Complete install guide for Manila (TouchFlo 2D) on i900

Guest robf80

Guest gillestuur

It works all fine here on HI3 (wifi also), but the only thing i'm struggling with is that when im going to the music part, it goes to the standard Windows Media player and gives the error: "Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted of the Player does not support the format you are trying to play." Did i miss something?

As said in the start topic, installing the full screen player doenst make any difference, so still not working.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=25279

sshot001.bmp

Edited by gillestuur

It works all fine here on HI3 (wifi also), but the only thing i'm struggling with is that when im going to the music part, it goes to the standard Windows Media player and gives the error: "Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted of the Player does not support the format you are trying to play." Did i miss something?

Same here as gille mentioned.

Also in settings widget, try Menu -> Wireless Network doesnt work for me.

Also if u click in CommManager -> Communications -> Settings -> Wireless Lan.

And the last thing that i have noticed the flashlight doesnt work as a torch when u hold the "volume down button" for 20sec or more.

Im also wondering if we could change the theme. I have checked the forum from xda dev and there are some really nice skins!

Guest Omnia_1
Same here as gille mentioned.

Also in settings widget, try Menu -> Wireless Network doesnt work for me.

Also if u click in CommManager -> Communications -> Settings -> Wireless Lan.

And the last thing that i have noticed the flashlight doesnt work as a torch when u hold the "volume down button" for 20sec or more.

Im also wondering if we could change the theme. I have checked the forum from xda dev and there are some really nice skins!

Did you install full screen player and all the HTC required files? The player works perfectly for me.

Try searching, there's a few freeware apps that enable flashlight.

As for the theme yes we can use other themes, however, we either need to edit the .XML or use an img editor (Photoshop etc) both are time consuming and tedious.

f_CapScr0002m_b83ff7a.png

Edited by Omnia_1

Guest gillestuur
Did you install full screen player and all the HTC required files? The player works perfectly for me.

As said in the start topic, the full screen player doenst make any difference, so still not working.

Btw, when scrolling trough the emails and zapped from gmail to hotmail. I got the error that Manilla2D.exe had to close.

Pushed don't send 3 times but nothing happened. Bug i think?

Hope someone knows a sollution to the music player problem.

Thnx..

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=25279

Edited by gillestuur

Guest Omnia_1
As said in the start topic, the full screen player doenst make any difference, so still not working.

Btw, when scrolling trough the emails and zapped from gmail to hotmail. I got the error that Manilla2D.exe had to close.

Pushed don't send 3 times but nothing happened. Bug i think?

Hope someone knows a sollution to the music player problem.

Thnx..

Regardless, the player is running perfectly for me, try install again a hardreset may be required! Also there's a new relesae on XDA Dev, no patch required, less program and storage memory required and I can happily say some widgets are much smoother.

I have 33MB storage, 50MB program memory with everything installed!

Regardless, the player is running perfectly for me, try install again a hardreset may be required! Also there's a new relesae on XDA Dev, no patch required, less program and storage memory required and I can happily say some widgets are much smoother.

I have 33MB storage, 50MB program memory with everything installed!

Do you have a link please? Cant seem to find the original post on xda just a few touchflo threads

No it doesnt, sorry I never tried it... I would say its hardcoded into original M2D, is there any patch that allows changing/overwitting stock ROM files,? If we can change the name of that .cpl extension then we can name it as the originally intended HTC one. I dont know if that make sense or not.

Likewise I was thinking along that way. But couldn't quite figure out where I can change it. :lol:

As for the theme yes we can use other themes, however, we either need to edit the .XML or use an img editor (Photoshop etc) both are time consuming and tedious.

Yes i have installed everything step by step :lol:, also before i have hard resetted my omnia.

Maybe you installed something extra program that made this work, or even had before any other program? I have installed Core player after the Manilla thing but it was doing it before installing the app.

About the themes, there are modified only for HTC devices in xda?

Do we have to resize them for Omnia?

Maybe anyone is able to get that working for german devices?
Yes! I'm also locking for the German version. I've tried, but no fonts were displayed. The language pack didn’t help. The performance going true the tabs was very smooth!

