Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest robf80

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE #5 ONLY WORKS FOR WORLD WIDE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ROMS

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE #4 FULLY WORKING

Apologies to all! Never use a rubbish W2K machine to build a ZIP file. Every file seemed to be damaged somehow. I have now hard reset my phone and tested build by downloading file and following my own instructions and it all works.

UPDATE #3

Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken 1.Manila2D_1.00_1819.2926.CAB

UPDATE #2

Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken hh_fw_background.png

UPDATE #1

I have been going through what programs are needed, not needed and programs that can be relocated and Manila 2D still work with improved memory.

NOT NEEDED

04.Album_Video_fix.cab (YouTube Video Fix - YouTube App doesn't work)

11.YouTubeQVGA 1_5_1819_1531.cab (Doesn't Work)

05.Task_Manager_2.1_34837.5.cab

08.Audio_Booster.cab (Don't Work)

09.Fullscreen_Player_1_05_080828_0.cab (Makes No Difference)

CAN BE INSTALLED ON LARGE INTERNAL MEMORY

12.GoogleMaps_compressed.CAB (Still needed to use Maps widget)

After doing this I was left with much improved memory running M2D :

STORAGE MEMORY : 20.46mb FREE

PROGRAM MEMORY : 46.73mb FREE

This is one of the best UI's for the Omnia to date and it runs extremely well. This is the latest M2D from herg62123 on xda-developers.

Here is my guide to getting Manila 2D working on a Samsung Omnia i900.

Landscape does not work and neither does the YouTube App.

Sorry forgot to add I have only tested this on i900DXHI3

You might want to rationalize the programs afterwards as when your done you will only have about 5mb storage memory left. I got rid of the YouTube Stuff.

I did not have any involvement in the development of the programs I have attached. Thank all the guys at XDA-Developers for their hard work.

1. Hard reset your device if you can (not compulsory but advisable)

2. Move the DiamondQVGA.tsk and Hh_fw_background.png in the "Files" folder to "My Documents" on your device

3. Go to "Settings" then "Today" and select "DiamondQVGA" theme

4. Open "Hh_fw_background.png" located in my documents on your device and set as "Today Background"

5. Disable any Items in the Today Settings

6. In the Manila folder install file "1". All CAB files should be installed on device main memory and not My storage.

7. After file is installed go back to "Today Items" in "Settings" and disable "TouchFlo"

8. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary

9. In the Manila folder install file "2" M2D Patch

10. I would soft reset at this point but probably not nessecary

11. Install the rest of the files 3 to 12 in the manila folder soft resetting the device if told to by the installations. Yes you do need to install Gmaps as it wont work in the M2D maps widget.

12. You now have a choice you can skip this and go to step 13 which is easier and better or you can - Leave the installation here and you will have a dark blue skin which will not fill your screen. You will have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml located in the windows directory of your device, once edited to suit Omnia resolution you will need to put HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows/manilaGFX directory of your device. You will also have to put hh_fw_background.png into the same directory. Jump to step 15.

13. The best way is to ignore step 12 and install file "13" in manila folder this will give the HTC Standard Theme which is nice.

14. For the MBarvian Touchflo 3d Skin I have already edited the HTCHomeSttings.xml to suit the omnia resolution. Move ._HTCHomeSttings.xml, HTCHomeSttings.xml and hh_fw_background.png from the manila/files folder to the windows folder of your device.

15. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary

16. When the device starts go to "settings" then "today" then "items" and enable "TouchFlo"

17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi. Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1. Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1. DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.

18. That should be it!

Here are the files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/151881719/M2D_i900.zip.html

Paul you might want to mediafire the file as some people have trouble with rapidshare

post-422333-1223419310_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419322_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419332_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419341_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419353_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419371_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419380_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419391_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419398_thumb.png

post-422333-1223419406_thumb.png

Edited by robf80

Guest PaSSoA

Wow! That's a good guide, I really like it but as you mentioned, the only thing holding me back to the unbelievable amount of space it takes. Just out of curiosity, *cough* *cough* if someone cooks this in a ROM, will it still take up the program memory or will it be in the ROM memory ;)

Guest robf80
Wow! That's a good guide, I really like it but as you mentioned, the only thing holding me back to the unbelievable amount of space it takes. Just out of curiosity, *cough* *cough* if someone cooks this in a ROM, will it still take up the program memory or will it be in the ROM memory ;)

Made a mistake in the first post I meant there was only 5mb STORAGE memory not PROGRAM memory.

Edited by robf80

Guest robf80

I made a mistake. I am left with 5mb STORAGE memory not PROGRAM memory. Working on Update to free up more Storage Memory.

Guest robf80
it freeze when i try to install 01 cab. nothing proceeding.

Just tried installing no 01 cab which I downloaded from my rapidshare upload (To test that your file is ok) and it works fine. Do you get certificate warning? It is a large file to install 12mb. What ROM have you got as I have only tested on i900DXHI3?

