• Announcements

• PaulOBrien

Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • PaulOBrien

Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
mobiman2008

Introducing... the HTC Touch HD

265 posts in this topic

I almost forgot it comes with a 5.0 mega pixels camera with no flash ;)

Thanks for the deets!

A few more Q's if that's OK...

- No DPAD at all? Scroll wheel?

- microSD slot?

- How big is the battery (mAh)?

- Other hardware buttons on the side?

- You like? ;)

Added sizeasy comparison to first post.

P

I would guess 3.2"?

P

I think that if the device specs are same as the Iphone 3G's, then if you compare the two devices, the HTC Touch HD might have a 3,5" display  ;)

Edited by ChesterZZ

If mobiman2008 is right, then the Diamond is already outdated!!

I feel sad...my TP is looking a bit "meh" too.

Edited by Syphon Filter

Mobiman2008 is the original poster of the pics, so i'm inclined to believe him... ;)

P

Thanks for the deets!

A few more Q's if that's OK...

- No DPAD at all? Scroll wheel?

- microSD slot?

- How big is the battery (mAh)?

- Other hardware buttons on the side?

- You like? :wacko:

Added sizeasy comparison to first post.

P

- No DPAD at all? Scroll wheel? Well the screen is so smooth to scroll on, I don't think there's a need for DPAD. or scroll wheels

It does come with a stylus ;)

- MicroSD slot? Yes it does come with MicroSD slot.

- How big is the battery (mAh)? 1350mAH battery. I think they could have done a little better with the battery though.

- Other hardware buttons on the side? Only volume button on the left side and 3.5mm headset jack on the top.

- You like? Damn! I'm loving this baby. Will post more pics later on :(

3.5mm headphone jack, hurrah! ;)

P

- No DPAD at all? Scroll wheel? Well the screen is so smooth to scroll on, I don't think there's a need for DPAD. or scroll wheels

It does come with a stylus ;)

- MicroSD slot? Yes it does come with MicroSD slot.

- How big is the battery (mAh)? 1350mAH battery. I think they could have done a little better with the battery though.

- Other hardware buttons on the side? Only volume button on the left side and 3.5mm headset jack on the top.

- You like? Damn! I'm loving this baby. Will post more pics later on :(

Can i borrow it? :wacko:

I presume you work for HTC or one of their partners?

Son. Of. A. *****.

I want this!

Can i borrow it? ;)

I presume you work for HTC or one of their partners?

Well I can loan you one.... :wacko:

Resistive touch screen or capacitive?

Gotta be resistive if it has a stylus...

P

Group Trip to see mobiman then!

Group Trip to see mobiman then!

count me in!, could do with a holiday anyway

P

Yeah I realised that just as I hit the subit button! So not multitouch then either...

I wish HTC would roadmap their devices better. I would definitely have got one of these over my Touch Pro had I known about it. It's one thing to have a release cycle, it's another to pull one over on your customers!!

P

Definitely resistive

That said, the Touch Pro and the Touch HD (or whatever it becomes known as) are pretty different devices...

P

:wacko:

*wonders what else Mobiman has*

;)

P

Hey mobiman,

great device, I must admit I'm a bit jealous. Don't want to stop you from posting pics, but I'm just wondering if it was HTC's intention that these pictures appear on the net?

Otherwise, I guess the damage you're causing for the company is immense. I cannot imagine many people will buy the diamond (or even pro) if they know about this puppy? I guess the guys at HTC must be shocked right now... I mean these are not some blurry pics (as the usual spy shots) without any specs, this is pretty much the full deal.

Sorry for being so lame, just my thoughts...

Edited by Nightflyer

Which 3G bands? Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE I assume?

ofc, if it has the US 3G bands our american readers will probably explode... ;)

P

Hey mobiman,

great device, I must admit I'm a bit jealous. Don't want to stop you from posting pics, but I'm just wondering if it was HTC's intention that these pictures appear on the net?

Otherwise, I guess the damage you're causing for the company is immense. I cannot imagine many people will buy the diamond (or even pro) if they know about this puppy?

Well I guess its going to be leaked sometime or the other, so this is what life is all about, people wanting to know more

mobiman.... any chance you could do a quick video of the UI in action?

There has to be some 'catch' with the HD to stop it stomping all over the Diamond, surely?

P

No "catch" I'd say. I'll bet it has the exact specs probably even more. I don't think they'll compete because of size. The TD is uber small. This, not so much. I was all set on getting a TD and then I saw this. You might naturally think this would be a slam dunk but I'm still considering getting the TD due to size. I've been spoiled by my original Touch. I am from the U.S. so quad band on this all around would be stellar!

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2016. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.