Patched SECDialer.dll - no more keypad lock in calls!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Nice work, congrats!

What about the switcher app? I'd better like to have it in a toggle (I don't know why, but I just guess it feels better)

Guest mongoose0606

Hi Paul

Forgive me I'm new to all this. I really want to install your file but am strugling. I have installed resco explorer but I still can't delete or overwrite the old file secdialer.dll file.

If I try to delete it I get an error saying that it can't be dlete becaus eits in ROM.

I have a sumsumg Omnia.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Edited by mongoose0606

Today so many people call me and so many times my cheek touched the screen, at one time it even activate the speaker phone.

I wonder when someone can change the light sensor works as proximity sensor to lock when cheek near and unlock when cheek away.

Today so many people call me and so many times my cheek touched the screen, at one time it even activate the speaker phone.

I wonder when someone can change the light sensor works as proximity sensor to lock when cheek near and unlock when cheek away.

I said that in a previous thread, integrate the light sensor and the giro so that it will need the two to turn the screen off, but got told why would i want that, hay ho!

Like it says! :lol:

Inspired by this post, installing this CAB will rid you of the auto-keypad lock when you start a call. This is for English language devices only.

Feedback please... i'm considering a simple toggle app too (like my OmniaSIP and OmniaTHREAD apps).

Technical info - this is the SECDialer.dll from the DXHI2 ROM, patched to not write the lock entry to registry, not to display the big graphic and re-signed to give it a valid signature.

Enjoy! :D

P

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDiallerDutch.CAB

Works a treat Paul - thanks for the fix. Personally I can't see the need for a lock. Keypad doesn't seem to make contact unless the phone is tucked under right the chin - typically something I used to do before the "no phones while driving" rule.

Would like a "one button" way to manually start Resco audio recording during a phone call though. Just for the odd time when a well known DIY retailer lets ou down on delivery and then denies they ever promised it... Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
thanks Paul

Ok thanks to a forum member pointing this patch to me and now I just installed it with the customed 2D DTHJ6 from Passeo. Just a minute or two on a voice mail call, the back of the phone was getting warm fast and the battery indicator dropped like two mm (can't tell by %) from about 40% mark.

Definitely need to fully charge and try more later on different call modes to see if it is repeatable.

Anyone else is seeing this? just a concern but thanks to you again Paul da man. B)