Keyboard backlight awful on new Grey Q9H!

Guest ross2852

Guest ross2852

I just recently replaced my black Moto Q9h (WM6.0) with the new grey q9h (WM6.1). The OS is fine, but the whatever-color keyboard mixed with the awful backlight through the keys makes it nearly impossible to see the letters and numbers on the phone (in a room or somewhere where youre not in daylight and the backlight doesnt turn on for the keys).

I spent an hour with AT&T (knowingly that they prob couldn't fix it) to see if they had any suggestions, got transfered to Motorola... and all the lady said was, yeah we know of that issue and there's nothing we can do about it until they release a hardware fix for it.

I'm wondering if there's some way in the registery that we can boost that light or something.

Thanks,

Ross

• 2 months later...
Guest me4tux
I just recently replaced my black Moto Q9h (WM6.0) with the new grey q9h (WM6.1). The OS is fine, but the whatever-color keyboard mixed with the awful backlight through the keys makes it nearly impossible to see the letters and numbers on the phone (in a room or somewhere where youre not in daylight and the backlight doesnt turn on for the keys).

I spent an hour with AT&T (knowingly that they prob couldn't fix it) to see if they had any suggestions, got transfered to Motorola... and all the lady said was, yeah we know of that issue and there's nothing we can do about it until they release a hardware fix for it.

I'm wondering if there's some way in the registery that we can boost that light or something.

Thanks,

Ross

I am surprised nobody responded to your original note.

I completely agree with you. The keyboard backlight is awful. It is too light against the grey keypad. There is no where in settings to change the intensity of the lighting. This is really bad. If the black version keypad is identical, I might even swap out the keypad.

I hope someone responds with a work around...

Guest Tranzystor (Patrick)
I am surprised nobody responded to your original note.

I completely agree with you. The keyboard backlight is awful. It is too light against the grey keypad. There is no where in settings to change the intensity of the lighting. This is really bad. If the black version keypad is identical, I might even swap out the keypad.

I hope someone responds with a work around...

Hello

Yeah keyboard ,display ,is identical in q9h EU version .... even motherboar=ds is the same but EU version without GPS module .

Chears

Guest me4tux
Hello

Yeah keyboard ,display ,is identical in q9h EU version .... even motherboar=ds is the same but EU version without GPS module .

Chears

Is it possible to replace the Q9h grey keypad with the black one? Is replacing the grey keypad with the black one possible? Can you help compare if the key symbols on the grey is exactly the same as the black version?

The grey keypad backlight is completely useless and worse, renders the keypad unusable at night.

Any advice or alternative suggestion is appreciated.

Guest Tranzystor (Patrick)
Is it possible to replace the Q9h grey keypad with the black one? Is replacing the grey keypad with the black one possible? Can you help compare if the key symbols on the grey is exactly the same as the black version?

The grey keypad backlight is completely useless and worse, renders the keypad unusable at night.

Any advice or alternative suggestion is appreciated.

Hello

Tommorow i check it and give some picture to make your sure :)

cheers (sorry to my en ;P)

• 9 months later...

:) THAT IS SO TRUE.. IF YOU GET THE GRAY Q9H. ITS BEST FOR GPS. HOWEVER THE OLD BLACK Q9H HAD EXCELLENT BACKLIGHT FOR KEYBOARD, BUT IT SUCKED ON AT&T GPS. SO IT SO FREAKING CONFUSING TO WHICH ONE TO END UP.