3 customer service make Orange look excellent

Guest awarner

Guest awarner (MVP)

I have tried to access my 3 account for hours now and have finally given up.

Initially I entered my password incorrectly and had the usual account disabled wait a shot while before logging in again.

I have done this countless times and keep speaking to the wonderful Indian help desk (sarcasm) and still can not access my account.

Online they say I need to contract by phone 333 and then 333 say I need to access my account online which obviously I can not.

After god knows how many attempts logging in and chatting to online help I have finally given up.

All I wanted was to add one month of data to my account, is that asking too much?

So while 3 looks good for 1GB data for £5 the service makes it unusable when you have a problem.

Just glad I never moved my main number over to them.

Guest Dr Who

Phone staff don't seem to have a scooby about their products, services or structure. My friend almost topped himself trying to get a PAYG data SIM working.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ok after the online support insisting I have to give CS a call again I do.

Now these monkeys say that I can not log onto my 3 account from my pc because I have a transmitter issue in my area affecting the 3 service. They could not understand that a landline connection is different to a mobile.

Now for the best bit, they claim they can not access my account because of the alleged transmitter fault even though the online assistant could. Since when has someone's account been kept on their handset???

DON'T USE 3 I've never known CS as bad, and I thought BT was bad.

Guest Dr Who

I HAVE spoken to a very knowledgeable staff member in store, however. Although my friend encountered some clueless in-store support. They insisted the vodafone brand 3G modem I had would not work with their PAYG data SIM (it does) - the problem would most likely seem to have related to the fact he only had GPRS where he was and it didn't work under GPRS only 3G (which they didn't tell him).