• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Wifi

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

can i use wi fi to say for example connect to an internet connection that is not my phones an use the net for free like in mcdonalds??

if so how do i do this? i got net at home so dont wana cost me a fortune by using it unneccarily so was hoping jus to use it for free??

Posted · Report post

Yes... as long as you know the key for any secured wifi access point.

Posted · Report post

Yes... as long as you know the key for any secured wifi access point.

an whats the process of doing this? do i need reception on phone?

Posted · Report post

an whats the process of doing this? do i need reception on phone?

I find the manual provides lots of information about how to use the 'Fone'.

Posted · Report post

I find the manual provides lots of information about how to use the 'Fone'.

maybe i dont have a manual

Posted · Report post

Wifi reception isn't dependent on phone reception, as it is a totally separate aerial/connection etc.

As long as you're reasonably close to the wifi point you're going to pick it up, with the usual caveats about number of obstacles between you and the aerial e.g. walls.

Posted · Report post

jus what i wanted 2 hear so do i jus go into searc wi fi connections an it will pick up wireless

Posted · Report post

When you enable it you will get a popup with nearby wireless access points. You select to connect to them, and then it will prompt for the key if required.

Posted · Report post

trid it with our home wireless, inserted the code an al, but how do i know when im connected via wi fi and not my phone because it doesnt open an net page for me, if i go to home after this and to launch internet how do i know im on the wi fi an not my phone network internet??

Posted · Report post

When you enable wireless you'll see a symbol akin to a chess pawn appear on the status bar. Typicall you'll see this animating with arrows and dots to show it's negotiating a connection.

When connected the animations stop, and you should see a pawn with static arrows to the right of it. If you don't see any arrows it has failed to connect.

From this point on all data traffic should go over wireless.

Posted · Report post

thats great cheers mate, i never got a manual wit this info, does one supposed to come n box?

Posted · Report post

I can't remember offhand if they come on CD, but if you Google HTC's site you can find the manuals there in the support section I think.