• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SPV E650 won't connect to any PC using ActiveSync

8 posts in this topic

Posted

My Orange SPV E650 will no longer connect to any PC using ActiveSync even though it's always worked before

with this phone and all my previous SPVs. I get the error message

"This device is not allowed to connect to the desktop computer".

I've tried the following without success:

* Reinstalling ActiveSync 4.5

* Checking and unchecking the checkbox "Enable advanced metwork functionality" in 'Start|Settings|Connections|More|

USB to PC'.

* Running the ActiveSync Troubleshooter on my work PC, home PC and laptop.

The only other option I can think of is to reset the phone to the factory settings, trouble is I have loads of photos and

videos of my kids/holidays/etc on the phone which I now can't copy to my PC and I don't want to lose them!

Can anyone help?

Posted

Can't you slap a Bluetooth dongle on your PC, copy your photos to it and then reset your phone to factory settings? It seems like the only option as somewhere you have a corrupted file. ;)

Posted

Have you tried deleting the partnership?

Posted

Sounds like you could be right that something has got corrupted on the phone. Using a bluetooth dongle sounds a good option, I'll give it a try! Cheers!

Posted

Yes I tried deleting the partnership but it also deleted all the contacts from my phone! And no it didn't get ActiveSync working but thanks for the advice!

Posted

See http://bansky.net/blog/2007/07/prevent-dev...the-desktop-pc/

Try installing wm5storage to get all your stuff off if a BT dongle doesn't work.

Deleting the partnrship on the PC shouldn't have deleted your contacts - hopefully you will get them all back when you sync successfully again - make sure you don't wipe them off your PC!

Posted

Success! I found a really easy way! I removed the memory card and copied all the contents to my PC (not necessary but just for peace of mind!). My contacts were already saved to a CSV file on my PC.

Then on the phone I went to 'Start|Accessories|Clear Storage', entered the code it gives and hit 'OK'. This reset the phone to the factory settings and now I can use ActiveSync!

I could have also saved my text messages and calendar entries but I wasn't really bothered about keeping them.

Cheers for your help!

Posted

Glad you got it sorted ;)