The OFFICIAL Samsung i900 Omnia DXHH1 update: LEAKED!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tropolite
me either ;)

It's there... you must have blurry eyes from modding your Omnia! :wacko: - DXHH3 (full update, tested OK!):

...toward the bottom of Paul's first post in ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Cheers

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
DXHH1all.png
Regular readers will know that the Samsung i900 Omnia is my 'device of choice' at the moment (tough call, there are a LOT of desirable devices out there atm!), and now courtesy of kingmobile, i've just downloaded and installed the OFFICIAL DXHH1 update from here, which has recently been released to Samsung service centres! :D

Flashing this update gives you...

• DXHH1/DXHH1 PDA
  • DXHH1 ROM

HH1 itself brings a host of improvements over the officially released HG4 build, including..

• More haptic feedback (including for the XT9 keyboards! Hurrah!)
    • New Today widgets
    • More screen rotation animations
    • Updated core OS and application versions
    • 'Connected Home' DLNA server
    • Updated Opera Mobile (build 1957)
    • Reduced memory usage over released HG4 by way of omission of Chinese input methods
    • and probably more i've forgotten... ;)

The update process is simple (but of course, not without danger (hey, I test these things so you don't have to) :P ... if you can't handle the fact your phone could be toasted, get the update done by a service centre! Flash at your own risk!). Simply find a XP machine, install this modem driver (important!), extract and run the update EXE, connect your FULLY CHARGED Omnia and press the reset pin. Hit 'Start' in the application when it becomes available and then sit back and don't touch ANYTHING ;)

Other leaked (non English) ROMs show that Samsung seem to be continuing agressive development of the Omnia, with additions such as new TouchWiz widgets and additional applications (such as Samsung's 'LifeDiary') making an appearance in later ROM versions. It is expected that HH1 will not see a full public release, with Samsung instead choosing a forthcoming version with additional enhancements to make widely available.

P

Kudo to you Paul B) I spent actually only about less than 15 minutes to download this latest flash roughly half hour past midnight (was moving large files to the 300G Seagate FreeAgent external drive to make more room for the critically new make-over Omnia flash files on the laptop's tiny 20G drive that only had about 170M free) after carefully reading through all the advises from you and the SG Samsung mobile software for my black 16G Omnia, which I (am in California US) just bought it for US$770 with a free car charger as a display model (last one btw but never used or touched before) from a local store in Orange County. But now it is after 2am when I finally got it working with the new FW ;) because I am so excited now that I extra carefully proceeded with each setting (automatic step by step setup then manually). BUT wait the bad part was in the past now because it scared me to death when the download window could not find the port many times and it said "error.. download failed" at the end and the phone showed a full green horizontal process bar at its bottom screen, uhm. Then I said to myself "screwed myself up" even I got the DXH3 which has all the new goodies like the not so different DXH4 like most websites showed so why bothered to mess it up now. The ActiveSynce was disconnected so that was why the bootloader could not see the port. I tried to sync again but nothing, again and the same so I thought if the phone is now in the "stuck" mode (nowhere to go back or forth, lol), then the only way to try is to soft reset it while still connecting the USB cable. After an eternal-like moment, a live beep came on :D and the good old green screen came back saying I need to tap the screen. Then it popped out a window error saying the FW was not completed or something similar to that (sorry forgot exactly). Happy then and back to being scared again now, I decided to give it another soft reset and this time it said the FW verification needs to be reset in order to activate or enable it. Hah now it made more sense so I went ahead did that and when it asked me to tap the cursor to align the screen, then I got a very good feeling that it IS going to work fine ;) . Now I got to the alarm and clock setting and it is just the same new way like I saw it somewhere earlier from a website. ABSOLUTELY it is a much better GUI and more confident touch finger wipe action than the DXH3 on it before like in the alarm setting for ring tone select, I could use the finger to wipe up or down easily without loosing it or accidentally select undesired tone, neat, also the heptic feedback is a nice strong short vibe, very confident ;) . Then better things happened when I rotated the phone smoothly and WOW, the screens flipped and twisted and zoomed in and out like I saw it on youtube earlier :wacko: . SO excited now I decided to join you guys and share my opinions (will stay up to try new goodies to see if it is good enough vs HTC Touch Diamond or iPhone 3G). I've spent lots of hours learning it inside out (still forgot how to do something if not using it a lot). I stayed up til 4am last night downloading about 700 good songs, bunch of nice pix and a few videos (laptop only got about 170Mb free :( ). So I found out so far a few fixes: tried a manual LCD display after the second time blackout with the battery removed again (it seemed to work but was not so sure if battery removal was the fix); then the third time happened I tried the soft reset (never tried this before) and it also seemed to work so I changed back to the auto LCD brightness setting and the phone so far never blacked out again :D . Actually this happened once a few days after I got the phone when I was on call.Another bug that was hopefully fixed for good is the common camera loading error "not enough video memory": first time happened I tried to move files (was only a few then) from my video under the main memory to my storage (internal memory) then it seemed to work since then until I created a short cut for Windows home (top left start icon) and opened the camera function under program gave the same error. Removing the short cut then seemed to work (both program and HW push button). Then power cycle the phone and putting back the short cut seemed to work again. Then it happened again tonight but it seemed like end all tasks would take care of it so this bug is a combination of soft and hard controls. But at least the short cut and the HW button still work B) . Okay any other bugs from the old FW, phone log book was too sensitive to finger wipe without accidentally open unwanted contact; same bug for other media apps like Touch Player and WM. Photo slide should be finger wipe on the display screen (not the small < > at the bottom) and should be zoom on the fly like the Media app (really NICE ;) ); and touch or finger wipe feature instead of the frustrating and annoying wimpy scroll bars for people with even small fingers without BIG nails which can be really helpful in place of a stylus, lol, should be throughout all the windows like the accelerometer feature. Anyway I hope Samsung or other third party GUI developers can fix and improve these annoying bugs to give us Omnia users a very satisfying touch GUI experience more than those of HTC Touch Diamond or iPhone.

