• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Vodafone....what's the deal???

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well I've broken my own record for my shortest mobile phone contract - 1 day - with Vodafone.

Ordered my Omnia and it arrived yesterday...all well and good. That's until I rang Vodafone to give them my PAC code to transfer my number from T-Mob. Not sure if Voda are living in the dark ages or not but I was told quite abruptly that I couldn't transfer my number! Apparently I should have entered my PAC code on the website when I ordered....and because I didn't I now can't. The only way to transfer my number is to cancel my contract, send the phone and SIM back then re-order and enter my PAC during the order process.

Now I've never had any trouble transferring my number (been with T-Mob, Orange and O2 - this is my first experience with Vodafone) always calling the network with my PAC code once I've received the Phone and SIM. Anyone else had this trouble with Voda before? Don't think I need to say it but this will be my last dealings with Vodafone so it's off to O2 for the Omnia then! ;)

Posted · Report post

That is seriously backward...

I have ported my number Between Orange and o2 and always done it by phoning up after i've got the phone....

Posted · Report post

Well I've broken my own record for my shortest mobile phone contract - 1 day - with Vodafone.

Ordered my Omnia and it arrived yesterday...all well and good. That's until I rang Vodafone to give them my PAC code to transfer my number from T-Mob. Not sure if Voda are living in the dark ages or not but I was told quite abruptly that I couldn't transfer my number! Apparently I should have entered my PAC code on the website when I ordered....and because I didn't I now can't. The only way to transfer my number is to cancel my contract, send the phone and SIM back then re-order and enter my PAC during the order process.

Now I've never had any trouble transferring my number (been with T-Mob, Orange and O2 - this is my first experience with Vodafone) always calling the network with my PAC code once I've received the Phone and SIM. Anyone else had this trouble with Voda before? Don't think I need to say it but this will be my last dealings with Vodafone so it's off to O2 for the Omnia then! ;)

This did indeed happen to me once, but this was with the then airtime provider "Singlepoint" which was eventually bought out proper by Vodafone sometime back.

To be fair to them, they made it clear that the PAC request MUST be included as part of the online ordering process.

But in my case THEY were at fault, in that they missed/overlooked/generally dropped a clanger over the request to PAC.

And as a result, in that case, I actually got to keep the shiny new Nokia 6100 entirely for free that they had issued as part of the new contract and account that was cancelled, in order to start a new one so the PAC could correctly be done, with which a new phone was issued anyway.

Nice to see it sounds like nothing has changed in all those many years over at the Big Red.

Oh er.

Posted · Report post

That is seriously backward...

I have ported my number Between Orange and o2 and always done it by phoning up after i've got the phone....

Can I just confirm that you are saying that I could start a new contract with o2, then ring o2 as soon as I have the phone and give them a PAC code to port my old number from T-Mobile to o2?

Posted · Report post

Can I just confirm that you are saying that I could start a new contract with o2, then ring o2 as soon as I have the phone and give them a PAC code to port my old number from T-Mobile to o2?

Yes you can. I had to change to o2 when I moved to Devon for reception reasons.

I bought the phone from Direct sales and called them afterwards with my PAC from Orange and they transferred the number over.

Posted · Report post

Yes you can. I had to change to o2 when I moved to Devon for reception reasons.

I bought the phone from Direct sales and called them afterwards with my PAC from Orange and they transferred the number over.

Thanks Mark, that's very helpful.