T-Mobile MDA Vario IV release date?

Guest vii_voo

Guest bsmile000
Does anyone know what the release date of the MDA Vario IV will be?

I should be getting mine the coming week, according to a letter they sent me last week. I let you know when it really has arrived.

Guest Mitul Parmar
I should be getting mine the coming week, according to a letter they sent me last week. I let you know when it really has arrived.

FWIW Just spoke to T-mobile yesterday and was told the release date has been pushed back to 1st December.

FWIW Just spoke to T-mobile yesterday and was told the release date has been pushed back to 1st December.

hey ho. I'm gutted. I've thought this was going to be my next handset for months but i guess it's all over.,... I'd buy one from expansys but if the mobile operators are delaying the launch i'm worried that it is because there are problems with the way the handset works

Looks like I'll be either looking at the X1, just settling for the Omnia... or crossing my fingers and taking the plunge with the GooglePhone!

I spoke to T-Mobile yesterday and once I got hold of someone who knew something, I was told they were now expecting first week of November.

Surprises me that Vodafone already have it out if there are so many problems for T-Mobile!?

Guest psionandy
I spoke to T-Mobile yesterday and once I got hold of someone who knew something, I was told they were now expecting first week of November.

Surprises me that Vodafone already have it out if there are so many problems for T-Mobile!?

T-mobile got the diamond after the others...

the Omnia after the others

the Kaiser after the others....

spot the pattern

rumour has it they're trying to shift as many as their old Vario 3's as possible before they release the Vario 4

rumour has it they're trying to shift as many as their old Vario 3's as possible before they release the Vario 4

well I hope they shift them soon...

I ran retentions today and asked if they had a release because I was looking at vodafone. They said they did not have any plans to release the phone at this time (although i asked about the "Touch pro" instead of the "Vario IV")

Its really frustrating that its so freely available in Germany and other EU countries but they seem to drag their heals here.

yea it is abit of a joke, at this rate I'll be getting the X1 (on another network as apparently t-mob wont be carrying it).

Although i am starting to think they might be delaying it on purpose hoping people will just go for the G1 as that's stated for a nov release too. Or maybe thats just the cynic in me ;)

• 3 weeks later...

got told today that the tmob shops arent getting any vario IV's till they've sold all their vario 3's

Guest chrisms_cotland
yea it is abit of a joke, at this rate I'll be getting the X1 (on another network as apparently t-mob wont be carrying it).

Although i am starting to think they might be delaying it on purpose hoping people will just go for the G1 as that's stated for a nov release too. Or maybe thats just the cynic in me :lol:

I wondered about that but I hear the G1 is slated for Feb 2009 in Europe now.

Guest thelondonthing
I wondered about that but I hear the G1 is slated for Feb 2009 in Europe now.

The G1 is due to launch on T-Mobile UK on 30 October, from free on Flext 40.

Guest chrisms_cotland
The G1 is due to launch on T-Mobile UK on 30 October, from free on Flext 40.

Really??? Might grab one then instead of hanging around waiting for Orange to sort their Blackberry's I thought it was going to be 2009 for the whole of Europe.

Guest chrisms_cotland
The Vario IV delay is beyond ridiculous...

P

I had all but decided in July that I was going to upgrade my T-Mobile contract for a Vario IV as I had a Vario and was very impressed with it, but then it just never came so I got an iPhone.

My Orange contract is almost up and again I'm looking at the V4 but its taking far too long......................

Guest penguin

The delay is way too much of a joke, no one is going to get the Vario 3 knowing the 4 is due out anytime soon.

I've pretty much given up on the Vario 4 & t-mob due to these delays & will be more than likely getting the X1 once it finally comes out (another joke in itself). Mr T-mob might get lucky & keep me as a customer as i may end up going sim free but that depends on the contract costs..

Guest chrisms_cotland
The delay is way too much of a joke, no one is going to get the Vario 3 knowing the 4 is due out anytime soon.

I've pretty much given up on the Vario 4 & t-mob due to these delays & will be more than likely getting the X1 once it finally comes out (another joke in itself). Mr T-mob might get lucky & keep me as a customer as i may end up going sim free but that depends on the contract costs..

Its really only the WnW thats making me hold off and see what T Mobile get available, Orange Data is rubbish or I'd have got a Blackberry Bold by now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest M_Taylor40
Its really only the WnW thats making me hold off and see what T Mobile get available, Orange Data is rubbish or I'd have got a Blackberry Bold by now!

