how to put music on the HTC diamond?

Guest jimbles90

Guest jimbles90

i wanna put my own music on the diamond.

I tried putting them where the preset 2 tracks were in the MUSIC folder, but nope, it said driver full after a few songs put on or somthing.

I then went into internal memory, then made a MUSIC file there and put all my music in there to see if that woud work.... but nope!

so how do i do it?

Guest Neil5459
i wanna put my own music on the diamond.

I tried putting them where the preset 2 tracks were in the MUSIC folder, but nope, it said driver full after a few songs put on or somthing.

I then went into internal memory, then made a MUSIC file there and put all my music in there to see if that woud work.... but nope!

so how do i do it?

Your 2nd route, of putting music into a Music folder in Internal Storage ought to work- that's how I have mine.

What format is your music in? MP3, WMA or some other type?

If its one of the natively supported types it might be worth opening Media Player (either from the Start Menu, or in Start/Programs) and finding the 'Update Library' option within the menus. It may be that the system is only indexing the main memory, so you need to do a library scan to find your new folder. Also, remember to delete the files you put in main memory, or you'll soon run very low on resources ;)

And this maybe pointing out the obvious but it still catches me out now and again. If you have the Diamond connected to your PC as a Disk Drive rather than activsync and you try to look at your intenal storage (thru the phone) while still connected to the PC, it wont see anything.

Guest Neil5459
sorted thanks neil!

now this brings me onto my next question! (sorry for being a pain in the arse!)

album art? you'll know i mean i think ;)

The album art needs to be in the sub folder of the music tracks for each album. Sometimes it deson't copy across autiomatically, and you may need to ensure it is there by looking with File Explorer (and make sure Menu/Show All Files is selected in FE!)

Guest pdiamond

I apologize in advance -- I am a total noob to WinMo and the Diamond is my first phone that runs it. All I want to do (at least so far) is get some music on there. I see the information in this thread saying to just make the music folder in internal storage -- but how do I access that?

When I connect the device via USB, I get an external hard drive under 'my computer' and when I go to the external hard drive, I can't seem to find the right place to access 'Internal Storage'

I also cannot get WMP to sync with the device, though I'd prefer to just avoid that method anyhow.

Thanks so much for this basic help.

Guest Neil5459
I apologize in advance -- I am a total noob to WinMo and the Diamond is my first phone that runs it. All I want to do (at least so far) is get some music on there. I see the information in this thread saying to just make the music folder in internal storage -- but how do I access that?

When I connect the device via USB, I get an external hard drive under 'my computer' and when I go to the external hard drive, I can't seem to find the right place to access 'Internal Storage'

I also cannot get WMP to sync with the device, though I'd prefer to just avoid that method anyhow.

Thanks so much for this basic help.

Which PC O/S are you using? Did you install the relevant Sync program first- for XP use ActiveSync and for Vista use Windows Mobile Device Centre. Both are on the CD that comes with the Diamond. These programs install the correct drivers for Syncing, and also for using the 4GB Internal Storage as a USB drive. When you plug the USB cable in, you should see a screen asking whether to connect using ActiveSync or as a Disk Drive.

In reality, yuo are probably better connecting as a Disc Drive anyway because file tranfers are quicker, and by what you say, you are probably already connecting that way.

If your PC sees the Internal Storage as a Disk Drive, it won't be called 'Internal Storage' as thats just the name WinMon gives it; the PC will see it as 'Removable Disk ?:' , the ? being whichever drive letter it assigns. You may already see some folders on there- My Documents, or Program Files. To add music, simply create a folder called Music, then either manually copy your music folders across from the PC, or open up Media Player and setup a Sync partnership.

To sync with WMP (I think it must be V10 or 11) open WMP, then click the Sync button. It should detect the attached drive, ask if you want to connect, and show it in a pane to the right of the main screen. You can then just drag any content to the Sync pane, and click Sync to get the files across.

To modify the Sync settings in WMP, click the down arrow under the Sync button in the menu bar, find the entry for the drive, and expand it from where you can use standard or advanced settings to determine quality of compression etc. Once done, disconnect the Diamond from the PC- while it's attached in Disk Drive mode, the phone itself can't 'see' the Internal Storage.

Now on the Diamond, open Windows Media and go Menu/Library (if you are not already on the Library screen) then Menu/Update Library. This will search you device for all music content. When finished you can select what you want to play- you may need to tap the small Down Arrow on the left command bar to access the Internal Storage.

Once the library is configured, the TouchFlo3D Music player should be able to find it ;)