect the phone it searches for the drivers and finds nothing.

My Laptop:

Windows XP SP2, No Samsung or Active sync software installed

The omnia is an unbranded/unlocked UK 8GB version.

Shin..

Guest landslot
I got about 30 mb more or about 86 mb Free.

Thanks for the replay bobsbbq :D

30 mb thats alot... will wait for more feedback before i try flashing to HH2 HK and back to HH1.

Any resaon on why the 'extra' memory?

landslot

Just flashed my Onmina (German Device) without problems.

[...]

Regards,

Rudi

Hey Rudi,

I'm from Germany, too. I have a quick question: which language do you have after flashing the device? And how about the input methods (Samsung Keyboard/Keypad/Phonepad and T9, and the Transcriber)?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Paul

I got my Omnia a few days ago with DXHG4 for both PDA and the phone.

I just upgraded to the official HH1 as per your guide but changed the Country to Singapore first.

I had a successful upgrade for the PDA to i900DXHH1/DXHH1 but then it failed to update the phone and kept trying from itself for some twenty times very fast and give me " Upload failed :

I did soft reset and found everything is OK and working except for the same old version of the phone. My questions to you please , are ;

1- Does the new phone DXHH1 better the old one I still have ? so I should dig and keep trying until I get it ? I am inclined not to take any more risk if the differences are not sound .

2- I did not notice in the next 30 minutes any differences in the widgets / icon or qty and types of programs . Have I REALLY upgraded or actually nothing happened despite the change in the name of the PDA rom ?

Tow more things please :

A- how can we get the new Diary ( found in the Russian rom) in English ?

B- No Voice dialing is working properly via the BT headset ? can you help or suggest something ?

Appreciate having your comments

M Seif

Edited by M Seif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.