I couldn't have put it better myself!

I've still got 6 months left on my current T-Mobile contract but I'm starting to look at what's on offer (Or might be released sometime within this same decade...).

At this rate though I think I'll just wait til the end of my contract, wait like 2 months then get the next version of the Touch Pro (Vario 5) on a T-Mobile contract from expansys! Lol, any word on what HTC are currently cooking up or is it all currently about the G1?

And what are T-Mobile thinking?! They won't release the Vario 4 until the Vario 3 stock is sold, surely the type of ppl that will buy the vario 3 aren't dumbasses who know nothing about current technology, so they will not buy something that is about to be replaced at any time (Within the next year! lol) and they will want to wait for the Vario 4.

Why don't T-Mobile start selling the Vario 4s, and do the Vario 3s cheaper, making less profit on them but making a bit more on the Vario 4?! If they can't manage the slight decrease in profit that they would make then they shouldn't be trying to sell things! It's their fault buying so many Vario 3s when they knew the Vario 4 was coming very soon!

M_Taylor40

Guest M_Taylor40

I might just sell my current Tytn 2 on ebay, use that money to pay me out of my current T-Mobile contract and to pay for the Touch Pro from expansys on the T-Mobile deal for like £35.

I've been having a look and they seem to be going for like £200, which would be enough so I would get a new, cheaper contract and the new phone without having to really pay anything out of my own pocket.

Anyone know what the 'new' T-Mobile contracts are like with the 'unlimited' (1GB Fair Usage) internet on them?

I'm currently on the Flext 35 with WnW+ for £42.50 and I barely use my phone lol (I phone my gf, home n work and thats it lol!). I'm looking at the Combi 30 + WnW on expansys for like £35 a month (http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=171303), can you still use MSN on your phone with the 1gb fair usage policy? I originally got the WnW+ so I could use my phone as a modem for my laptop and use MSN on the phone itself but from what I can see T-Mobile have got rid of the WnW+ and its now just WnW with a 1GB Fair Usage policy. Can anyone confirm I can still use it as a modem and for MSN (I never went over 1GB a month usage anyways)

Thanks for the help!

M_Taylor40

Guest chrisms_cotland
I might just sell my current Tytn 2 on ebay, use that money to pay me out of my current T-Mobile contract and to pay for the Touch Pro from expansys on the T-Mobile deal for like £35.

I've been having a look and they seem to be going for like £200, which would be enough so I would get a new, cheaper contract and the new phone without having to really pay anything out of my own pocket.

Anyone know what the 'new' T-Mobile contracts are like with the 'unlimited' (1GB Fair Usage) internet on them?

I'm currently on the Flext 35 with WnW+ for £42.50 and I barely use my phone lol (I phone my gf, home n work and thats it lol!). I'm looking at the Combi 30 + WnW on expansys for like £35 a month (http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=171303), can you still use MSN on your phone with the 1gb fair usage policy? I originally got the WnW+ so I could use my phone as a modem for my laptop and use MSN on the phone itself but from what I can see T-Mobile have got rid of the WnW+ and its now just WnW with a 1GB Fair Usage policy. Can anyone confirm I can still use it as a modem and for MSN (I never went over 1GB a month usage anyways)

Thanks for the help!

M_Taylor40

I believe they still do the WnW+ at least I was led to believe so by someone in T-Mobile Today, although they did mention that they thought T-Mobile might be going like O2, Unlimited Data for Google G-1 and the FUP of 1Gb for everything else,

Guest psionandy

T-mobile say they won't release the vario iv until they've shifted the IIIs..

BUT they aren't discounting them, and they are making people pay high prices on upgrades till January, so they won't shift them that way.

Looks like it may be a long wait

Guest penguin

yea i've read they're not doing upgrades to new handsets till January & pretty much got told as much last night, but what he did do for me was apply a £10 line rental discount to my account for 6 months (im out of contract), bringing my monthly bill down to a whopping £12.50 inc W&W :lol:

It doesn't tie me into another 12 or 18 months & i can still call up to cancel whenever I want or get my upgrade in Feb.

Rumour is they're running out of cash & dont want people costing them money on their Quarter 4 earnings subsidising all these new funky handsets.

So call them up & get your £10 discounts :D (i went through to upgrades)