Edit:

So finally a first progess with german roms... You have to rename the existing *.0409.mui files to *.0407. After that finally I can see the fonts, for now in english, but they can be translated, maybe alredy existing somwhere.

New version found: ALL DEVICES (VERSION 19b) WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET

I think we make progress... To late to day, I will come back tomorrow evening.

Edited by hapiit

Those having a problem launching the Audio player please, install THIS

Doesnt run kaer. I hope i dont have to start from beginning :D. Any other ideas?

Edit: I have installed the files from the robf80 zip http://rapidshare.com/files/151881719/M2D_i900.zip.html

which are "8.Audio_Booster.cab" and "10.HTC_TouchFlo2D_Audio_Manager.cab" and now it works perfect! :lol:

Edited by sector

Guest datafanatic

Love your background image...any chance you could post a link to it...please?

Just about to take the plunge and install manilla 2d, tried a couple of days ago and it all went pear shaped!!

Lets hope update 19b works better??

Laterz

DF :lol:

Guest Omnia_1
Love your background image...any chance you could post a link to it...please?

Just about to take the plunge and install manilla 2d, tried a couple of days ago and it all went pear shaped!!

Lets hope update 19b works better??

Laterz

Sure, here's the link. After you installed everything (I recommend pre hardreset) just copy to Windows directory.

Guest datafanatic
Sure, here's the link. After you installed everything (I recommend pre hardreset) just copy to Windows directory.

Thanks fella,

1 question, do i need to copy all files into Windows directory, or just the background image (its probably all but i just want to double check!!).

Thanks again

Guest Omnia_1
Thanks fella,

1 question, do i need to copy all files into Windows directory, or just the background image (its probably all but i just want to double check!!).

Thanks again

Its up to you, first copy only the bg image and softreset, after if you like the look of my setup then use the other files too.

Does anyone know how can we enable the Analogue clock? I have M2DC installed and enabled the analogue clock but nothing shows up.

Guest gillestuur
Doesnt run kaer. I hope i dont have to start from beginning :D . Any other ideas?

Edit: I have installed the files from the robf80 zip http://rapidshare.com/files/151881719/M2D_i900.zip.html

which are "8.Audio_Booster.cab" and "10.HTC_TouchFlo2D_Audio_Manager.cab" and now it works perfect! :lol:

I reinstalled it all with the 19b update, leave the QXVGAYoutube, task manager and Opera (already on phone) away and have some fun!

Tried to get it in Dutch (my languages) but unfortunately that didnt work in any way. Think its the HI3 rom, cause it shouldnt be very difficult and tried everything.

Edited by gillestuur

Guest dionescu
________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE #5 ONLY WORKS FOR WORLD WIDE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ROMS

________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE #4 FULLY WORKING

Apologies to all! Never use a rubbish W2K machine to build a ZIP file. Every file seemed to be damaged somehow. I have now hard reset my phone and tested build by downloading file and following my own instructions and it all works.

UPDATE #3

Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken 1.Manila2D_1.00_1819.2926.CAB

UPDATE #2

Uploaded new file (bottom of post) replacing broken hh_fw_background.png

UPDATE #1

I have been going through what programs are needed, not needed and programs that can be relocated and Manila 2D still work with improved memory.

NOT NEEDED

04.Album_Video_fix.cab (YouTube Video Fix - YouTube App doesn't work)

11.YouTubeQVGA 1_5_1819_1531.cab (Doesn't Work)

05.Task_Manager_2.1_34837.5.cab

08.Audio_Booster.cab (Don't Work)

09.Fullscreen_Player_1_05_080828_0.cab (Makes No Difference)

CAN BE INSTALLED ON LARGE INTERNAL MEMORY

12.GoogleMaps_compressed.CAB (Still needed to use Maps widget)

After doing this I was left with much improved memory running M2D :

STORAGE MEMORY : 20.46mb FREE

PROGRAM MEMORY : 46.73mb FREE

This is one of the best UI's for the Omnia to date and it runs extremely well. This is the latest M2D from herg62123 on xda-developers.