Oh it is 3:30am now and I got to go to work tomorrow :D but I am gonna try this new exciting FW. Next thing is to integrate that wonderful windows shell from a member here for the sweet animated screen switching on Omnia that is better than HTC or iPhone themes.

Hi Paul, All,

I'm completely newbie. i just bought my omnia 2 days ago at HK.

First the version is I908ZHHH1, then i complain to the seller and they upgrade to i908ZHHH2 yesterday night.

My question, is it safe to upgrade to DXHH1 ?

How to upgrade to DXHH1 ? is it okay to follow the steps on your post below :

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...hings-go-wrong/

I run Win XP SP2, have microsoft active sync 4.5. and already download all files that you mention on that complete guide. Please advice...

Many thanksss

:(

Oh I forgot to tell you that I should have done more homework before buying the Omnia which apparently was an imported phone that I had NO IDEA where it was made for :wacko: . But lucky me when I installed the almost forgotten 1G micro SD that contains the NavAgis map (funny thing was that I thought the NavFone card was a free calling card gift, lol, when opening the box), it asked me which map to enable for using its navigation: Singapore or Malaysia ;) when I am living in California US, lol. Useless piece of SW BUT it turned out to be useful tip for me that this phone was built for Singapore and that was how I found out about the Samsung SW upgrade (DXH4 which is almost the same as the original DXH3 in my Omnia if I am correct) in parallel with Paul's find which is of course a MUCH better one. Because prior to searching at SG Samsung website I thought my Omnia was built for English region but there is no SW update at its website. Anyway I am so far very happy with my Omnia even it gave me a few hangs and blackouts and scary errors (the SW upgrade incident) but as with its sibbling desktop version "famous" MS XP it still hangs or does crazy things once in awhile, lol, so to say the least WM platform is even more buggy and other phones have shown that as well so Samsung did a really good job to cram almost EVERYTHING that I had always dreamed for years before (I used to work for Ericsson Cellular Phone division for two years when its very small and stylish GSM phones were the talk during 1999 before Nokia took over, lol) into this very professional and stylish looking Omnia, which itselft got a lot more looks from also good looking girls than myself who is its owner, lol.

Oh anyone who wants to sell or give me the link to get the iGuidance 4.0? But the 2009 ver is around the corner so there goes another $100 bucks that totals the cost of my Omnia to be fully a portable ALL IN ONE device to $880 (not to mention the leather case and soon to arrive full body clear shield kit).

Sorry for the long posts as the first timer but I said to my co-workers that there are a very few things in your life that you are always close to them than your loved ones: the wallets for men and the cell phones.

Now who wants to buy the good old like-new 4Mp G2 Cannon with extra compact flash cards and remote control with manual; the top of the line (when it was 3 yrs ago, lol) Magellan touch screen navigator with two male and female tone (beat that :D ); a black like new 8G iPod Nano?

Darn so tired and sleepy already but looking forward to be happy Omnia ing with you guys later.

Guest brilliant-green

hi all,

have anyone tested DXHHH3 ?

want to try flash it tonight. yesterday just flash it into official DXHHH1.

is DXHHH3 better than DXHHH1 ?

many thanks.

