• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Hands on with the HTC Shift 6600mAh battery from Mugen Power

8 posts in this topic

Posted

/>
type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowfullscreen='true' width='480' height='295'>Back in August I posted about 2 new batteries for the HTC Shift from Mugen Power, the 4400mAh HLI-X9500ML @ $169.95 and the 6600mAh HLI-X9500XL @ $239.95.

Well i'm pleased to say the batteries are now in production and shipping, and I have video'd the 6600mAh beast to give you an idea of what it's like compared to the standard battery, and how it looks on the Shift.

Together with the recent GPS enabling ROM, I have to say this has given my Shift a new lease of life, and I am (once again!) very very impressed with the quality of the battery. IMHO it's a must have for Shift owners!

Take a look (if you are that way inclined) and let me know your thoughts! ;)

P

Posted

I had eyed this up in the past. was not very impressed with the battery power.

What kind of battery times have you been getting with the vista side of this?

XP can be installed can't it?

Thanks

Posted

Too early to say at the moment, i'll give it a proper test this week.

XP isn't 100% working driver wise yet...

P

Posted

My internet connection at work is so bad I can't view the video - but £120 for a battery?

I guess you have to be rich to own a shift....

Posted

Heh, yeah, it's all relative I guess... if you spend £800 on the device, spending that to get 2.5+ times battery life and actually making the thing USEFUL isn't so bad...

P

Posted

What sort of commission are you on paul? lol

Im gettin a shift this week but I wouldnt bulk it up that badly.

How much battery life does the standard battery give you?

Ta

Posted

Standard: an hour and a half. Not on commission... ;)

Loved the Shift concept, but in execution it's flawed IMHO with the standard battery!

P

Posted

what is the stand-by and talk time of thie battery .

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.