Secany's ROM research thread... NEW: DXIA2

Guest secany

Guest saintxseiya
There is German rom XGHG1 to 5 for hardware REV 0.6 ! Lastest XGH rom all branded. Of course, downgrade from rom for HW REV 1.0 to HW REV 0.6 might (or might not, I'm not sure) cause seriously problem. The only way is try XGHI1 and non branded XGHG1 csc. Still waiting for someone dare to try ;)

But as Paul mentioned HG1 should be a LOT older than the HH1 one provided now or not? And how do i get my Hardware REV ?

Edited by saintxseiya

Flashed to H3 this morning, camera out of memory error has returned. Getting the error even though I have 52MB ram free.

Edit: OK, strange stuff happening. I just got the error message trying to start the camera from the main menu button, exited and tried the camera button and it worked, tried the main menu button again and it works as well. No soft reset or closing apps. Strange.

Edited by efjay

Guest malikms
Flashed to H3 this morning, camera out of memory error has returned. Getting the error even though I have 52MB ram free.

Edit: OK, strange stuff happening. I just got the error message trying to start the camera from the main menu button, exited and tried the camera button and it worked, tried the main menu button again and it works as well. No soft reset or closing apps. Strange.

isn't that supposed to be great news for H3, whenever we encountered low memory for camera, we don't ever need to soft reset. ;)

Guest robertoaitor
BTW, can anyone please confirm there is offical non-branded/generic i900 in Spain / Germany?

Secany in spain if there is rom official, there are already people who are in Spanish, not if you referia to this, I currently have only in English but I would like to bring it into Spanish.

How can I get the rom in Spanish? Thanks

I feel the translation is of google, I hope that I can understand

a greeting

Roberto

there is a way! an exe is an all-in-one image, contains .nb0 + phone + pda + csc and combie with a downloader (GrandPix exe for XP - there is also a GrandPix exe for Vista too).

I used to flash without selecting csc and ended up with a i900 logo, that time I do a cross flashing from i900XX to i900XG German, I think if we flash in same region firmware (XX to XX / DX to DX / etc....) then the csc is not neccessry. As I don't have my i900 with me now, somebody please do a test and post result. Thanks a lot.

Good day Secany,

Are you in a position to confirm or speculate that there is indeed a way to flash the Omnia using the bootoader through hardware keys and images on the SD card? If this becomes a reality, it would eliminate all the problems related with the current method (XP vs Vista, Active Sync, Modem drivers, etc.)

Also, what do you think of this free memory mystery (to me anyway) that increases if you flash twice the exact same image? I tend to think it is a pointer problem, and that in reality there is not any more memory available. I have not tried this myself, as I am nowhere near a Samsung service center if anything goes wrong. I guess it comes down to what the flashing process does specifically, and it seems that you have a good deal of knowledge about this.

Thank you,

Frank

Battery reports please people with h3/h3?

Seems similar to H1, ie: not as good as previous roms. Flashed this morning, unplugged from pc around 6:50AM, installed apps and tweaks, used A2DP for about an hour, setup and checked mail, played with camera a little, now down to 50%. Taking into account I have had the screen on while doing most of these activities not sure if this is good or bad performance.

There is a special firmware branded to SUNRISE which contains Italian, German, French and English, after flash there is a Language setting in System, phone will auto flash from a selected .MLI files, allow you to select a specify language, if you want to change to another language, you have to repeat the steps agian.

Oh this one SUNRISE is quite interesting for Switzerland were we use all these languages, as SUNRISE is a Swiss provider... would you mind to share that one to us?

Thanks

Cheers

XzaniX

Guest cidriver

To many Spanish request, me one of all of them. You WWE is downloading now, waiting to finish and after that, taste it.

How about to Vista?

Thank you in the name of all of the poster, tester, good job.

Guest cidriver
To many Spanish request, me one of all of them. You WWE is downloading now, waiting to finish and after that, taste it.

How about to Vista?

Thank you in the name of all of the poster, tester, good job.

Some problems, I try it first with XP PC, I followed the instruction and just one time a can see the start, when I pressed said to me format devices is to long or something like that.

Then I tried with my laptop Vista system and nothings happen, what step I can can missed or did wrong?

Thank you for your help, I tryed many, many times.

Guest needacloud

For me it seems that battery performance improved a bit. loaded until 5:30 in the morning. used mp3 streaming through bluetooth for about 2 hours, wrote some sms, did some phonecalls, took some pictures with gps on. Battery is now on 70 %. it seems that this rom is slightly better then h1. no error messages or hanging applications so far. it seems still to be a bit more responsive then the old rom.

oh yes... request for german rom ;)

Need also the german rom ;) Thank you very much :-)

By the way, does anyone see that whenever the phone changes the net from "3G" to "EDGE" or "GSM" the phone goes out of standby? Very annoying problem...can I turn off 3G in the settings anywhere? I didn't find yet an option for this...

I strongly recommend doing a hard reset AFTER flashing.

Battery so far so good here!

P

Does it matter when you do the HR, seeing as I have been using the phone all day? Or flash again and HR after that?

I strongly recommend doing a hard reset AFTER flashing.

Battery so far so good here!

P

I do not know what you encountered, but could it be that flashing does not clean up everything, and that a Hard Reset does ?

Edit:Put another way: Could some 'scratch pad' area not be completely reset by flashing, but initiating a Hard Reset would appear to clear that particular area ?

I would be curious to see if the 'increased memory' still occurs if you FLASH-HARD RESET-FLASH-HARD RESET ?

Edited by msjfb

Guest smartieroadie
I do not know what you encountered, but could it be that flashing does not clean up everything, and that a Hard Reset does ?

I would be curious to see if the 'increased memory' still occurs if you FLASH-HARD RESET-FLASH-HARD RESET ?

Daft first question but are the DX firmwares fine on UK i900's? I have gone from XXHG5 to DXHH1 and it seems quicker but not sure if the 3G performance on the web browser is as good.

Gonna try H3 later after I've charged it. Anyone know if they can get the XX version of the H3 firmware in the same XP package?

Guest shaunydub
Daft first question but are the DX firmwares fine on UK i900's? I have gone from XXHG5 to DXHH1 and it seems quicker but not sure if the 3G performance on the web browser is as good.

Gonna try H3 later after I've charged it. Anyone know if they can get the XX version of the H3 firmware in the same XP package?

I just got Omnia in UK on o2 and it is XXhg5 version....looking to upgrade but want to make sure it is ok.

Anyone tried this with an o2 phone?

Also I am using Vista - will it work or is it XP only?

Thanks

Has anyone had problems with the XP 1.60 Updater combined with the I908ZHH2 Rom?

It doesn't even flash the eboot Rom (this usually only takes a few seconds), it just recognizes the phones and hangs. No error message.

I looked in the device drivers and it seems that I the Samsung MIT USB driver is from 2004. In the past I say 2005, but this may have only been when it flashes the phone.

Using Grandprix 1.82 XP I can updated the Radio so I now have I908ZNHH2 PDA and I900XXHH3 Phone.

It may just be a matter of finding the the other Bin parts and using GrandPrix 1.82? I do noticed that when I plug the phone in it says "I908" briefly before installing the Samsung MIT while it said "I900" before, IT may be that it thinks that the newer modem drivers don't work with I908?

My phone is an I900.

Thanks!