Silly question but have you tried soft reset then try install again?

Guest Reuben (MY)

maybe it's due to file size too big? already clicked yes in cert prompt and it stays at 0% for 5-10 munites until i got fade up and reset ;)

well i was wondering, if 1 file is 12mb, how much space it would take up in main storage if it can't work on MyStorage...

Guest robf80
maybe it's due to file size too big? already clicked yes in cert prompt and it stays at 0% for 5-10 munites until i got fade up and reset ;)

well i was wondering, if 1 file is 12mb, how much space it would take up in main storage if it can't work on MyStorage...

I forgot to see what my memory was like before I started. I can tell you I have 20.40mb Storage memory free now with everything installed that is needed to run M2D.

What ROM you got?

Guest hanzam

I can't complete step

4. Open "Hh_fw_background.png" located in my documents on your device and set as "Today Background"

Omnia can't open the file nor Windows Vista can.

Guest robf80
I can't complete step

Omnia can't open the file nor Windows Vista can.

Sorry hh_fw_background.png is corrupt in the rapidshare download. I will fix.

Here is the file

post-422333-1223409966_thumb.png

Guest Reuben (MY)

hi robf,

still got no luck on step 6. nothing proceeding, just stay at 0% with the 4 colors cursor. it's already 30 minutes now after pressing Yes in certificate warning.

my device specification:

DXHI3

.NET CF 3.5 installed.

;)

Guest robf80
hi robf,

still got no luck on step 6. nothing proceeding, just stay at 0% with the 4 colors cursor. it's already 30 minutes now after pressing Yes in certificate warning.

my device specification:

DXHI3

.NET CF 3.5 installed.

;)

Sorry Reuben my fault. zipping the no 1 file before corrupted it. Give me 5 mins and I win upload a working zip to rapidshare. This has been a lot of hassle for an easy job! :wacko:

Guest hanzam

I installed all, from the "old" upload. Downloaded the No1 from xda-dev.

step 13 didn't install -> downloaded from xda-dev ok!

Then steps 14 to 16:

copied files to \windows\

soft reset

activated TouchFlo3D

Now it's written: Touch here to start touchFlo. When I click, its working a second an returning to this message.

I think, the xml has a problem too

could you post just the xml from your device to verfy?

mfg

hanzam

Edited by hanzam

Guest robf80

Then steps 14 to 16:

soft reset

activated TouchFlo3D

Now it's written: Touch here to start touchFlo. When I click, its working a second an returning to this message.

mfg

hanzam

I think I am going to hard reset and try all again to prove this works. Here is the xml

HTCHomeSettings.xml

Guest passado

Then steps 14 to 16:

soft reset

activated TouchFlo3D

mfg

hanzam

Dame of the Link File 13 in XDA

Guest Reuben (MY)

:( with the xml can we change the path to \My Storage\M2D or whatsoever?

trying to install again now

:wacko: "file removed" :D

just did a hard reset and now starting all over again without other apps ;)

Edited by Reuben (MY)

Guest robf80
:wacko: with the xml can we change the path to \My Storage\M2D or whatsoever?

trying to install again now

;) "file removed" <-- message from rapidshare... guess you're still loading. i'll try again in the next hour

Try now. Sorry long story why I have had so many problems with this. W2K machines don't zip files well. Using home Vista machine now.

Well latest upload is fully working. Hard reset my device, downloaded from rapidshare my self and followed my own instructions and it worked fine.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Rob

PS. I think you have a good idea there. Could make some space by moving all *.png files to large internal storage and then edit xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

Change "\Windows" to "\My Storage\manila" for example

Just checked we can save approx 2.09mb by doing this

Edited by robf80

Guest ToKcuKo3

Hi.

I cannot instal the 7th CAB: 7.Enchasements.OUTLOOK.and.PICTURE.cab

Tried to install the same one from xda-developers page, but it`s the same.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

was probably a lokal problem. I just continued instalation of other CABs and then tried the 7-th one again and it succeeded.

Edited by ToKcuKo3

Guest Reuben (MY)

lots of missing image file and link in the xml. i'm downloading the one in xda-developers to try... will give you screen capture later.

ps: Today menus aren't working, if you click 1 time from People tab to Email tab, the people image remains in background... have to press the new icon twice to make it disappear. and the Program tab not working, stay with the word "Please wait..."

Guest hikurakx

how to make album to use other picture that in the SD memory?

i try follow the guide that in xda, (push album->album-> there here will have some option, but for me, it doesn't show any)

anyone got a solution? thanks

oh, btw: anyone can make audio manager to display chinese song name?

Guest Reuben (MY)

the installation is fine now, if using default HTCSettings file. if i were to copy the file provided in Files folder, it become very unstable... not sure why.

btw you need to install SJ_Driver_D3D from xda-developers right?