Guest brilliant-green

hi man,

very stupid question, how to do hard reset ? is it the same hard reset on the menu ?

or i need to do the one Paul said on the guide ? dial *#81230...etc ? ;)

thanks

Guest Shemham Phorash

Well it would seem it wasn't my battery that was stopping the camera working, must have just been a general hardware failure.

I rang orange today and they are shipping a new one tomorrow, going to try and erase all evidence of my firmware tampering.

I've used them all so far and here's what i think. HH1 modded worked fine for me but drained the battery fast, HH1 official, didn't

see any change over the HH1 modded one although it's easier to put the official HH1 on because no messing around with the

region settings, Haven't had a full day with the HH3 phone/Radio but I've been using HH1 modded PDA and HH3 radio all day today and my battery

has been great, (still got 3 bars now since 6 this morn and I've only been getting 1 bar each day when getting from work up until

today. The screen and menus seem a little sluggish though compared to yesterday when i was using HH1 official but that could be

my imagination. Anyway hope any of this helps anyone make there mind up when choosing which firmware to use. ;)

Edited by Shemham Phorash

It's there... you must have blurry eyes from modding your Omnia! ;) - DXHH3 (full update, tested OK!):

...toward the bottom of Paul's first post in ROM download links, naming scheme + 'Incorrect Software Version' fix

Cheers

Found it I must stopping watching my "special" movies as it's starting to make me go blind!! lol

Just a quick question do I have to use the modem driver first then install i900DXHH3.7zip or do I just use the zip file?

Cheers :wacko:

Hi everybody!

I'm from Spain and I bought a Samsung Omnia from Italy which ROM is:

PDA : i900XIHG3

TELF: i900XXHG3

I want to update my phone to english. I have read no information about updating from this version. I have tree questions:

1. May I have problems updating directly to DXHH3? (Or maybe I have to upgrade first to the Portuguese and then to DXHH3 or to DXHH1?)

2. Option "Format device's Internal Large Disk" on "SGH-I900 V1.3 UserDownloader" (DXHH3 upgrading EXE) have to be ticked?

Thanks!

Edited by eRoS08

Guest jeffrey2000

hiya all, i've been in the store in Holland and here it already comes with the latest HH1 ROM preinstalled... I didn't purchase it yet but played with it for a while in the store but it seemed like it doesn't have the businesscard reader program in this ROM... did anyone notice the same in their HH1 ROM?!?

I just hope I just didn't find it yet... or they might have taken it out of the dutch ROM I dunno...

Did anyone notice the same in other translated ROMS for this business card reader program or can someone tell me where to find it and I'll check it out again in the store.

I'm planning to buy the Omnia in the end of the year when my contract ends... or wait for the "HTC Touch HD" which has a even larger 480x800 WVGA screen and also 5 mp cam.... and it also comes in december... dunno yet... hmmm difficult choices for santa...

Edited by jeffrey2000

Hi all,

So many thanks to Paul and others for your valuable time and efforts put into these awesome ROM find and upgrade check out for all of us, obviously new Omnia lovers ;) .

I could not start a new topic so here is what I thought of the DXHH3:

1) (Critical) Battery drain is still worse than the original DHH3 (mine is Singapore ver) but better than DXHH1. Fully charged last night at 4am, 1min auto off, at 9am only 3 bar left ;) . After sparingly called for about 15mins, Google maps for about several mins, web browsing at heavy flash loaded websites for several mins via AT&T Edge in California (has 3G plan but hope Samsung will have a update for US band later), played media (music, pix) for a few mins and turned it on many times (;) , it still showed 2 bars when got home. Wonder why losing 2 bars from fully charged when it was in standby or probably sleep mode for 5 straight hours :D ?

2) (Non critical) Like others said: a faster (no more a full 2 or 3 sec spinning screen like crazy before stay still) and noticablely smoother.

3) (Critical) Qwerty Samsung kb is MUCH better than the previous two ROMs, very precise to the light touch even the finger contact is not exactly on the center and it is in PORTRAIT display (worst case for kb. T9 is very VERY helpful with the word selection. I might type a bit slow but with this forgiving touch kb and T9 combo, I probably beat an average text messenger who does not use T9 with either a hard or best touch screen kb.

4) (Critical) Similar to 3) but applies to ALL little functional touch icons ==> one touch only ;) , especially those lie right next to the screen border such as the text input icon and its triangle option (this particualr one is not easy at all to open, at least a few times carefully aiming at it squarely) at the bottom center (why they have to be that small when there is plenty of unused space around them :wacko: ). Also the scroll bar SHOULD be BIGGER! why because nobody would care about what is missing in that much needed 1 or 2mm more width for the scroll bar.

