SPV E650 won't connect to any PC using ActiveSync

Guest spudcoutts

Guest spudcoutts

My Orange SPV E650 will no longer connect to any PC using ActiveSync even though it's always worked before

with this phone and all my previous SPVs. I get the error message

"This device is not allowed to connect to the desktop computer".

I've tried the following without success:

* Reinstalling ActiveSync 4.5

* Checking and unchecking the checkbox "Enable advanced metwork functionality" in 'Start|Settings|Connections|More|

USB to PC'.

* Running the ActiveSync Troubleshooter on my work PC, home PC and laptop.

The only other option I can think of is to reset the phone to the factory settings, trouble is I have loads of photos and

videos of my kids/holidays/etc on the phone which I now can't copy to my PC and I don't want to lose them!

Can anyone help?

Can't you slap a Bluetooth dongle on your PC, copy your photos to it and then reset your phone to factory settings? It seems like the only option as somewhere you have a corrupted file. ;)

Guest spudcoutts

Sounds like you could be right that something has got corrupted on the phone. Using a bluetooth dongle sounds a good option, I'll give it a try! Cheers!

Guest spudcoutts

Yes I tried deleting the partnership but it also deleted all the contacts from my phone! And no it didn't get ActiveSync working but thanks for the advice!

Guest spudcoutts

Success! I found a really easy way! I removed the memory card and copied all the contents to my PC (not necessary but just for peace of mind!). My contacts were already saved to a CSV file on my PC.

Then on the phone I went to 'Start|Accessories|Clear Storage', entered the code it gives and hit 'OK'. This reset the phone to the factory settings and now I can use ActiveSync!

I could have also saved my text messages and calendar entries but I wasn't really bothered about keeping them.

Cheers for your help!