• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Patched SECDialer.dll - no more keypad lock in calls!

160 posts in this topic

Posted

getting the unsigned error on my HI1.

to tired to do the reg edits you suggest, but prev posts indicate they might not work anyway, so i'll prolly just hang on till others do the testing for me lol.

Thanks tho.

Posted

I'm guessing I didn't re-sign the DLL correctly, i'll check in the morning ;)

P

Posted

awesome patch. but i'm still haven't decided if I want this or not. I don't accidentally want to press any buttons when during a call, but when i want to engage the notes app or loudspeaker it becomes 2 button job. I guess i'm lazy ;)

Posted

The .dll worked for me. I ran some tests and it works well, but it disables the video call function.

I rarely use it, but when I'm away from my kids sometimes it's fun to have a video call. So that's it for me. I had the foresight of saving a copy of the original .dll and copied it back to the Windows directory to return to the original.

Posted

Thanks, Paul ! I'll try it ;)

Posted

I've reuploaded the CAB to the first post, I think there was an issue with the original posting - please reinstall everyone!

;)

P

Posted

I've reuploaded the CAB to the first post, I think there was an issue with the original posting - please reinstall everyone!

;)

P

Beautiful,,, if you were a girl I'd kiss you..lol installed & works perfectly so far.. will keep you posted.

:wacko: pb

Posted

Beautiful,,, if you were a girl I'd kiss you..lol installed & works perfectly so far.. will keep you posted.

:wacko: pb

Please don't... ;)

P

Posted

thank you for this,

its been driving me nuts .... ;)

Posted

;)

P

installed fine this time, thanks Paul.

now if only had a friend so i could ask them to call me lol

I hired a small child to call me to test, i was worried about accidentally tapping the screen with my cheek or something, but once connected the screen dims, so you first tap on the screen activates it, so that should cut down on accidental taps

Posted

Thanks Paul

worked fine with new CAD

Posted

installed fine this time, thanks Paul.

now if only had a friend so i could ask them to call me lol

I hired a small child to call me to test, i was worried about accidentally tapping the screen with my cheek or something, but once connected the screen dims, so you first tap on the screen activates it, so that should cut down on accidental taps

in addition the screen should still lock at the time you set it to do so in settings->power->calling@10,20 or 30 seconds

Posted

in addition the screen should still lock at the time you set it to do so in settings->power->calling@10,20 or 30 seconds

Thanks for reminding me about that setting. With so many hard resets with all the upgrades this past month I forgot this one. I unchecked it because I mostly use the speaker phone option.

The screen would go dark real quick on my calls. I thought Paul still had a bug in his patch program (my apologies to Paul - what the heck was I thinking with that!!!)

Ron...

Posted

If it works for everyone (the DLL) I'll package it into a handy app for toggling between lock on and lock off...

P

Hi Paul,

Great stuff! It works. Now my screen doesn't lock when I'm on a call. But I am just wondering how I can revert to the original mode when I need to? Think the toggle idea you have is good.

Posted

I attached the Dutch HH1 SECDailer.dll. Would be great if you could patch that one. I took a look at the patching steps, but I don't think I'm up for it yet ;) .

Tnx in advance!

SECDailer_dutchHH1_.zip

Posted

brilliant.. s switcher even better ;)

Posted

Added Dutch CAB to first post, please test!

P

Posted

my phone is not a happy bunny.

everything seemed fine after putting in the cab, but this morning i had a screen or error notifications from smclose and batti, and all day i've had errors popping up, losing sounds, all sorts of weirdness, mostly around batti and smclose.

i dont know if its cos its a hi2 dll on my hi1 rom phone or what, i wasnt gonna flash to hi2 as there didnt seem much improvement over hi1, but i'll have to now i think :/

Posted

Not related I would say!

P

Posted

Not related I would say!

P

no idea if it is just a coinkydink, it was the only thing i did to the phone yesterday, but nobody else has had problems it seems.

i'm flashing to hi2 as i type, as the phone was buggered as is, so i'll try the cab after i flashed.

BTW, is there a way to undo the cab if i get it again or will i need to reflash again?

Posted

Just uninstall it from 'Remove Programs'.

P

Posted

P

oh.....he says looking at his freshly flashed phone bereft of all the progs and settings painstakingly setup over the last week lol

Posted

The patched dialer is a big improvement for me ;) thank you. I am on the XXHH1 Vodaphone ROM at the moment.

Posted

I tested this latest version and it works a charm. I was also able to place a video call through the Contacts app and successfully received a video call (after a couple of tries, but that's probably up to my provider's network). That means that this SECDialer doesn't disable video calling. I'm back in the game!

Anyway, THANK YOU!!!

Posted

P

So uninstall should give me back my old DLL, should anything go wrong? (I'm still on HG4, cold feet I guess...)