Pantech Duo 6.1 update now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
duo61.png
Packing one of the innovating Pantech Duo dual slider Smartphones on AT&T? If so, then you'll be pleased to know that a Windows Mobile 6.1 update has been released!

Weighing in at 58MB and available for download at the Pantech site, the update takes you to...

Pantech Duo Windows Mobile 6.1 Standard
CE OS 5.2.19597 (Build 19597.1.1.8)
Radio Version C819.33.
OS Bld. Version 6.11.M044.33
RIL Version 2.02

If you HAVE a duo (a handset I'm personally quite fond of), then the update is a no brainger - go get it! ;)

P

Via: WMExperts

Guest mikeeey

yay!

thank you for the news paul! I'll flash this on my girlfriend's phone and hope nothing goes wrong! I hope it comes with a comm manager where you can actually change from 3G to edge this time!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GoolGaul

I just got the Duo (my trusty old AT&T 2125 just didn't cut it anymore)

The first thing I did - after activating it - was upgrade to WM6.1

Worked like a charm!

The only thing that didn't work was the PIM.VOL file, and I found a converter for it, which also worked like a charm.

I really like the threaded SMS. Beyond that, I really don't know what the DUO was like with WM6.0

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey

I flashed it on her phone and the homescreen interface is awesome, very similar to the Manilia 2D interface I have on my phone, that is, without the touch capabilities. But instead of moving the tabs left and right, it's up and down, each tab has different settings that you can navigate through using left and right.

It still has the same crappy comm manager, and I still can't figure out how to disable 3G on her phone, is it really that complicated on a smartphone? is it even possible? or is it something very simple I'm just not seeing?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.