games for the Omnia i900.

Guest loquillo

Guest speleomaniac
dear forum users, I'm new here, and I have a problem with HTCEmu.zip (for the htc games), I read that it had to be placed in the windows directory,

so I put the zipfile in the windows directory, because I couldnt copy the innerfiles with my phone, and if I unzip it with mij computer and copy it in the windows directory file in my phone it doesnt show it. dont know why.

can anybody help me please?

thanks in advance! ;)

In file explorer select "Menu->Show All Files". Or you can't see system and .dll files.

Guest John78uk

Any joy with the VR Screen as per the Diamond Touch?

You said you'd have a look and wondered if this is likely to be available or a pipe dream??

Cheers

Guest speleomaniac
Any joy with the VR Screen as per the Diamond Touch?

You said you'd have a look and wondered if this is likely to be available or a pipe dream??

Cheers

ah yes here is it. install the original cab from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425216.

get the source code and recompile it by changing all occurences of "Pool.Managed" to "Pool.SystemMemory" or it won't work. if you are too lazy, or you don't have a development environment installed, attached is the compiled binary. copy the attached file over the original one installed by the cab installer.

i updated HTCEmu dll's. HTCSensorSDK now supports orientation changes (untested).

i also changed the emulation of the HTC wheel in HTCAPI, you can emulate it now by making circles on the touchscreen, not by the optical joystick anymore. But this only works if you start the circle somewhere on the bottom part of the screen. try it with the holo-app. should work. it's more precise with a stylus, but finger also does the job..

Diamond_Hologram_MD3DM.zip

HTCEmu_v0.3.zip

Guest us1111
ah yes here is it. install the original cab from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425216.

get the source code and recompile it by changing all occurences of "Pool.Managed" to "Pool.SystemMemory" or it won't work. if you are too lazy, or you don't have a development environment installed, attached is the compiled binary. copy the attached file over the original one installed by the cab installer.

i updated HTCEmu dll's. HTCSensorSDK now supports orientation changes (untested).

i also changed the emulation of the HTC wheel in HTCAPI, you can emulate it now by making circles on the touchscreen, not by the optical joystick anymore. But this only works if you start the circle somewhere on the bottom part of the screen. try it with the holo-app. should work. it's more precise with a stylus, but finger also does the job..

Hi.. Am i correct that the following must be done to test with holo-app?:

1. Unzip dll's into /windows

2. Run Diamond Holodeck.exe

If so, it doesn't work for me..

Unexpected error "Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" or one of it's dependencies was not found.

Guest pp56825

speleomaniac it's a great library, i'm wonder what should be done to make Sensor Lock application working? currently i have error while instalation "failed to disable SensorLock" acn you check it if you find any free time ;)

Guest Matulek

Hey Hologram works great. But one minus: it is not as smoothly as on HTC Diamond.

edit:

sorry. i found that in settings;)

Edited by Matulek

Guest speleomaniac
speleomaniac it's a great library, i'm wonder what should be done to make Sensor Lock application working? currently i have error while instalation "failed to disable SensorLock" acn you check it if you find any free time ;)

sensorlock seems to be built for THUMB, not ARM. Maybe Omnia can't switch to THUMB mode.. nothing i can do :wacko:

Dump of file sensorlock.exe

PE signature found

File Type: EXECUTABLE IMAGE

FILE HEADER VALUES

1C2 machine (Thumb)

5 number of sections

48E361EA time date stamp Wed Oct 01 14:41:30 2008

Edit: THUMB code runs on omnia. don't know why this one doesn't..

Edited by speleomaniac

Guest The_Jag

Speleomaniac I have read that Koush has updated his HTCSensor SDK to implement Omnia also, so I was thinking if the HTCemu is still required.

I'm getting a bit confused abuot this.

Keep it up the good work!!!

Guest speleomaniac
Speleomaniac I have read that Koush has updated his HTCSensor SDK to implement Omnia also, so I was thinking if the HTCemu is still required.

I'm getting a bit confused abuot this.

Keep it up the good work!!!

it isn't required if the developer compiles his code with Koush's new .NET sensor library. (supports only tilt sensor)

but if you want to use apps written originally for HTC devices, your only choice seems to be using the HTCEmu dll's.

Guest PaSSoA

Once again, great work speleomaniac, will test it out later.

edit: works great, but as with the other apps, like lightsaber or beer, there's a little bit of flicker. But I think it's due to the resolution or something, and it no biggie ;)

edit2: @speleomaniac, tried your new "metal" ball game, but it can't exit. Pressed the action button and it restarted the game, end key also did close it. Am I missing something?

Edited by PaSSoA

Guest speleomaniac
edit2: @speleomaniac, tried your new "metal" ball game, but it can't exit. Pressed the action button and it restarted the game, end key also did close it. Am I missing something?

tap the screen to exit. does this work?

Guest Skating_vince

Hi Speleomaniac. How is the Teeter game coming along for the Omnia? Hopefully you can get the graphics fixed! You made a good start by getting it to work with the omnia AcceleroMeter. Do you think you can get the graphics to work OK aswell? Thnx from Holland!

Guest PaSSoA
tap the screen to exit. does this work?

Hmmm... that's strange, was not working earlier, nothing was responding but after the reset it works fine, oh well....

Anyway I attached the source code of the hologram from xda-dev here, could you maybe have a look and see if you can add a zoom function if it's not that difficult. Right now it uses the Diamond's rotating navsensor, maybe you can hook it to the volume buttons to zoom. Also, it's still using Gsensor.dll, so I'm not sure if you add the new one Koush came up with.

Also for those who liked DiamondBeer, I adjusted the images to fit the Omnia, just copy the .exe to the installation folder in your device, the screen still flickers but I suspect that's just the way the program draws the images on our WQVGA...

Diamond_Hologram_MD3DM_v2.02_Source.zip

DiamondBeer2.zip

Guest speleomaniac
Anyway I attached the source code of the hologram from xda-dev here, could you maybe have a look and see if you can add a zoom function if it's not that difficult. Right now it uses the Diamond's rotating navsensor, maybe you can hook it to the volume buttons to zoom. Also, it's still using Gsensor.dll, so I'm not sure if you add the new one Koush came up with.

the zoom function is already working with the latest HTCEmu dll's.

draw circles on the lower part of the screen (clockwise & counterclockwise) to emulate the nav sensor, which does the zoomin/out job.

Guest us1111
Hmmm... that's strange, was not working earlier, nothing was responding but after the reset it works fine, oh well....

Also for those who liked DiamondBeer, I adjusted the images to fit the Omnia, just copy the .exe to the installation folder in your device, the screen still flickers but I suspect that's just the way the program draws the images on our WQVGA...

Couldn't be possible to use the optical pad as an simulation of the Diamond's navsensor? If it's set into mouse mode (temporarily) it should be possible to detect directions and also an round gesture?

Guest speleomaniac
Couldn't be possible to use the optical pad as an simulation of the Diamond's navsensor? If it's set into mouse mode (temporarily) it should be possible to detect directions and also an round gesture?

i'll do that once i figure out how to get data from the optical sensor...

Guest loquillo

after 11 days of trip and without having news about the present time of the omnia I returned for here and it puts me very happy that advanced that they are. and applications of the diamond finally work in the omnia, but the truth that not you for that it will be that ami doesn't work me so well. the sensors are as to the you review. does way exist of being able to configure them well?