The official Glofiish X610 / V900 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest CNA51083
Ooops, been pretty busy lately and forgot to check back here!

Yeah, still testing the device, and still in two minds about a few things. The TV functions on the device are good, but I'm not really finding myself using them; probably because I just don't really WATCH TV anymore... :lol: The GPS feature I use FAR more, and getting a lock from a cold start within 30 seconds is a total dream compared to the 3-5 minutes I have to wait on my Kaiser.

There's still a few oddities with the device which are a bit annoying, but they will hopefully be fixed in a ROM update before long... Still, it's a far comfier fit in my pocket than the Kaiser. I think I'm cured of devices with hardware keyboards, they just make them too bulky!

any news about the release of the v900 in europe ?

Guest FutureDirt
Do you like in the UK? If you do, I quickly look up where HD transmissions are given from in London (it's named some "castle" or something like that).

Elephant and Castle?

• 1 month later...
Guest CNA51083

middle of december i got the v900

the device is delivered WITHOUT :

- fm tuner

- fm transmitter

anyway it is possible to find them

and to make working out the tv tuner is not a joke

maybe in big cities but in the countryside i did not find any channel

but it is a very nice device

Guest FloatingFatMan
middle of december i got the v900

the device is delivered WITHOUT :

- fm tuner

- fm transmitter

anyway it is possible to find them

and to make working out the tv tuner is not a joke

maybe in big cities but in the countryside i did not find any channel

but it is a very nice device

I'm not sure why the FM Receiver software isn't included, but I do know that FM Transmitters are illegal in France, hence why the software for that isn't included.

As for the TV, as I've said in earlier posts; the V900 has the same problem as ALL mobile TV receivers; limited power for the receiver and a small antenna. There's really no solution to it. If you want a signal, you will have to be within range of a transmitter. As to what that range IS, I honestly don't know; but it's less than a home based antenna and receiver setup. This isn't the fault of Acer/Eten, it's simple physics...

• 1 year later...
Guest rammy121

quick question, do you know if a dx900 can be upgraded to wm6.5? they're available £210 new from a reputable source on-line.

thanks...

rammy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.