Video (avi) files on Omnia .... help

Guest ldbs

Hello Omniaaaaaa users.

I just have some questions..

how do you make the video take up the whole screen? i put some files on the device.. but there is a black border still all the way around..

i saw reviews of the video taking up the whole screen how is it possible?

Also.. what are you guys using to convert the videos? software wise?

Guest hikurakx
Hello Omniaaaaaa users.

how do you make the video take up the whole screen? i put some files on the device.. but there is a black border still all the way around..

for avi, you dont have to convert it, you can just play it, and it will play off by the touch player, at touch player, just click the playing screen, then it will take you to the fullscreen

Guest pedramgm

I have the same problem, the avi files on my omnia don't really play at full screen but with a black border. so thats very annoying

If someone has a solution, please post it here!!!

Guest Michael122w
Hello Omniaaaaaa users.

Yep, they will play on Touch player out of the box. The only thing you need to do is go into the settings and open the DivX registration. (you don't need to do anything with the registration number, but it just seems unlock the video elements of touch player)

Re: the black border - you might have a avi file that has been letterboxed incorrectly. When I create files from my eyeTV to move across to the samsung, I can select whether I want to letterbox (keep the aspect ratio correct and have black bottoms or sides) or crop (where you loose the ends of the frames). If you are getting black on all 4 sides - then someone has probably saved it in a bad format.

I have the same problem. Touch player doesn't work with any of my files and i have tryed at least 10 movies. Some recoded to mp4, divx. I used fddshow and a lot of other stuff to make it play and it didn't work. But the odd thing is that they worked on windows media player (the one on the phone not my computer) but touch doesn't even put it in it's library folder or it puts them under mp3's -

Then i installed core player and the movies worked but there was a lot of lag in both core and windows players. I then remembered a software that i used on my old SE phone called smartmovie. I installed the demo and it worked without any problems in both portrait and landscape mode in fulscreen. I didn't change the movies. I just copyed them from my computer to the phone.

So i have to say that i like smartmovie because it doesn't have a lot of settings and because it works like i want it to.

But if someone finds out what's up with touch please post because it would be nice to have both players to compare. Now i use touch only for my mp3's.

Edited by bpivk

• 1 month later...
Guest drfaustus
Go here. It is free and very easy to work with! Good luck, bro!

hey, i know this might be annoying but i still cant play avi files in my Omnia.... ive tried it all, when i try to play them a error message pops that reads "unable video format" i get to hear the movie but i cant see it... can anyone help plz

hey, i know this might be annoying but i still cant play avi files in my Omnia.... ive tried it all, when i try to play them a error message pops that reads "unable video format" i get to hear the movie but i cant see it... can anyone help plz

best player http://www.ipmart-forum.com/showthread.php?t=259247 B) best converter http://rapidshare.com/files/160694727/Tota...r_3.14_Full.rar B)

Edited by s_wind

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mutant04

I've just tried to play an .avi file and it won't play. States 'Unsupported Video Format', however it does play the audio?

Bit annoyed at this, you read reviews and it states that the phone plays DivX, blah,blah blah, and then when you get it doesn't work.

Why should we have to mess about with convertor sand 3rd party programs to watch a movie, when were told it plays them out of the box B)

Not impressed, however in saying that if anyone has a fix,( besides coverting and 3rd party apps), any adivce would be most welcome.

Guest 3shirts

I use Super (http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html) and convert with the settings shown.

I use CorePlayer but these work in Media Player and should be fine in Touchplayer too (don't have it to check on my current ROM). Super is great as it will convert basically anything you throw in, just tell it what you want out!

I have attached my Super settings file so you can just import that to Super (remove the .zip extension) rather than putting all the settings in yourself.

post-424939-1227797861_thumb.jpg

i900Omnia.spf.zip

• 4 weeks later...

gabi d. way to go, free and works though take sum time to figure out the setting, it could work with out too much setting just pick the correct device then done faultless, but i like to play around with the setting tweak the aspect ratio till i m happy. thats a cool feature not all video format convertor let u do that. i mean most can't. love this thing thx thx thx thx gabi b...

