Quick Access to Wifi On/Off

Guest SSR

Hi folks,

Any tips on quickly enabling/disabling wifi?

At the moment I have to scroll along to settings, pick communications, then enable/disable wifi.

Is there anyway to get a button or something on the homepage or status bar that can do this in one press?

Thanks

Guest Neil5459

I don't think there's a 'one click' way. You could have a shortcut to Comm Manager on the Program tab of Tf3D.

May way around it is to reconfigure the Button1 Long Press to open Comm Manager, as I don't use Voice Dialling.

Guest estechco
OK brain failure. Was looking at wrong menu :lol:

I'd wanted to do this as well, but my Button Settings simply list "Button" 6 times. Only the top 3 are defined as Voice Speed Dial, and . Confusing to say the least!?!

Incidentally the Voice Speed Dial doesn't seem to work with any of these (short or long keypresses), although the "Quick List" feature does

Can anyone explain the sequence.

For the record, I'm on the stock T-Mo ROM (and somewhat reluctant to change it).

I'd wanted to do this as well, but my Button Settings simply list "Button" 6 times. Only the top 3 are defined as Voice Speed Dial, and . Confusing to say the least!?!

Incidentally the Voice Speed Dial doesn't seem to work with any of these (short or long keypresses), although the "Quick List" feature does

Can anyone explain the sequence.

For the record, I'm on the stock T-Mo ROM (and somewhat reluctant to change it).

Why you not put-it in menu and you just click start and is there.

post-435430-1225447438_thumb.jpg

Guest estechco
Why you not put-it in menu and you just click start and is there.

It already is there, but I tend not to use the Start Menu much since the arrival of Touch Flo.

Whilst i take your point, I'd still like to understand how the buttons are meant to work

Edited by estechco

Guest Neil5459
It already is there, but I tend not to use the Start Menu much since the arrival of Touch Flo.

Whilst i take your point, I'd still like to understand how the buttons are meant to work

If this is a Diamond, you have a problem. This phone only has one configurable button, and the only entry in the Settings/Buttons list should be 'Button 1(hold)' which can be configured with the 'Assign a program' menu; If you have other entries, then something has screwed quite badly in the registry or ROM. May need to hard reset to clear it (which of course deletes everything from the device memory!)

Guest newtonmj

You could try a tool like AE Button Plus. This allows you to customise pretty much any button to do most things you can imagine. For example, I have my volume-down button set to toggle wifi on/off. You can assign multiple functions for different button presses - e.g. single press, double-press, press-and-hold etc.

Mathew

Guest estechco
You could try a tool like AE Button Plus. This allows you to customise pretty much any button to do most things you can imagine. For example, I have my volume-down button set to toggle wifi on/off. You can assign multiple functions for different button presses - e.g. single press, double-press, press-and-hold etc.

Mathew

Presumably this doesn't function when Touch3D is running, does it?

Guest newtonmj
Presumably this doesn't function when Touch3D is running, does it?

On the contrary! It works regardless of what is running...

(Incidentally, in the case of the volume buttons these can be reverted to 'normal behaviour' whilst in a phonecall)

Mathew

Guest newtonmj
Just spotted a 2-click way. Pick the data connection on the top status bar, then a pop up appears with the link to Comm Manager. Click that and you're there.

Isn't that 3 clicks? :lol:

Give AEButtonPlus a try - at $7.99 it represents really good value... and will give you 1-click functionality to do a whole variety of things!

Mathew

Guest FatBoyFun

Why not just use this? Create a shortcut in the start menu, click it and it turns wifi on and off without going through comm manager, simple

It came out of a WM6.1 rom for my vox but works just fine on the diamond... B)

WirelessToggle.exe

• 1 month later...
Guest Kevlarski
Why not just use this? Create a shortcut in the start menu, click it and it turns wifi on and off without going through comm manager, simple

It came out of a WM6.1 rom for my vox but works just fine on the diamond... :rolleyes:

WirelessToggle.exe

Even better, download AdvancedConfig from xda-developers and you can change the soft touch keys and the long press keys with that. You could map a soft key or long press to the WirelessToggle.exe - 1 click solution.

Guest mattie01

does this work on the diamond ok then? i think i tried a copy that was floating around on xda-devs, but everytime i made a cll it turned on and off the wifi.

Guest Kevlarski
does this work on the diamond ok then? i think i tried a copy that was floating around on xda-devs, but everytime i made a cll it turned on and off the wifi.

I downloaded the version from this post and it works fine from Start Menu once you have created the shortcut. i haven't tried the softkey method as i have my softkeys set the way i want them but it should work the same.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OP:

Don't know if you're still looking for a solution- I use hbutton:

http://hbutton.dyndns.org/

It's great - one of the few apps that I've actually installed and dedided to keep.

A;though you can only configure one hardware button on the diamond, hbutton lets you keep it pressed down until the option you want appears. I have it set up to cycle through toggle BT, toggle WIFI, toggle sound mute, comm manager, start tomtom.

Guest newtonmj
Although you can only configure one hardware button on the diamond,

Any hardware button (bar the power button) can be re-configured on the Diamond. (Or did you mean just with hbutton?)

Mathew