Patched SECDialer.dll - no more keypad lock in calls!

Guest PaulOBrien

ok, i have the samsung i910 verizon in the US, i want my lock dialer back!

i loaded a few different one including that iconsoft (which sucked!) and now i cannot get the stock dialer back. ever since i loaded this SECDialer.

Guest kipperman@01
Like it says! :rolleyes:

Inspired by this post, installing this CAB will rid you of the auto-keypad lock when you start a call. This is for English language devices only.

Feedback please... i'm considering a simple toggle app too (like my OmniaSIP and OmniaTHREAD apps).

Technical info - this is the SECDialer.dll from the DXHI2 ROM, patched to not write the lock entry to registry, not to display the big graphic and re-signed to give it a valid signature.

Enjoy! :)

P

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDiallerDutch.CAB

Great work Paul. I copied the Cab file to the smasung omnia phone and it worked perfectly. I cant thank you enough. What else have you developed?

Guest richsadams
I had to uninstall the patched dialer to get out of that mode.

Hopefully Paul can help us Verizon users get a patched dialer. That lock is very annoying, especially trying to retrieve voicemail.

Sorry to hear that you had some trouble with this. I hope it doesn't happen to me one day.

Can you post exactly how you uninstalled the program? TIA.

Sorry to hear that you had some trouble with this. I hope it doesn't happen to me one day.

Can you post exactly how you uninstalled the program? TIA.

I went to Settings / System / Remove Programs and the Modaco Patched Dialer was there so I removed it and rebooted and the old dialer was back.

Guest richsadams
I went to Settings / System / Remove Programs and the Modaco Patched Dialer was there so I removed it and rebooted and the old dialer was back.

Thanks for that. IIRC the uninstall instructions were posted earlier, but it's always good to verify that it actually works. Thanks again.

Edited by richsadams

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rayden25

I did a Verizon VZW A910 version. Just use total comander to over the original. If you install this you will loose the Samsung skinned dialer and end up with the original WM dialer buttons. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Only for vzw phones.

Original secdialer.dll is here incase you want to go back. The new one is not signed so you'll need to install the security hack to install.

RemoveSecurity.CAB

dialer.zip

Edited by rayden25

Guest pietertc

Hi There,

I am also new, and read all six pages. Compliments for Paul for fixing this annoying feature.

One problem however. When I download the file and put it on the phone, when I double click it I get the properties? So it's not installing, only showing the file size, type, location etc.

I downloaded the Dutch file.

When I right click I get the normal right mouse menu. Sounds like something simple, but I have no idea :) .

Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

Guest Apo11on
Compliments for Paul for fixing this annoying feature.

i'd like to state the fix made by Paul works only for i900 version, all US users are still very disappointed and waiting for someone to do the same for Verizon's Omnia i910.

Guest rayden25
i'd like to state the fix made by Paul works only for i900 version, all US users are still very disappointed and waiting for someone to do the same for Verizon's Omnia i910.

Read post 106. I did a verizon one.

Guest Apo11on
Read post 106. I did a verizon one.

yours either doesnt work or the file replacement with copy-paste is unsuccessful, because the dll is already loaded in memory. either way - couldn't get yours to work.

would be nice if someone else withverizon omnia could tell if yours worked for them

Guest pietertc

Hi,

me again with the same question, tried it on a different PC, but now when I try to install it (with the file copied to the phone), it only opens in a winzip file, showing me three files. But there's no installing going on.

Anyone has an idea? When so many can install it, it must be me doing something wrong. Love to hear your advise.

B.R Pieter

Guest pietertc

He guys. I think I found it. Copy it to the ppc, and then use explore of your ppc (omnia). I installed it now.

Strange I thought I installed cab files on my omnia using the pc explorer. But picking up the file from the phone works. So I am happy now :-).

sorry I bothered with such an obvious question (that's why my profile says newbie) :-).

B.R Pieter

I did a Verizon VZW A910 version. Just use total comander to over the original. If you install this you will loose the Samsung skinned dialer and end up with the original WM dialer buttons. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Only for vzw phones.