Here is my guide to getting Manila 2D working on a Samsung Omnia i900.

Landscape does not work and neither does the YouTube App.

Sorry forgot to add I have only tested this on i900DXHI3

You might want to rationalize the programs afterwards as when your done you will only have about 5mb storage memory left. I got rid of the YouTube Stuff.

I did not have any involvement in the development of the programs I have attached. Thank all the guys at XDA-Developers for their hard work.

1. Hard reset your device if you can (not compulsory but advisable)

2. Move the DiamondQVGA.tsk and Hh_fw_background.png in the "Files" folder to "My Documents" on your device

3. Go to "Settings" then "Today" and select "DiamondQVGA" theme

4. Open "Hh_fw_background.png" located in my documents on your device and set as "Today Background"

5. Disable any Items in the Today Settings

6. In the Manila folder install file "1". All CAB files should be installed on device main memory and not My storage.

7. After file is installed go back to "Today Items" in "Settings" and disable "TouchFlo"

8. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary

9. In the Manila folder install file "2" M2D Patch

10. I would soft reset at this point but probably not nessecary

11. Install the rest of the files 3 to 12 in the manila folder soft resetting the device if told to by the installations. Yes you do need to install Gmaps as it wont work in the M2D maps widget.

12. You now have a choice you can skip this and go to step 13 which is easier and better or you can - Leave the installation here and you will have a dark blue skin which will not fill your screen. You will have to edit HTCHomeSettings.xml located in the windows directory of your device, once edited to suit Omnia resolution you will need to put HTCHomeSettings.xml in the windows/manilaGFX directory of your device. You will also have to put hh_fw_background.png into the same directory. Jump to step 15.

13. The best way is to ignore step 12 and install file "13" in manila folder this will give the HTC Standard Theme which is nice.

14. For the MBarvian Touchflo 3d Skin I have already edited the HTCHomeSttings.xml to suit the omnia resolution. Move ._HTCHomeSttings.xml, HTCHomeSttings.xml and hh_fw_background.png from the manila/files folder to the windows folder of your device.

15. I would soft reset at this point but probably not necessary

16. When the device starts go to "settings" then "today" then "items" and enable "TouchFlo"

17. You will need to edit the registry to be able to use the CommManager to enable/disable WiFi. Go to HKLM/software/drivers/WLAN and check that AdapterName is JAGUARGSP1. Go to HKLM/software/HTC/CommManager/WLAN and replace the name after the \TNETW12511 with \JAGUARGSP1. DO NOT edit the contents in the brackets only the name after the \.

18. That should be it!

Here are the files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/151881719/M2D_i900.zip.html

Paul you might want to mediafire the file as some people have trouble with rapidshare

:lol: :D ;)

it is ok 

it's work 

thank you,i'm from romania .grate and hard work  for you ,sure

but what we do with     "youtube" ?

thank you

Finally I managed also to install Manilla on i900 German Rom.

Version:

PDA i900XGHI5

TELE i900XHI3

The installfiles from here where the best. After install i had to rename all *.0409.mui files to 0407 (HTC, Audiomanager, Audiobooster, Weather names, ...) that comes with manilla. This files can be translated I think, maybe already existing.

Guest Omnia_1
Omnia_1 do u have always the red them for it? It will be good in .tsk :lol:

great background and buttons

here, however no landscape in this .tsk

Can anyone recommend an app that will create 240x400 .tsk with landscape, I use ThemeGenCE but doesnt seem to support landscape, ty.

TRICKS FOR YOUTUBE:

1 - install youtubeplay.cab (search in the web it's freeware)

2 - with a mobile registry explorer go to: HKLM/Software/Htc/Manilla2d/InternetWidget/Customized/0/CustomizedURL

and change the line: Youtube.exe in: youtubeplay.exe

3 - copy youtube.exe from your installated location (eg. MyStorage/Programs/Youtubeplayyoutubeplay.exe) to /Windows

enjoy!

cheers