• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Just seen + tested out a G1! basic questions can be answered...

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How brilliant it is living in Birmingham....

...Popped into my local t-mobile store today to ask about the G1 and the guy there said he'd just got a sample one in yesterday which he was getting used to today and so offered it up to me to have a look

like me, he was initially quite critical of the design especially, which in pictures looks especially tacky, but, when you actually use one, the design is absolutely wonderful - build quality is quite simply excellent - you get the feeling that a drop from the empire state building would be something it would take in its stride, shrug off, and move on

the software is also great - its unimaginably fast....click, drag, type, request absolutely anything at any speed you like and instantly its been done - the screen rotation is nigh-on instantaneous (way, way faster than any windows mobile or symbian device, and even faster than any iphone)

they're expecting it to be free on the £40 a month tariff, but won't get actualy pricing till its release on the 30th october (that's thursday, for some reason)

i can't really answer any complex questions cause i only had about 5 minutes with the phone, but i'll do my best if you have any

Posted · Report post

I ork in a tmobie store and been playng with it for a fw days (it fantstic btw i'm really thinking of getting one instead of wm) so any more digging questions i can try and answer

Damian

Posted · Report post

I ork in a tmobie store and been playng with it for a fw days (it fantstic btw i'm really thinking of getting one instead of wm) so any more digging questions i can try and answer

Damian

1) Can you confirm that is definitely going to be in UK stores tomorrow? T-Mobile have gone worryingly quiet about it and given how they delayed the vario IV i've been worried that they'll push back the release date

2) How do you find the keyboard?

3) can you give us you three worst and three best aspects of the device?