Original secdialer.dll is here incase you want to go back. The new one is not signed so you'll need to install the security hack to install.

I don't understand.. Did you actually patch the dialer to remove the lock or just make a corrupted dll that disables the samsung dialer and goes back to the WM dialer? If so, you can do that without overwriting the DLL - there's a registry change that disables the samsung dialer..

Guest dwallersv

No disrespect to Paul at all, and he certainly deserves praise and thanks for his effort here, however...

The same thing can be accomplished by making the reg change in this thread, which restores the native WM6 dialer, and is preferred by some (myself being one).

Of course, then you have the problem of needing to lock out the screen when you want it locked (same with Paul's solution). I deal with this by assigning S2U2 to menu-hold.

Guest rayden25
I don't understand.. Did you actually patch the dialer to remove the lock or just make a corrupted dll that disables the samsung dialer and goes back to the WM dialer? If so, you can do that without overwriting the DLL - there's a registry change that disables the samsung dialer..

Yeah I think that's what I did. I am figuring a correct patched dll would keep the original skin. When I open the dll and change the code inside and overwrite the original< i think the phone just doesn't use the dll because it's not a good file. This was my first attempt at anything like this.

The other thing is that the 900 secdialer.dll is completely different than the 910 dll. The 900 dll has all the .bmp in it and the 910 doesn't. I was looking to Paul for some help, but haven't received a response.

Edited by rayden25

Guest Apo11on
Yeah I think that's what I did. I am figuring a correct patched dll would keep the original skin. When I open the dll and change the code inside and overwrite the original< i think the phone just doesn't use the dll because it's not a good file. This was my first attempt at anything like this.

The other thing is that the 900 secdialer.dll is completely different than the 910 dll. The 900 dll has all the .bmp in it and the 910 doesn't. I was looking to Paul for some help, but haven't received a response.

if you believe the developers of Iconsoft Phone Extension their next version 1.2 is supposed to be out no later than the end of this week. They did however break their own promises about release date multiple times before...It completely replaces all dialers - Samsung and WM one, and despite what aleis said, it is *by far* the very best dialer for winblows mobile phones on the market today. And 1.2 is a major release with lots of new features and improved resource handling (low CPU, RAM usage etc)

Edited by Apo11on

Guest barbs666

Hi everyone,

First thanks Paul for sharing this.....really going to make my omnia calls less frustrating :-)

Quick Question - To install do I just put all three files into my storage and run setup.xml?

Thanks again , yes I am a WM 6.1 newbie.......

Paul B

Guest pietertc

Hi,

look a little bit above towards my postings. You see I have gone through the same (basic) problem, however, I figured it out. Look at my last post. Use active synchronisation to copy the cab file to your mobile phone (i have put it in my documents/personal).

Then use the explorer on your phone and locate the file. With the stylus, click on the file and it will start installing. And then you're finished.

B.R. Pieter

Hi everyone,

First thanks Paul for sharing this.....really going to make my omnia calls less frustrating :-)

Quick Question - To install do I just put all three files into my storage and run setup.xml?

Thanks again , yes I am a WM 6.1 newbie.......

Paul B

Guest barbs666
Hi,

look a little bit above towards my postings. You see I have gone through the same (basic) problem, however, I figured it out. Look at my last post. Use active synchronisation to copy the cab file to your mobile phone (i have put it in my documents/personal).

Then use the explorer on your phone and locate the file. With the stylus, click on the file and it will start installing. And then you're finished.

B.R. Pieter

ah, thanks mate, my pc was opening the .cab files automatically so i got a bit muddled! cheers........

Guest Peter Niklas
Like it says! :)

Inspired by this post, installing this CAB will rid you of the auto-keypad lock when you start a call. This is for English language devices only.

Feedback please... i'm considering a simple toggle app too (like my OmniaSIP and OmniaTHREAD apps).

Technical info - this is the SECDialer.dll from the DXHI2 ROM, patched to not write the lock entry to registry, not to display the big graphic and re-signed to give it a valid signature.

Enjoy! ;)

P

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDialler.CAB

MoDaCo.OmniaPatchedDiallerDutch.CAB

• 4 weeks later...