HTC s710 dead ?

Guest 64r0n

Hi

I have had my vox for about a year now, and yesterday I installed SmartToolKit on it. I was then browsing my contacts, when the phone suddenly freezed. Then I pushed the "turn off button" on the top of the phone, but nothing happened. Then I had to remove the battery. When i put in the battery again the phone wouldn't turn on anymore, and it still wont. I have tried to hard reset it, but nothing happens. When I try to turn on the phone, the LED lights for about a second, and then it goes out. The display doesn't show anything, and the phone doesn't vibrate. I have tried to take out the memorycard and simcard, but it does not help. What is wrong, and what can I do ?

Have you tried turning the phone on with the power adapter connected (and the battery disconnected).

See if you can get it into bootloader mode (or whatever it's called). Hold down the Camera button and then plug in a usb cable (that's attached to a computer). Good to figure out if it's a hardware or software problem.

Have you tried turning the phone on with the power adapter connected (and the battery disconnected).

I have tried this yes, and it still won't turn on.

See if you can get it into bootloader mode (or whatever it's called). Hold down the Camera button and then plug in a usb cable (that's attached to a computer). Good to figure out if it's a hardware or software problem.

I have just tried this, and then I get the "red, green, blue screen". Do you know what this means, or what I can do?

Edited by 64r0n

I have just tried this, and then I get the "red, green, blue screen". Do you know what this means, or what I can do?

How did this post get here? Delete me please any mod

Edited by furby

I would think then that something has gone wrong with your software (ROM) rather than any hardware on the phone. Where did you get your vox from (network or htc direct?)

I would think then that something has gone wrong with your software (ROM) rather than any hardware on the phone. Where did you get your vox from (network or htc direct?)

Okay. I have had it since it was new, and I buyed it in a "tele-store", but this happened after I updated the ROM from htc.com. I updated to version 1.34.402.1 I think. Do you know what I can do about it now?

Okay. I have had it since it was new, and I buyed it in a "tele-store", but this happened after I updated the ROM from htc.com. I updated to version 1.34.402.1 I think. Do you know what I can do about it now?

Just wanted to check if you needed a network rom. Seeing as you flashed from htc then no. I think it is worth giving the updater (flash utility) another try, maybe something went wrong in the update.

I'll see if I can flash mine from bootloader mode.

Ok, it does work. Download the flash utility (ROM Updater). Plug your phone as above (camera button+usb) and then run the flash utility. It will of course wipe your phone but hopefully it'll get you back and working.

Just wanted to check if you needed a network rom. Seeing as you flashed from htc then no. I think it is worth giving the updater (flash utility) another try, maybe something went wrong in the update.

I'll see if I can flash mine from bootloader mode.

Then how should I update it now then ?

ok, thanks

Ok, it does work. Download the flash utility (ROM Updater). Plug your phone as above (camera button+usb) and then run the flash utility. It will of course wipe your phone but hopefully it'll get you back and working.

Okay, thank you ;)

Where do I download the flash utility? :/

At the HTC site HERE as it says don't interupt the process until it's done. Post back how you get on

I have tried that now, and it does not work ;)

I took some screenshots, strange why it won't recognnize the existing ROM:

htc1qu1.jpg

htc2pn7.jpg

Guest ROMEROPOLACO

ok guys i had a problem with my t-dash 620 and i tried everywhere at the whole internet but i didnt give up so i will tell u what i did:

1-hold teh camera button for 10 seconds

2-turn on the phone

3-it will get into the boot mode

4-plug the usb cable

5-run the sda unlock app.

6-run the ruu cid by pass

7-you have to had get the rom to upgrade it or replace the same one

8-uncheck the usb connection on sync manager or any syn app

9-the battery it should be crarged to avoid lost the process and run the rom

10-dont play with the phone or open any app at ur pc or laptop

11-let it end and wola. finish

i hope it helps guys there is a lot of morons trying charge some for this advices

ok guys i had a problem with my t-dash 620 and i tried everywhere at the whole internet but i didnt give up so i will tell u what i did:

1-hold teh camera button for 10 seconds

2-turn on the phone

3-it will get into the boot mode

4-plug the usb cable

7-you have to had get the rom to upgrade it or replace the same one

8-uncheck the usb connection on sync manager or any syn app

9-the battery it should be crarged to avoid lost the process and run the rom

10-dont play with the phone or open any app at ur pc or laptop

11-let it end and wola. finish

i hope it helps guys there is a lot of morons trying charge some for this advices

Okay, I'd try that, but where do I find those?

Did you actually get an error running the ROM update utility? What was it?

You only need the above if you want to flash an unofficial/cooked ROM (they're prob on xda developers though)

Did you actually get an error running the ROM update utility? What was it?

You only need the above if you want to flash an unofficial/cooked ROM (they're prob on xda developers though)

I installed the ROM, and the installation went fine but the phone is still the same. It still wont turn on.

@64r0n - have you actually run the RUU? Like Furby says, it should work, if it doesn't then post the error.

Yes I have.. I installed this file "-HTC S710-RUU_Vox_HTC_NORDIC_1.34.402.1_4.1.13.54_03.10.90_Ship" and it does not show any error wile installing, but the phone is the same after the installation. It can still only go to bootloader mode..

If a new ROM hasn't fixed it then it does sound like a hardware problem, I can't think of anything else it could be. Sorry.

s*** :/

I don't hope it's the hardware, and I can't see why it should be. It happened after i updated the ROM, and i was sitting the the phone in my hand when it froze :S

• 3 months later...

I have had the exact same original problem with 2 different phones.

Problem: Turn on, green light stays on for a second or two and then switches off. Both times the problem was the main ribbon cable.

Solution: Open up the phone and reconnect the main ribbon connector that runs between the two halves of the phone. Hope this helps someone!

Instructions:

1. Simply remove battery cover
  2. Remove battery
  3. Unscrew the two screws at the bottom of phone that was under the battery cover
  4. Unclip the back phone casing. I used an old credit card and wedges it on the inside of the casings and ran it around unclipping all the clips.
  5. Unscrew the (clear) speaker assembly
  6. Slide the phone 3/4 open, lift the mainboard and gain access to the ribbon cable.
  7. Simply ease it off and clip it back on again.
Note: I had to refit the connector around 5 times to get it right on both occasions. The pins are very fine. I found pressing the ribbon side down first helped.

Good luck!

Edited by Tris