Guest PMaxx69
Hello Omniaaaaaa users.

Try this (it's based on Mencoder and mplayer):

http://xoomer.alice.it/sepaolo/n800vc/psvc.htm

It's freeware, i have developed this software for nokia n800, but i have added a skin for i900.

There is a feature to make fullscreen video for omnia (it's a sort of autocrop).

It's a work in progress, but it's stable and fast (it's for Windows, but works on linux with wine).

Paolo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dopeness

I have an i910. When I active sync with a USB cable I have no problems at all with .avi’s. It converts it or transfers them without a hitch. (You may have done this already, but if not here is what I did).

I do an active sync.

Go to Explore in the Active Sync box on the screen. (This opens up additional folders)

I click “storage”

I created a “movies” folder

dragged an .avi movie from the desktop to the new “movies’ folder.

Before I started having problems yesterday, grrrrrr, the process took about 25 minutes for the “Transformers” to get on there. No lags, sound was Cherry and the picture was flawless. I would, however, like to get the movies to take up the full screen too. Where I download them from they are all in the letter box format so I don’t know if I can do anything about it.

On a side note. I signed up for the divx mobile site. They have a movie player that you can download. Its nothing extra special, but I did notice that their player it raises the volume up a bit higher than the Touch player and the Windows player.

• 6 months later...
Guest scalen

Hello

I think i got your solution man you want fast video streaming works in touch player just follow these steps :) ;)

1)Download this converter from here((http://rapidshare.com/files/252583432/XillVCU.rar)) and remember to disable your internet connection before you type in the serial and type anything in the name .

2)Drag in your videos any video format .For me i just download my videos from you tube in HD and i just convert it .

3)Convert your videos in General videos---->Xvid.avi-----> choose the video size 480x272 .

4)After your videos finish . Copy them to your omnia i900 and it should work perfectly in touch player without lag and full screen.

Enjoy ;)

Edited by scalen

Guest maf107ezk0

Here`s a MUCH better solution - what I`m using! Youd don`t convert or do anything... Just while playing with coreplayer/tcpmp go to options-zoom and select FILL SCREEN ;) That`s all it`ll zoom to the point where the black borders aren`t visible. The quality isn`t affected at all :)

Guest new2city

yup TCPMP is the way to go, I am using the WM6.1 edition 0.81 with Options->Pixel Aspect Ratio->16:9 Screen settings

no conversion mostly for the standard avi's.... no 720p versions though.. Touch player is a waste of time..

Guest maf107ezk0

I don`t like the 16:9 screen setting because it stretches the image and it bothers me :) Dunno, maybe I`m strange ;)

Edited by maf107ezk0

Guest scalen

Xilisoft is fast in converting the videos and touch player is better than anything cuz the quality of the video is not effected at all .Just try it :)

Guest Fisher1

There's a good tutorial here - Convert Movies and Videos for your Samsung Omnia

It's got two methods to convert your videos or movies. One through the DivX converter, and the other through Super Video Converter. It will still have a black border when you convert through DivX converter especially if its a widescreen video (to preserve the aspect ratio). Super Video Converter however converts the video without the black border but you may experience stretching as the aspect ratio isnt preserved.

Just check out the site, I converted many videos using that tutorial.

Guest jaycarl
There's a good tutorial here - Convert Movies and Videos for your Samsung Omnia

It's got two methods to convert your videos or movies. One through the DivX converter, and the other through Super Video Converter. It will still have a black border when you convert through DivX converter especially if its a widescreen video (to preserve the aspect ratio). Super Video Converter however converts the video without the black border but you may experience stretching as the aspect ratio isnt preserved.

Just check out the site, I converted many videos using that tutorial.

Very nice info, thx alot

Guest raggers

the guy that stated core player is definitely right. I use this and can even play large mkv files. Goes to fullscreen too and no need for converting