Do you think Omnia is not complete untill now?

Guest samjuan

Guest samjuan

Hello,

I will add my voice to "still waiting for the perfect rom", I mean:

1. I want the proper flash support, "3.1,3.5 or whatever"

2. I want better widgets "at least this is what distinguishes the Omnia from the crowd" smoother, more practical widgets and customizable if possible.

3. I want better utilization of the 16GB, I mean they are trying "as you can notice" by making the download location of Bluetooth "FTP only" and opera going to the 16GB

4. Still a bad camera, much room to improve though

5. Silverinbox!!! the big hit, if this comes and replaces Omnia's messaging application, I'm telling you it will be a hit.

6. improve the speed, after all this has 624MHz CPU!!! c'mon, still too many lags and jitters in the interface and loading times, do you see how the phone application loads!...

7. Remove the stupid ringtone habit!! low for 2 seconds then normal afterwords... "I know they will never do it... like all the rest of the Samsung phones"

8. Faster ringtone response, "it takes some time to ring the phone, I know this is a WM issue, but still..."

9. tweak the rest of the phone "settings, phone application..." to be more finger friendly, I know this will never happen, but...

10. hey shoot the moon... why don't they make the phone update process a standard and upload all the roms for all different parts of the worlds in their designated sites, with proper change log, fixes and feature add-ons...

11. have the option to turn on or off the "key locked, press center key to activate", and to set the timer to when it will actually lock it, hey and not lock it if you are using a bluetooth or wired headset! makes perfect sense right?

The least thing they can do is speak to their customers "AFTER THEY BOUGHT THE PHONE", I mean, they only speak to their prospected customers through ads and stuff, but once you bought the phone, you are on your own! I know service centers and call centers... but c'mon... they are useless you know that!

Edited by samjuan

the one thing i would like is to get rid of that STUPID thing where you have to press that centre key whilst you are in call to press other keys, its such a pain in the ass! Why on earth would you want to lock your keys whilst on the phone if you are going to be using it generally?

other WM Devices dont do that - so why this? you have to press the centre key to "activate" the pads as soon as you dial the call! Its stupid, then within a matter of seconds, it will lock again!

Guest samjuan
the one thing i would like is to get rid of that STUPID thing where you have to press that centre key whilst you are in call to press other keys, its such a pain in the ass! Why on earth would you want to lock your keys whilst on the phone if you are going to be using it generally?

other WM Devices dont do that - so why this? you have to press the centre key to "activate" the pads as soon as you dial the call! Its stupid, then within a matter of seconds, it will lock again!

That is an excellent point, people are suffering and you can see that from only reading through this forum!!!

edit: I added this to the list... thanks

paul's application can disable this... i have tested it and it works like a charm!

it would be a major improvement if samsung could fix the BT voice dialing feature in the future roms...

Guest samjuan
paul's application can disable this... i have tested it and it works like a charm!

it would be a major improvement if samsung could fix the BT voice dialing feature in the future roms...

I am aware of all the hard work everybody is putting eapecially paul, however im sure even paul would love to have this option! right?

Guest peopleschamp

I had a touch dual before the i900, and each time i made a call the screen wich was active get strange input(like change time settings).

So I think is better a locked screen, even if sometimes is boring(like to activate handsfree during a call).

Guest RodolfoG
I had a touch dual before the i900, and each time i made a call the screen wich was active get strange input(like change time settings).

So I think is better a locked screen, even if sometimes is boring(like to activate handsfree during a call).

I agree with the locked sccreen while calling... as soon as I place a call I put the phone in my pocket (I use a BT Headset) and it would be madness if everything got pressed in my pocket...

I do agree that BT voice dialling is a MUST... I'm really impressed at the lack of support/interest Samsung has given to this point.

I am using PaSSoA's custom Manila 2D ROM and I simply love it... I am VERY happy with my Omnia with that ROM... combined with S2U2 and a few other tweaks, this phone ROCKS!

Guest Pille69

to be honest

i like it

i had before a HTC Touch. if i called the keys wasnt locked

after the phone call i was busy whit closing apps

if you hold the phone on the ear's then you will open programs

try it and you will see it

Guest samjuan
to be honest

i like it

i had before a HTC Touch. if i called the keys wasnt locked

after the phone call i was busy whit closing apps

if you hold the phone on the ear's then you will open programs

try it and you will see it

I completely agree with you, however wouldn't it be a nice feature if they give us the option at least to time this thing instead of having it lock us out every 5 seconds or less? seriously it is annoying!

Agree, having an option for the timing would be good. I too like the lock feature , yes it gets a little irritating when doing phone banking or voicemail but I with the speaker on, it's not a problem for me.