mobiman2008

Introducing... the HTC Touch HD

Mamadou    0

Any idea on TomTom and HTC Touch HD?

Which TomTom is shipped with it, of any, 6 or 7?

Can Tomtom Navigator 6 be installed... etc...

Cheers,

blewer    0
Any idea on TomTom and HTC Touch HD?

Which TomTom is shipped with it, of any, 6 or 7?

Can Tomtom Navigator 6 be installed... etc...

Cheers,

No sat nav software shipped with handset but TomTom 6 seems to work fine along with igo 8.

I have read that some people have had issues with TT6 so I guess some versions work and some don't.

EDIT: I forgot to add - igo doesn't use the full screen but TT does

Edited by blewer

Monolithix    0

Think I've fallen for the HD without realising it. Roll on next month and it will almost certainly be my next device :/

Those photos above are incredible (baring in mind its a HTC device!). Roll on December B)

blewer    0
Think I've fallen for the HD without realising it. Roll on next month and it will almost certainly be my next device :/

Those photos above are incredible (baring in mind its a HTC device!). Roll on December B)

Ha Mono - both of us were saying in a previous topic that we would go for an X1 as our next device.

I must say the HD is a great device - I'm glad I changed my mind

Monolithix    0

Heh yep, having used the x1 for a week or so now i'm a little underwhelmed unfortunately! That's not to say the x1 is a poor device, just not what i thought i wanted i guess!

I keep thinking back to the diamond I had in the summer, and how much i really liked the form factor! hopefully the HD will live up to its predecessor B)

D8LOM    3

Guys,

Anyone know when this will be released on T-Mobile? B)

ebyss    0
The HD and Pro are available now on Expansys at hugely discounted prices with an "any flavour you like" contract from the major players.

Imagine, an HD on T-Mobile for £99! A Touch Pro on T for £125...

What I don't understand (and nor do T-Mobile because I've asked them...) is how can the likes of Expansys offer these devices with a contract when the operators can't / won't release the device on their network? I mean, doesn't the operator subsidise the cost of the device in these circumstances? So why would the likes of T subsidise a device it hasn't released?

I've had lengthy conversations with various departments at T-Mobile and they're at a loss as to how "they" can subsidise a generic device sold with a T contract, but they do.

:)

I've read a lot of bad press about Expansys - has anyone ever bought a phone, ideally an HTC Touch HD from them?

pd.ryder    1

Can someone confirm for me whether or not the HD has internet sharing via BlueTooth - I tend to use my current Hermes as a wifi access point when out and about with my lappy.

Also, all my music was ripped by iTunes as AAC files - will the HD see these tracks "as is" or will it need a 3rd party music player. The only reason I ask is because its specs state support for AAC and AAC+ ringtones so I'm hopeful it might just play the tracks I've got without any faff.

Decision time now -- do I buy the HD from Mobile Phones Direct... or wait for the T-Mobile'd version, should they ever get round to it?

pd.ryder    1

Ah hell -- just ordered one from them B)

Hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday morning...

siksik6    0
Ah hell -- just ordered one from them :(

Hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday morning...

Good man B)

trawling Ebay as we speak!

nuttyphilt    0
Can someone confirm for me whether or not the HD has internet sharing via BlueTooth - I tend to use my current Hermes as a wifi access point when out and about with my lappy.

Yes, it does, it has the Internet Sharing application.

pd.ryder    1
Yes, it does, it has the Internet Sharing application.

Thanks for that B)

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2016. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.