5) (Somewhat critical) all files in any apps window should have an option to save/delete instead of having the apps still open by the nature of WM and can not delete it from WE wo force close the apps. Also the finger swiping or scolling files in any apps should be indexed search like the phone log or the new programs find (>DXHH1) and left in the previous position instead of starting all the way back to the A letter (very annoying if search thru a big file). The Samsung widget should have a "lock" shortcuts so they won't move around or stay off the screen (if someone don't want that) when touching them to open.

6) Personal suggestion: have a half page flip digital clock like HTC Touch Diamond ad picture in Samsung widget. A on the fly soft or hard button to change the widgets manually or auto random ;) . And the last but not the least critical (up from inconvenient level) is the VERY annoying "push the optical mouse button" only after first few seconds into a phone call and then EVERY THREE or FOUR seconds to be able to access phone options :( . Whoever came up with this stupid idea should be punished.

Other than those, nothing wrong or strange happened so far running DXHH3 with the Fm radio and most of the usual apps except today while playing music via Touch Player then stopped it and made a phone call then several mins later, the song could not be played with an error "corrupted or missing file", even more scared when could not find it under WE and all the media files (a few Gb) were missing under WE. So I power cycle it and they came back unharmed :P but that was strange.

Not tried yet with this ROM: hand writing recognition.

So I am very happy with the Omnia and start asking you what other things like good apps, SW and accessories for yours. I just lost the little sticky round rubber on the bottom side to protect the camera when lying it down flat. I got the standard horizontal leather case and am going to get the full body clear shield kit, or possibly a clear flap top case that has a stylus storage.

Admins: you can start a new thread for good apps like navigation (I am leaning toward iGuidance 2009 in Oct for $99 new customer in US), animated screensavers/themes/widgets with or wo using the accelerometer (SPB mobile shell still not working for me because of missing the app itself which is not free) games (particularly make good use of the accelerometer like the cool HTC Touch Diamond metal ball maze built in game, or the iPhone and iTouch), and custom accesories. Paul already impressed us with his own SW gallery for free, thanks alot again man ;) .

Now I can go to bed early tonight at 1am, hihi.

I have Omnia and the DXHH3 , but even for the previous version, I had a problem with the Mobile clock.

Every time I make a soft reset, the clock advances 1 hour. I am sure am missing someting in the setting . Can some one advise ?

I am in Cairo, and I set the time to GMT+2

Thanks

Guys I've upgraded to HH1 firmware, using the same link Paul posted in the beginning of the thread (official, leaked firm). Having major battery issues now - it drains very fast.

I googled it and many others reporting same problem with HH1 firm. Some went back to G4. Is there anything that can be done about this? Any useful advice is appreciated.

Also, if anyone knows about some new cooked ROM from xda-developers etc which unlocks the UMTS 850/1900 frequencies for 3G use in USA - please post a link.

Guest CashMonkey
I have Omnia and the DXHH3 , but even for the previous version, I had a problem with the Mobile clock.

Every time I make a soft reset, the clock advances 1 hour. I am sure am missing someting in the setting . Can some one advise ?

I am in Cairo, and I set the time to GMT+2

Thanks

Hi there - no solution for your clock issue sorry (other than thinking it sounds like a daylight savings issue?)....how do you find the battery drain on this HH3 Rom? Seems most people are keen to hear stories about the battery as it seems to be affected quite a lot by someof these ROM's. I'm running G4 and the battery is great...but I'm desparate for some of the other fixes people are talking about....cheers

Hi there - no solution for your clock issue sorry (other than thinking it sounds like a daylight savings issue?)....how do you find the battery drain on this HH3 Rom? Seems most people are keen to hear stories about the battery as it seems to be affected quite a lot by someof these ROM's. I'm running G4 and the battery is great...but I'm desparate for some of the other fixes people are talking about....cheers

battery drain are almost the same in my opinion either in HH1 or HH3 but a bit better in G4, all I can compare to is my ex-HTC TyTn1 .

Its battery was better , doing the same jobs in both mobiles.

I guess it is because of the big, higher resolution screen of the Omnia.

Edited by M Seif

Guest bytekeeper

Hey guys,

can anyone else apart Quang confirm poor battery behavior

with DHH3/DXHH1 ROMs? Everyone promised to do some testing

but no one posted the results yet.

I've stuck with XXHG5 on mine and the battery seems perfect

but performance is somewhat terrible. Can't decide whether I

need an upgrade or not.

Guest alfredtv

I need help I have a semi functioning phone it boots and i can get to everything but the phone cell will not kick on. I can get bluetooth and wifi up no problem but the phone will not come on. Can someone please help

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.