GPS doesn't work at all! [FIXED!!!]

Guest nLinked

Guest nLinked

My 16 GB Omnia's GPS doesn't work in any program, not even Google Maps.

I've tried virtually everything, various GPS programs, various COM port settings, defaults, but it will never connect to GPS.

Google Maps with default Omnia GPS settings from a hard reset just says no GPS device found.

What can I do? Is the GPS dead on my phone? Please help!

Edit: ISSUE FIXED! See post #4.

Edited by nLinked

Guest nLinked

I FIXED IT!!!

It was so simple!

1. Enabled XTRA download and downloaded the data. Then disabled XTRA
  2. Installed GPSGate, added default Omnia settings which are COM port 3, 4800 baud, COM 9 as hardware. Also added virtual COM port 6.
  3. On Tomtom I chose the Other NMEA GPS receiver, 4800 baud, chose the virtual COM port
  4. It works!
And I thought this Omnia's GPS was dead!

Works from inside the house with curtains shut! 7 satellites picked up!

Edited by nLinked

Guest andre77

and i'm guessing you were never a 'noob'! Here is a suggestion if you don't like the post and don't want to answer...then don't. It's a forum people are free to post

I have been lurking here for a week now and can not seem to find a way to get gps to work. I have searched did not try the registry edits mentioned on other post. By the way this is by far the best forum for the Omnia. Migrated here from xda with my HTC phone. New phone is Omnia would like the basic gps to work just with google maps. Do I need to install the gps gate app for google maps to work?