methods of getting vodafone balance

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

I have recently moved to New Zealand and now have an NZ vodafone prepay sim in my phone. Checking the balence on this is slightly more long winded than I'm used to as o2 is simply *#10# which I set as a speed dial.

With vodafone there is 3 ways to check the balance:

1) phoning up the freephone number and going through a sequence of keypresses.

2) using the vodafone live! application from the sim card which eventually sends a text message with the balance.

3) texting bal to 777 which texts back the balance amount.

out of all of them it seems 3 is the quickest if i could somehow find someway to setup the text message being prefilled with subject and receipient. then i would just need to set a button to send it.

does anyone know of a way i can do this?

Guest Webreaper
I have recently moved to New Zealand and now have an NZ vodafone prepay sim in my phone. Checking the balence on this is slightly more long winded than I'm used to as o2 is simply *#10# which I set as a speed dial.

With vodafone there is 3 ways to check the balance:

1) phoning up the freephone number and going through a sequence of keypresses.

2) using the vodafone live! application from the sim card which eventually sends a text message with the balance.

3) texting bal to 777 which texts back the balance amount.

out of all of them it seems 3 is the quickest if i could somehow find someway to setup the text message being prefilled with subject and receipient. then i would just need to set a button to send it.

does anyone know of a way i can do this?

Have a look at Mortscript. I believe you can set it up to send a text (or do it via keypresses/menu commands), and then you could associated that with an icon on your start menu.