• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First Impressions

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well it finally arrived this morning after more ineptitude from Citylink.

First impressions are that the phone feels like an expensive phone (unlike the N95 which was marketed as a premium phone but never looked or felt like one). Great build, feels solid in the hand - not that much more weighty than the N95 and for some reason feels less bulky.

Got it in silver (preferred the black but CPW do it in silver only) which actually looks very good and understated (which I like).

Getting used to the keyboard and the sliding mechanism is top drawer!

Going from Portrait to landscape is pretty quick to be fair (no perceptible delay which is great). The Panels have lag but not so much that it would bother me. The radio is excellent as is the Spb Panel which in truth is a must as the other SE panels would get on my nerves after a while. Synching was a cinch on Vista. The phone is incredibly fast for WinMo phone and switching between apps is pretty fast.

The screen is absolutely superb and was the real reason why I chose it over the Omnia. Navigating around the phone and WinMo in general looks quality and I swore after the HTC Wizard my next WinMo device would have a Hi-Res screen.

Screen is very responsive (it still has the plastic protective sheet on until I get a screen protector!) and inspite of the recessed screen I can get to the corners to close apps etc.

Multimedia wise it is excellent - got Coreplayer which handles videos etc. really well.

As for form factor - well for me it is perfect - large screen and yet the phone is not too big and still feels like a phone i.e. you don't feel awkward putting it to your ear whilst getting a call which for me was very important. That was what put me off the HTC Touch HD (and iPhone) which is an otherwise excellent phone.

More impressions later as I get to play more and more. Take heed of the sticky in this forum about Paul's must have apps - excellent choices!

Posted · Report post

Well it finally arrived this morning after more ineptitude from Citylink.

First impressions are that the phone feels like an expensive phone (unlike the N95 which was marketed as a premium phone but never looked or felt like one). Great build, feels solid in the hand - not that much more weighty than the N95 and for some reason feels less bulky.

Got it in silver (preferred the black but CPW do it in silver only) which actually looks very good and understated (which I like).

Getting used to the keyboard and the sliding mechanism is top drawer!

Going from Portrait to landscape is pretty quick to be fair (no perceptible delay which is great). The Panels have lag but not so much that it would bother me. The radio is excellent as is the Spb Panel which in truth is a must as the other SE panels would get on my nerves after a while. Synching was a cinch on Vista. The phone is incredibly fast for WinMo phone and switching between apps is pretty fast.

The screen is absolutely superb and was the real reason why I chose it over the Omnia. Navigating around the phone and WinMo in general looks quality and I swore after the HTC Wizard my next WinMo device would have a Hi-Res screen.

Screen is very responsive (it still has the plastic protective sheet on until I get a screen protector!) and inspite of the recessed screen I can get to the corners to close apps etc.

Multimedia wise it is excellent - got Coreplayer which handles videos etc. really well.

As for form factor - well for me it is perfect - large screen and yet the phone is not too big and still feels like a phone i.e. you don't feel awkward putting it to your ear whilst getting a call which for me was very important. That was what put me off the HTC Touch HD (and iPhone) which is an otherwise excellent phone.

More impressions later as I get to play more and more. Take heed of the sticky in this forum about Paul's must have apps - excellent choices!

Congrats to the phone!

A question about the D-pad. In Pauls review he didn´t find the D-pad any good.

What do you think?

Posted · Report post

Congrats to the phone!

A question about the D-pad. In Pauls review he didn´t find the D-pad any good.

What do you think?

The D-pad is ok- I can see what he means when he says the top part of the D-Pad seems a bit tight i.e. your thumb/finger ends up hitting the screen but I liked the definitive click in it so for me it hasn't posed too many problems (well none actually :lol:).

Posted · Report post

The D-pad is ok- I can see what he means when he says the top part of the D-Pad seems a bit tight i.e. your thumb/finger ends up hitting the screen but I liked the definitive click in it so for me it hasn't posed too many problems (well none actually :lol:).

Thanks. Exactly what I wanted to hear!