T-Mobile??

Guest ant_thomas

Guest ant_thomas
probaby not as they can't even manage to get the vario iv launched....

Fair enough. Contract was up yesterday, looks like I might well be moving back to O2!

Fair enough. Contract was up yesterday, looks like I might well be moving back to O2!

I've been told by 4 different people at tmob now that they won't be doing upgrades till jan on anything, last one I spoke to was one of the cs managers, who said that was why the upgrade figure I was given on a new phone was more than the retail price!

he wouldn't be drawn on whether they'd spent all their cash on getting the g1 in, I told him if they offered me a free one having not reduced my line rental since being out of contract for a few months, then id bugger off and get an iphone. not struck on g1, android has potential, but not that phone..

they wouldn't confirm the HD, and deffo not having the xperia. so I think im going to get an x1 from VF, unless o2 have them in stock on monday.

An easy way to get one on T-Mob (if your finances will stretch to it that is) is to buy one SIM free then go on a SIM-Only tarriff. The money you save on the 18 month SIM only contract should cover most of what you pay for the X1 SIM-free (plus you won't get any horrible branded ROM on your X1 either).

Guest psionandy
An easy way to get one on T-Mob (if your finances will stretch to it that is) is to buy one SIM free then go on a SIM-Only tarriff. The money you save on the 18 month SIM only contract should cover most of what you pay for the X1 SIM-free (plus you won't get any horrible branded ROM on your X1 either).

sim free x1 =£500

now as it's free from o2 on a £45 tariff over 18 month =£810

so if a £15 month tarrif, + internet bolt on will cover your calls and net usage your looking at a £105 premium for going sim free...

sim free x1 =£500

now as it's free from o2 on a £45 tariff over 18 month =£810

so if a £15 month tarrif, + internet bolt on will cover your calls and net usage your looking at a £105 premium for going sim free...

Well I did say it would cover most not all of the cost! And besides, check out the Bargains section for a SIM free X1 for £480 which gets that premium down to £85! The other plus to doing it this way is you're free to switch your X1 between networks at will not tied in for 18 months. Not for everyone I know but what price freedom?! :lol:

Guest psionandy
Well I did say it would cover most not all of the cost! And besides, check out the Bargains section for a SIM free X1 for £480 which gets that premium down to £85! The other plus to doing it this way is you're free to switch your X1 between networks at will not tied in for 18 months. Not for everyone I know but what price freedom?! :lol:

you're right... there are benefits to doing it this way.. not least the fact that you can get the updates and patches that networks like t-mobile refuse to release on its branded devices...

if i could just get the numbers to work.... anyone got next weeks lottery numbers?

Guest stanthebiker
Companies like eXpansys are selling the X1 with T-Mobile contracts from FREE to £225.

Might be worth looking into.

http://www.expansys.com/nc.aspx?i=163411

Very interesting! Just after I'd gone from T-Mobile to an X1 from o2, they turn up on T-Mobile!

The Retentions guy at T even said "Oh, yeah, the X1, we'll probably never be doing that phone" :lol:

Guest psionandy
Very interesting! Just after I'd gone from T-Mobile to an X1 from o2, they turn up on T-Mobile!

The Retentions guy at T even said "Oh, yeah, the X1, we'll probably never be doing that phone" :lol:

T-mobile Aren't doing it.. however there is nothing to stop an independant reseller selling unlocked versions with a t-moile contract...

Guest stanthebiker
T-mobile Aren't doing it.. however there is nothing to stop an independant reseller selling unlocked versions with a t-mobile contract...

Yes, however, I would have to shell out the full £600+ all at once rather than spreading it over 18 months buying on contract, and T-Mobile signal in my house wasn't that great anyway, they just had the best deal on the last phone I wanted.

My SEX1 on o2 should arrive tomorrow.